West Sabine at Kelly Predictions

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1427192" timestamp="1377394328"]
West Sabine - 42

Kelly - 18
[/quote]
You have to be kidding…just knowing what I know about the Kelly Team this year and hardly anything about WS…I don't think a #7 ranked 1A team can have enough fire power to put up 42 points on Kelly. The most improvement of this years team from last will be seen on defense.

[quote name="Cfrank Sr" post="1427209" timestamp="1377394977"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=113544.msg1427192#msg1427192 date=1377394328]
West Sabine - 42

Kelly - 18
[/quote]
You have to be kidding…just knowing what I know about the Kelly Team this year and hardly anything about WS…I don't think a #7 ranked 1A team can have enough fire power to put up 42 points on Kelly. The most improvement of this years team from last will be seen on defense.
[/quote]

I'm not kidding one bit. I'm sure Kelly will be improved but they won't even be close in this game IMO. As far as the 42 points... West Sabine dropped 60 on Kelly last year and called off the dogs in the 3rd quarter. The Tigers return 17 or 18 starters so I can't see this being any different than last year. Just my .02 cents.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1427367" timestamp="1377441537"]
WS 42
Kelley 7

WS won 60-21 last season. Kelly went 0-10. http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/kelly-catholic-bulldogs-(beaumont,tx)/football-fall-12/schedule.htm
[/quote]
If you think Kelly hasn't greatly improved from last year, you're crazy. Kelly has an entire new receiver and DB set, and their passing game has improved. Kelly scrimmaged a decent 4A team, Lumberton, and did not let them get to their side of the field. In other words, they didn't even get close to scoring. As well as 3A HJ. Kelly also scored on Lumberton, but was scoreless against HJ. And I have to say, Lumberton wasn't too bad.

I guess at a private school you can have major improvements or dropoffs from one season to the next. Last year Kelly had Will Darling (I think that was his name) at QB and he was in his third year as a starter and was pretty highly touted going into last season. He's gone so I would think the passing game will take somewhat of a hit unless there is a stud to fill his shoes. When I saw Kelly last year in a scrimmage they just didn't have many athletes on the field, starters or backups, varsity or JV. Unless they got some new recruits, there is no way that they close a 40 point gap on West Sabine. A West Sabine team that was young last year and has 12 games of experience under their belt since last time the Tigers and Bulldogs met. They did lose an electric playmaker in Desmond Lacy, but the kid taking his place is a big time athlete as well. I think the days of Beaumont Kelly playing with and beating 3A and 4A teams is gone. Kelly folks may be amazed at the athletes that lil ole 1A Pineland puts on the field. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it, but I don't see Kelly keeping it within three TD's.

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1428124" timestamp="1377560969"]
I guess at a private school you can have major improvements or dropoffs from one season to the next. Last year Kelly had Will Darling (I think that was his name) at QB and he was in his third year as a starter and was pretty highly touted going into last season. He's gone so I would think the passing game will take somewhat of a hit unless there is a stud to fill his shoes. When I saw Kelly last year in a scrimmage they just didn't have many athletes on the field, starters or backups, varsity or JV. Unless they got some new recruits, there is no way that they close a 40 point gap on West Sabine. A West Sabine team that was young last year and has 12 games of experience under their belt since last time the Tigers and Bulldogs met. They did lose an electric playmaker in Desmond Lacy, but the kid taking his place is a big time athlete as well. I think the days of Beaumont Kelly playing with and beating 3A and 4A teams is gone. Kelly folks may be amazed at the athletes that lil ole 1A Pineland puts on the field. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it, but I don't see Kelly keeping it within three TD's.
[/quote] You do know that Kelly got a new coach last year right? The game against WS was his first game ever at Kelly and the Kelly team was also pretty young last year. This coach has now had over a year to get his system in place and trust me he has had the kids practicing and working with more discipline than any coach in recent years at Kelly. This Kelly team is going to be a whole new team this year. The returning starters have all benefitted greatly over the last year with the new weight training and conditioning coach at Kelly. And we do have a pretty good QB to replace Will who already got some experience at the end of last year. On top of that we had a basketball player who didn't play football last year decide to play this year and he will help a lot. We also did get a couple of transfers one reciever from New York who has looked pretty good in the scrimmages and a couple of linemen I believe. I'm not saying Kelly will win this game cause WS is a good team but I think it's going to be a lot better of a game than you think. If we get blown out by WS again I will be very surprised and pretty disappointed.

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1428124" timestamp="1377560969"]
[/quote]

2010: 4-7
2011: 11-4
2012: 0-10
Our seasons have fluctuated quite a bit but we also had 3 different head coaches in those 3 seasons. Coach Holmes also came in late and tried to implement a new offense and that probably wasn't easy to learn in such a short amount of time. Another big factor is that we lost somewhere around 22 seniors in 2012 and most of them were starters.  Will Darling was a decent QB but it's hard to be successful when you only had one receiver who could really make plays. I think our new QB, Connor Moore, will be a good replacement and our receivers are definitely better than last years. Our O-line this year is more experienced and hopefully we'll be able to open up the running game. Not going to underestimate WS one bit because they had a solid season and they are returning some good playmakers. Being a graduate, I still have faith in my dawgs and I'm hoping we will be able to compete against every team we play this year, especially when district comes around. I think the dawgs have something to prove this year and we'll have to show our competition that we still got the fight in us.

[quote name="BruinGrad87" post="1428253" timestamp="1377585390"]
[quote author=Barry and the Manilows link=topic=113544.msg1428247#msg1428247 date=1377581227]
no excuses for Kelly losing to a 1A team...ever....
[/quote]

Ignorance is bliss....?
[/quote]

I mean have you seen west Sabine play this year or last year? Lacy, the qb last year, was a Vince young clone running the ball, and they had 2-3 rb's who could start at pius, to put it in terms you may understand... And now one of those 2-3 rb's, all of whom are coming back as seniors, is the qb replacing lacy... Don't slouch on WS, but should def be a better game this year...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin