Silsbee and HJ gets hard road to Regionals

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1379616" timestamp="1361894526"]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=109454.msg1379601#msg1379601 date=1361893171]
I live in Houston, I once lived in Dallas. I meant to say that I have lived in Dallas and have seen alot of kids play
[/quote]Okay, let me break this down to you for you to understand what I am saying. Especially since we see your 'real" reason for[s] promoting [/s]your kin. Go watch or play against real D1 talent. It will give you an idea what you as a player, handler, promoter, wannabe-coach, or interested relative will need to see what weaknesses your kin will need to work on. You won't see it here in district play. I can't think of one kid in this area 6'4" or taller who would be able to create from the wing playing against the top elite summer teams. Keep bragging about what these kids do in these watered down district games. Its a whole "nother" big league out there that obviously you have no clue about.
[/quote]

He shoots....He scores!! AND THATS THE GAME!!!  ;D ;D ;D  Talk about telling it like it IS!!  ;)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1379617" timestamp="1361894578"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109454.msg1379605#msg1379605 date=1361893933]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=109454.msg1379599#msg1379599 date=1361893075]
Wow, people seem to be a little touchy. I dont live in SE tx, I live in Dallas and I have seen alot of kids play. Would the "little doves" still be playing if they had to face Yates? If your kids are not in competition with Bosha why are you always talking bad about him. I could say a few things about your kids but I won't. Isnt one of them only 5'5? Dick Vitale I need stats. You telling me that someone is better does not cut it for me. I need statistical data. There is no need to get so upset. It is not good for your body. Stay calm and cool. 8)
[/quote]
You don't NEED statistical data to evaluate players.. ::)..Its OK...You don't have to believe me....I only have the ability to provide TUITION, ROOM, BOARD & BOOKS for him after next year....thats all...  ;)
[/quote]Ouch!!
[/quote] especially when his stats would be in the notoriously weak HJ schedule. Stats are only useful -- if that -- for getting someone on the radar screen of the right people. But I really do tire of the talk here and everywhere about all these kids when they are tremendously successful in theri own "pond" and people instantly say, "yeah, but at the next level..." I prefer to enjoy them while they're here. Same with Heisman trophy winners (Archie Griffin, et al) who get that while the flash bulbs are still warm. (Yeah, I know. Ancient reference, but I'm old)

Bosha has played in Las Vegas, Houston, Dallas etc with team Sneed and he played well. He is 6'5. Again Dick Vital, I am sorry if it offends you but I need statistical data. I just cant take your word for it. Isnt that a reasonable request? If your kid shot 42% from the field and Bosha shot 52% from the field can you really say that the kid is a better shooter? What if Bosha shot 38% from the 3 point line and your kid shot 32% could you say he is a better 3 point shooter?If Bosha averaged 6 steals a game and your kid 3 could you say he is a better defender. I am just throwing out random numbers, but I hope you get my point. The only time that my cousin had problems handling the rock is when he grew 2 inches in 2 mos. You can always tell when he hits a growth spurt, because he does have problems handling the ball. ;)

I hope that all don't view the HJ family the same way that y'all are viewing this "big girl" person.  We all know the real deal.  And yes, Bosha is a great player but there are things to get better at.  I don't know a single ball player from SE Texas who has the "entire" package.  And if there were one, then all of the "BIG" schools would be here recruiting him or her weekly!!!!

Once again, please don't view all HJ fans as you do this one.  There is always one bad apple in the bunch!!!!

[quote name="homeless" post="1379620" timestamp="1361895075"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=109454.msg1379617#msg1379617 date=1361894578]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109454.msg1379605#msg1379605 date=1361893933]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=109454.msg1379599#msg1379599 date=1361893075]
Wow, people seem to be a little touchy. I dont live in SE tx, I live in Dallas and I have seen alot of kids play. Would the "little doves" still be playing if they had to face Yates? If your kids are not in competition with Bosha why are you always talking bad about him. I could say a few things about your kids but I won't. Isnt one of them only 5'5? Dick Vitale I need stats. You telling me that someone is better does not cut it for me. I need statistical data. There is no need to get so upset. It is not good for your body. Stay calm and cool. 8)
[/quote]
You don't NEED statistical data to evaluate players.. ::)..Its OK...You don't have to believe me....I only have the ability to provide TUITION, ROOM, BOARD & BOOKS for him after next year....thats all...  ;)
[/quote]Ouch!!
[/quote] especially when his stats would be in the notoriously weak HJ schedule. Stats are only useful -- if that -- for getting someone on the radar screen of the right people. But I really do tire of the talk here and everywhere about all these kids when they are tremendously successful in theri own "pond" and people instantly say, "yeah, but at the next level..." I prefer to enjoy them while they're here. Same with Heisman trophy winners (Archie Griffin, et al) who get that while the flash bulbs are still warm. (Yeah, I know. Ancient reference, but I'm old)
[/quote]Homeless, I'm old too ;) Players who rejoice in their own ponds are found in every city park ;) While us old heads are patting these kids on the back, there are kids out there wanting the same dream but don't dwell on last night's glory. Dicke V will tell you 6'5" kids are dime a dozen. You gotta bring something extra over the next guy whose 6'5".

