Silsbee and HJ gets hard road to Regionals

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1379481" timestamp="1361853882"]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=109454.msg1379464#msg1379464 date=1361851011]
LMBO......It is obvious that Blue Dove does not know anything about basketball. I played in college and we were required to run cross country. I even saw a posting where he said that Johnson was the only person on HJ's team that could create his own shot. LOL. Has he ever watched Bosha play? He is the compete package. He can shoot, he can drive, he is a great perimeter defender and he can hit the 3. Either Blue Dove is blind or he has never attended a HJ game. Wow!!!!! ;)
[/quote]
Sorry, but Bosha is not the complete package...Good player, but he has a few areas to improve upon...The fact that he did not lead his team to at LEAST a SECOND place finish IN 3A, tells a tale.  He definitely has the tools, but he needs to work hard this spring and summer....Trust me when I tell you...NOT the COMPLETE package.
[/quote]

Do tell, Dickie.  As an example, tell me what Brandon Chapelle had in his junior year that Mr. Bosha doesnt have?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1379482" timestamp="1361854090"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109454.msg1379481#msg1379481 date=1361853882]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=109454.msg1379464#msg1379464 date=1361851011]
LMBO......It is obvious that Blue Dove does not know anything about basketball. I played in college and we were required to run cross country. I even saw a posting where he said that Johnson was the only person on HJ's team that could create his own shot. LOL. Has he ever watched Bosha play? He is the compete package. He can shoot, he can drive, he is a great perimeter defender and he can hit the 3. Either Blue Dove is blind or he has never attended a HJ game. Wow!!!!! ;)
[/quote]
Sorry, but Bosha is not the complete package...Good player, but he has a few areas to improve upon...The fact that he did not lead his team to at LEAST a SECOND place finish IN 3A, tells a tale.  He definitely has the tools, but he needs to work hard this spring and summer....Trust me when I tell you...NOT the COMPLETE package.
[/quote]

Do tell, Dickie.  As an example, tell me what Brandon Chapelle had in his junior year that Mr. Bosha doesnt have?
[/quote]
As a junior, Brandon Chappell was the sixth man on an undefeated (36-0) Class 4A State Championship team, for starters...He was a better shooter, ball handler and playmaker than Bosha...And a MUCH better defender...NOT that Bosha will not GET there at some point, because he is a good player.  But Bosha was no comparison to Brandon Chappell as a junior...Not close...

What was Brandon's shooting percentage? Free throw percentage? You cant say he was a better shooter if you dont know what Bosha's percentage is. How many steals did he avg per game? In my opinion Zjori is the complete package. Tell me what his flaws are? ( I know he's not perfect). You said that Brandon was a better defender, how many steals did he average? This is the most accurate way to compare two players.

Blue Dove, you said that you have been watching Bosha play since he was a Little Dribbler. I find that hard to believe because he was "creating his own shots at that time". I have noticed that you always try to belittle Bosha. You have been doing this since this forum was created. Are you sure that you are not jealous of him and his skill set? :o

[quote name="Big girl" post="1379518" timestamp="1361885284"]
What was Brandon's shooting percentage? Free throw percentage? You cant say he was a better shooter if you dont know what Bosha's percentage is. How many steals did he avg per game? In my opinion Zjori is the complete package. Tell me what his flaws are? ( I know he's not perfect). You said that Brandon was a better defender, how many steals did he average? This is the most accurate way to compare two players.
[/quote]
Am I the LAST person on this forum to get
this?  Big girl "used to be" cbousha; Zjori's
aunt.  That makes the attitude totally explainable. ::) :-X

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1379529" timestamp="1361886955"]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=109454.msg1379518#msg1379518 date=1361885284]
[/quote]
Am I the LAST person on this forum to get
this?  Big girl "used to be" cbousha; Zjori's
aunt.  That makes the attitude totally explainable. ::) :-X
[/quote]Nope, you are not the only one ;)

[quote name="Big girl" post="1379520" timestamp="1361885464"]
Blue Dove, you said that you have been watching Bosha play since he was a Little Dribbler. I find that hard to believe because he was "creating his own shots at that time". I have noticed that you always try to belittle Bosha. You have been doing this since this forum was created. Are you sure that you are not jealous of him and his skill set? :o
[/quote]Big Girl, that was only "friendly"  pre-district competition back in the day. Bosha is a very good player. I repeat, a very good player. But I also know a player should never stop working on his game. Obviously Bosha has improved his dribbling and creation off the ball. He always could shoot. BUT!!!! I don't base success on what a player does NOW!!!!! If a player has any ambition of playing the next level, you see what they have now to see if those skills can improve  and  transfer to the next level. I hope you're not one of these peeps who judge a kid's talent by the competition in these whack-azz weak district games you watch.

Big girl, I suggest you get out of S.E.Texas and travel to see some real competition. When you get back, I guarantee you will preaching to your "kin" to hit the gym EVERYDAY!!!

Disclaimer: If I have offended anyone or touched a nerve-too bad  ;D
Disclaimer #2: Most of yall know me when yall see me- I have no problem discussing any issues in person  ;)

[quote name="Big girl" post="1379541" timestamp="1361889214"]
LMBO....Whatsoever would make you think that? I am a relative but I am not his aunt. His aunt would definitely not deny it, because of her personality.
[/quote] who cars if she's related or not? either her comments are sound and reality-based or they aren't.

[quote name="Big girl" post="1379518" timestamp="1361885284"]
[/quote]
Lady, let me explain something to you...I coached Brandon at Ozen, and I have evaluated Bosha this year and last..Chappell is CLEARLY the better player AS A JUNIOR..Thats not to say that Bosha will not or can not reach his potential, because in my estimation, he HAS some upside..He is long, he can shoot it, and is fairly athletic...I like his handle, but he can work on getting it a bit tighter over the summer.  Is he a "lock down" defender? No, but he can keep smaller guards in front of him, which is a good thing....He CAN play on the next level, my only statement was that he WAS NOT the complete package RIGHT NOW...Can he get there? Thats up to him.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1379581" timestamp="1361891873"]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=109454.msg1379572#msg1379572 date=1361891342]
Bosha is the real deal even the Yates coach said so. Do you think that your kids are better Blue Dove? ;)
[/quote]Big Girl, my kids are not in competition with your kid.  ;)
[/quote]
ESPECIALLY not now...Aren't the Little Doves STILL in playoffs? ::) ::) ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1379557" timestamp="1361890705"]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=109454.msg1379520#msg1379520 date=1361885464]
[/quote]Big Girl, that was only "friendly"  pre-district competition back in the day. Bosha is a very good player. I repeat, a very good player. But I also know a player should never stop working on his game. Obviously Bosha has improved his dribbling and creation off the ball. He always could shoot. BUT!!!! I don't base success on what a player does NOW!!!!! If a player has any ambition of playing the next level, you see what they have now to see if those skills can improve  and  transfer to the next level. I hope you're not one of these peeps who judge a kid's talent by the competition in these whack-azz weak district games you watch.

Big girl, I suggest you get out of S.E.Texas and travel to see some real competition. When you get back, I guarantee you will preaching to your "kin" to hit the gym EVERYDAY!!!

Disclaimer #2: Most of yall know me when yall see me- I have no problem discussing any issues in person  ;)
[/quote]

:P @ disclaimers.....

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1379584" timestamp="1361891952"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=109454.msg1379581#msg1379581 date=1361891873]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=109454.msg1379572#msg1379572 date=1361891342]
Bosha is the real deal even the Yates coach said so. Do you think that your kids are better Blue Dove? ;)
[/quote]Big Girl, my kids are not in competition with your kid.  ;)
[/quote]
ESPECIALLY not now...Aren't the Little Doves STILL in playoffs? ::) ::) ;D
[/quote] ;)

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1379587" timestamp="1361892160"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=109454.msg1379557#msg1379557 date=1361890705]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=109454.msg1379520#msg1379520 date=1361885464]

[/quote]

:P @ disclaimers.....
[/quote] I gotta protect myself against legal action  ;D

Wow, people seem to be a little touchy. I dont live in SE tx, I live in Dallas and I have seen alot of kids play. Would the "little doves" still be playing if they had to face Yates? If your kids are not in competition with Bosha why are you always talking bad about him. I could say a few things about your kids but I won't. Isnt one of them only 5'5? Dick Vitale I need stats. You telling me that someone is better does not cut it for me. I need statistical data. There is no need to get so upset. It is not good for your body. Stay calm and cool. 8)

[quote name="Big girl" post="1379599" timestamp="1361893075"]
[b]Wow, people seem to be a little touchy[/b]. I dont live in SE tx, I live in Dallas and I have seen alot of kids play. Would the "little doves" still be playing if they had to face Yates? If your kids are not in competition with Bosha why are you always talking bad about him. I could say a few things about your kids but I won't. Isnt one of them only 5'5? Dick Vitale I need stats. You telling me that someone is better does not cut it for me. I need statistical data. There is no need to get so upset. It is not good for your body. Stay calm and cool. 8)
[/quote]nope. people here are OPINIONATED. Like me. Like you. Keep it straight....like what city you live in.  :-)

[quote name="Big girl" post="1379599" timestamp="1361893075"]
Wow, people seem to be a little touchy. I dont live in SE tx, I live in Dallas and I have seen alot of kids play. Would the "little doves" still be playing if they had to face Yates? If your kids are not in competition with Bosha why are you always talking bad about him. I could say a few things about your kids but I won't. Isnt one of them only 5'5? Dick Vitale I need stats. You telling me that someone is better does not cut it for me. I need statistical data. There is no need to get so upset. It is not good for your body. Stay calm and cool. 8)
[/quote]
You don't NEED statistical data to evaluate players.. ::)..Its OK...You don't have to believe me....I only have the ability to provide TUITION, ROOM, BOARD & BOOKS for him after next year....thats all...  ;)

[quote name="Big girl" post="1379601" timestamp="1361893171"]
I live in Houston, I once lived in Dallas. I meant to say that I have lived in Dallas and have seen alot of kids play
[/quote]Okay, let me break this down to you for you to understand what I am saying. Especially since we see your 'real" reason for[s] promoting [/s]your kin. Go watch or play against real D1 talent. It will give you an idea what you as a player, handler, promoter, wannabe-coach, or interested relative will need to see what weaknesses your kin will need to work on. You won't see it here in district play. I can't think of one kid in this area 6'4" or taller who would be able to create from the wing playing against the top elite summer teams. Keep bragging about what these kids do in these watered down district games. Its a whole "nother" big league out there that obviously you have no clue about.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1379605" timestamp="1361893933"]
[quote author=Big girl link=topic=109454.msg1379599#msg1379599 date=1361893075]
[/quote]
You don't NEED statistical data to evaluate players.. ::)..Its OK...You don't have to believe me....I only have the ability to provide TUITION, ROOM, BOARD & BOOKS for him after next year....thats all...  ;)
[/quote]Ouch!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• BH vs Fulshear 5/2 @ 6:30. Humble High School. I guess this is a one gamer , but UIL site shows 3 games  🤷‍♂️ 
    • 19-4A/20-4A W19 Bridge City Vs. F20 Liberty  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Lamar University, 7:30 PM Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Liberty, 7:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Bridge City, 2:00 PM (If Needed)   R19 Vidor Vs. T20 Hardin-Jefferson  One Game: Thursday, May 2 @ Vidor, 7:00 PM   R20 Livingston  Vs. T19 Little Cypress-Mauriceville  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Anahuac, 7:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Anahuac, 7:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Anahuac, 2:00 PM   W20 Huffman Hargrave Vs. F19 Silsbee  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Baytown Sterling, 7:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ West Orange Stark, 7:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Anahuac, 5:00 PM (If Needed)  
    • 17-5A W17 Barbers Hill Vs. F18 Angleton  Game 1: Wednesday, May 1 @ Angleton, 7:00 Game 2: Thursday, May 2 @ Barbers Hill, 7:00 Game 3: Friday, May 3 @ Barbers Hill, 7:00 (if necessary)    R17 PNG Vs. T18 La Porte  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ La Porte, 7:00 Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ PNG, 7:00 Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ TBD, TBD   R18 Friendswood  Vs. T17 Nederland  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Goose Creek Memorial, 6:30 Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Goose Creek Memorial, 6:30 Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ Goose Creek Memorial, 12:00 (if necessary)    W18 Santa Fe Vs. F17 Crosby  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Crosby, 7:00 Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Santa Fe, 7:00 Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ TBD, 1:00 (if necessary)   
    • 21-6A W21 Kingwood  Vs. F22 Pasadena Memorial  Game 1: Wednesday, May 1 @ Maguire Field (Pasadena), 4:00 PM Game 2: Thursday, May 2 @ Kingwood, 7:00 PM Game 3: Friday, May 3 @ Humble HS (If Needed)   R21 Atascocita Vs. T22 Channelview  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Channelview, 7:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Atasocita, 7:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ TBD, 11:00 AM (If    R22 Pasadena Dobie Vs. T21 Summer Creek  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Summer Creek, 7:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ Maguire Field (Pasadena), 4:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ CE King, 12:00 PM (If Needed)   W22 Deer Park Vs. F21 Galena Park North Shore  Game 1: Thursday, May 2 @ Deer Park, 7:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 3 @ North Shore, 7:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 4 @ North Shore, 2:00 PM (If Needed    
    • According to its findings, voter fraud, especially fraud related to mail-in ballots, may have been common in the 2020 election. This conclusion isn’t based on questionable allegations but on voters’ own responses to the poll questions. This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up @CardinalBacker   Hummmm...
  • Topics