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1379489" timestamp="1361855533"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=109454.msg1379482#msg1379482 date=1361854090]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109454.msg1379481#msg1379481 date=1361853882]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=109454.msg1379464#msg1379464 date=1361851011]
LMBO......It is obvious that Blue Dove does not know anything about basketball. I played in college and we were required to run cross country. I even saw a posting where he said that Johnson was the only person on HJ's team that could create his own shot. LOL. Has he ever watched Bosha play? He is the compete package. He can shoot, he can drive, he is a great perimeter defender and he can hit the 3. Either Blue Dove is blind or he has never attended a HJ game. Wow!!!!! ;)
[/quote]
Sorry, but Bosha is not the complete package...Good player, but he has a few areas to improve upon...The fact that he did not lead his team to at LEAST a SECOND place finish IN 3A, tells a tale.  He definitely has the tools, but he needs to work hard this spring and summer....Trust me when I tell you...NOT the COMPLETE package.
[/quote]

Do tell, Dickie.  As an example, tell me what Brandon Chapelle had in his junior year that Mr. Bosha doesnt have?
[/quote]
As a junior, Brandon Chappell was the sixth man on an undefeated (36-0) Class 4A State Championship team, for starters...[b][color=red][size=12pt]He was a better shooter[/size][/color][/b], ball handler and playmaker than Bosha...And a MUCH better defender...NOT that Bosha will not GET there at some point, because he is a good player.  But Bosha was no comparison to Brandon Chappell as a junior...Not close...
[/quote]

Sorry, DV- but the shooting evaluation is incorrect..  I watched both play quite a bit and you are dead wrong on the shooting.  You can trust me when I tell you that the one thing that I understand very well is shooting.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1379626" timestamp="1361895664"]
I hope that all don't view the HJ family the same way that y'all are viewing this "big girl" person.  We all know the real deal.  And yes, Bosha is a great player but there are things to get better at.  I don't know a single ball player from SE Texas who has the "entire" package.  And if there were one, then all of the "BIG" schools would be here recruiting him or her weekly!!!!

Once again, please don't view all HJ fans as you do this one.  There is always one bad apple in the bunch!!!!
[/quote]Amen! All these kids still have a way to go. Its a process. Big Girl cool with me. I understand where she is going with this. ;)

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1379634" timestamp="1361896465"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109454.msg1379489#msg1379489 date=1361855533]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=109454.msg1379482#msg1379482 date=1361854090]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109454.msg1379481#msg1379481 date=1361853882]
LMBO......It is obvious that Blue Dove does not know anything about basketball. I played in college and we were required to run cross country. I even saw a posting where he said that Johnson was the only person on HJ's team that could create his own shot. LOL. Has he ever watched Bosha play? He is the compete package. He can shoot, he can drive, he is a great perimeter defender and he can hit the 3. Either Blue Dove is blind or he has never attended a HJ game. Wow!!!!! ;)
[/quote]
Sorry, but Bosha is not the complete package...Good player, but he has a few areas to improve upon...The fact that he did not lead his team to at LEAST a SECOND place finish IN 3A, tells a tale.  He definitely has the tools, but he needs to work hard this spring and summer....Trust me when I tell you...NOT the COMPLETE package.
[/quote]

Do tell, Dickie.  As an example, tell me what Brandon Chapelle had in his junior year that Mr. Bosha doesnt have?
[/quote]
As a junior, Brandon Chappell was the sixth man on an undefeated (36-0) Class 4A State Championship team, for starters...[b][color=red][size=12pt]He was a better shooter[/size][/color][/b], ball handler and playmaker than Bosha...And a MUCH better defender...NOT that Bosha will not GET there at some point, because he is a good player.  But Bosha was no comparison to Brandon Chappell as a junior...Not close...
[/quote]

Sorry, DV- but the shooting evaluation is incorrect..  I watched both play quite a bit and you are dead wrong on the shooting.  You can trust me when I tell you that the one thing that I understand very well is shooting.
[/quote]Hmmm? Must be getting closer to Easter!!

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1379634" timestamp="1361896465"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109454.msg1379489#msg1379489 date=1361855533]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Are you telling me that BRANDON CHAPPELL could not SHOOT?  :o....I think you are out of your league on this one, nash...WOW... :o

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1379642" timestamp="1361897770"]
Did NOT say Brandon couldnt shoot.  I am telling you that as a junior, Bosha is a better shooter than Brandon was as a junior.  As I said before, I am quite conversant with shooting and you and I are NOT in different "leagues" when it comes to that aspect of the game.
[/quote]
If they BOTH can shoot it, then how did you determine that Bosha was a BETTER shooter? Brandon was a better overall player as a junior, and had the hardware to back that. He was a key part to that state championship team. Do you actually think Bosha was BETTER as a junior? I don't. With that said, I think Bosha has GREAT upside. Length and skill...He has that.

Blue Dove I am not mad at all. Not once did I say that Bosha did not have weaknesses. Lazeek I really dont know what you are talking about but I do know that I am not a bad apple, I am just giving my opinion. I have seen you write some really stupid stuff on this thread so dont judge me. SMH

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Big girl" post="1379655" timestamp="1361899860"]
Blue Dove I am not mad at all. Not once did I say that Bosha did not have weaknesses. Lazeek I really dont know what you are talking about but I do know that I am not a bad apple, I am just giving my opinion. I have seen you write some really stupid stuff on this thread so dont judge me. SMH
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Big girl" post="1379655" timestamp="1361899860"]
[/quote]

I have posted one post on this thread.  And it was far from stupid.

Just saying you are making an ass of yourself!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1379659" timestamp="1361900324"]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=109454.msg1379655#msg1379655 date=1361899860]
[/quote]

I have posted one post on this thread.  And it was far from stupid.

Just saying you are making an ass of yourself!!!!
[/quote]
Some people just GET it, and some don't...I will go out on a limb and say for sure that LAZEEK GETS IT... 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1379648" timestamp="1361899194"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=109454.msg1379642#msg1379642 date=1361897770]
Did NOT say Brandon couldnt shoot.  I am telling you that as a junior, Bosha is a better shooter than Brandon was as a junior.  As I said before, I am quite conversant with shooting and you and I are NOT in different "leagues" when it comes to that aspect of the game.
[/quote]
If they BOTH can shoot it, then how did you determine that Bosha was a BETTER shooter? Brandon was a better overall player as a junior, and had the hardware to back that. He was a key part to that state championship team. Do you actually think Bosha was BETTER as a junior? I don't. With that said, I think Bosha has GREAT upside. Length and skill...He has that.
[/quote]

Having hardware is not a big determinant for what we are discussing.  Though I can't prove it,I would also venture to guess that defenses concentrated on Bosha more than they did on Chapelle.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1379666" timestamp="1361901436"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109454.msg1379648#msg1379648 date=1361899194]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=109454.msg1379642#msg1379642 date=1361897770]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Having hardware is not a big determinant for what we are discussing.  Though I can't prove it,I would also venture to guess that defenses concentrated on Bosha more than they did on Chapelle.
[/quote]
Simply because Chapelle wasn't the go to man Lil Bosha was !!! Chapelle had players around him and Bosha had to do everything once Johnson left... These guys play 2 different positions, can't really compare them.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1379721" timestamp="1361907384"]
I 'm with Michael Jordan on this one...You cannot argue with rings... 8)...No, but seriously, I am saying that Bosha is a really good player that needs to do a few things over the summer to elevate his game if he wants to take it to the next level...Bottom line.
[/quote]

If you are with Jordan, then Bill Russell is the greatest player to ever step on a basketball court.  I am confident that Mr. Bosha will continue to improve.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1379722" timestamp="1361907556"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109454.msg1379721#msg1379721 date=1361907384]
I 'm with Michael Jordan on this one...You cannot argue with rings... 8)...No, but seriously, I am saying that Bosha is a really good player that needs to do a few things over the summer to elevate his game if he wants to take it to the next level...Bottom line.
[/quote]

If you are with Jordan, then Bill Russell is the greatest player to ever step on a basketball court.  I am confident that Mr. Bosha will continue to improve.
[/quote]

Bill Russell had no equal in those days...It was not as difficult to win championships back in Russell's day...Kinda like the UIL PRE-integration... ::) ::)

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1379733" timestamp="1361908558"]
Ok- So now you are changing it from "most rings" to" most rings in recent years"?  Congrats, Robert Horry, as the greatest modern day player.
[/quote]
Nope, he won 7 rings with THREE different teams...and was only a starter with the Rockets (his first 2) while gaining those...Steve Kerr has three also...Does that make him better than Lebron? No...But Kobe being the focal point of all 5....Thats what Jordan was talking about.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder