On National Signing Day, for better or for worse

Octfeb

http://www.texasfootball.com/recruiting-news/view/180315

Dayton K/P Juan Carranco, Lamar
Look, I know what you’re thinking: It’s just a kicker. But A) strong special teams are often hard to come by at the college level, and B) it really, really matters. Most recruiting gurus will admit that the kicker class in Texas was relatively thin, but Lamar snagged one of the best in the state in Carranco. He’s second all-time in career field goals with 42, and earned back-to-back trips to the All-State team. Plain and simple: every team needs a kicker, and Lamar got one of the best in the state in Carranco. And don’t forget about other guys like Longview RB Tory White, Kingwood RB Kade Harrington or John Tyler LB Richard Gipson; the Cardinals made a strong Signing Day push.

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1372521" timestamp="1360591770"]

Look, I know what you’re thinking: It’s just a kicker. But A) strong special teams are often hard to come by at the college level, and B) it really, really matters. Most recruiting gurus will admit that the kicker class in Texas was relatively thin, but Lamar snagged one of the best in the state in Carranco. He’s second all-time in career field goals with 42, and earned back-to-back trips to the All-State team. Plain and simple: every team needs a kicker, and Lamar got one of the best in the state in Carranco. And don’t forget about other guys like Longview RB Tory White, Kingwood RB Kade Harrington or John Tyler LB Richard Gipson; the Cardinals made a strong Signing Day push.
[/quote]
I'm a Lamar Alumunus and I believe we got a steal in Carranco.  I really thought that Texas A & M would be going after Carranco
because their kicking game is a little suspect.  Don't know what that problem was - maybe grades - again, I don't know but I welcome the young man to Lamar. 8)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1372565" timestamp="1360602728"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=109157.msg1372521#msg1372521 date=1360591770]

[/quote]
I'm a Lamar Alumunus and I believe we got a steal in Carranco.  I really thought that Texas A & M would be going after Carranco
because their kicking game is a little suspect.  Don't know what that problem was - maybe grades - again, I don't know but I welcome the young man to Lamar. 8)
[/quote] Not grades at all.. He is a good student.. He is very well mannered. He is a great kid.. Lamar did get a steal

BTW Carranco is around 5'10 175# and I don't see your point,let the records he made speak for itself.Kids gonna shatter all kick records that Lamar ever had in a short period of time.Best I've ever seen @high school level + I've never seen a college kicker put the kickoff thru the uprights.JC has a few times ;)

I sense some bitterness in you Matt. Could it be you are just a bit jealous? Are you a kid who didn't scouted? Or maybe your a dad, thats mad cause Johnny didn't get to play. He was to busy keeping the bench warm. You for sure haven't met Juan. He is at least 5'10". And as for Markain, only him and time will tell whether he decides to utilize his talent wisely.

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1373482" timestamp="1360758590"]
I since some bitterness in you Matt. Could it be you are just a bit jealous? Are you a kid who didn't scouted? Or maybe your a dad, thats mad cause Johnny didn't get to play. He was to busy keeping the bench warm. You for sure haven't met Juan. He is at least 5'10". And as for Markain, only him and time will tell whether he decides to utilize his talent wisely.
[/quote]

matt has clearly lost site of the big picture.... These kids have a chance to get a free/discounted education. Instead, he only posts when he's got something negative to say. He's definitely never met Juan or hasn't since he was a freshman.... As far as Markain..... he gets a clean slate. We only get so many of those... A degree from that "unheard of" university would change his life. I hope he'll seize the day. He's a very good athlete.

Markain is a very good athlete no doubt about it. He has an opportunity to get the rest of it lined out. I hope he does but if not he will have a long and very hard road ahead of him.  As for Juan Lamar got a steal but the fact is that Lamar football has been going backwards and is in serious trouble.

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1373516" timestamp="1360763382"]
Markain is a very good athlete no doubt about it. He has an opportunity to get the rest of it lined out. I hope he does but if not he will have a long and very hard road ahead of him.  As for Juan Lamar got a steal but the fact is that Lamar football has been going backwards and is in serious trouble.
[/quote]
Thanks for your SUPPORT of Lamar football,
<>-J.  Statements like yours really help the program.  Let's hope that Juan gets a lot of FG and EP kicking attempts! 8)

Didn't Lamar football just start back up again only a few years ago?I'm hoping the Cardinals better success cause now they have a kid that can pin opponents in poor field position and make points from 50 yds out ;)As for Marcain the speed/talent is there,just got to clear his big head for a free college education ;)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1373547" timestamp="1360767341"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=109157.msg1373516#msg1373516 date=1360763382]
[/quote]
Thanks for your SUPPORT of Lamar football,
<>-J.  Statements like yours really help the program.  Let's hope that Juan gets a lot of FG and EP kicking attempts! 8)
[/quote]I did not realize that my role is to support Lamar football------------just calling like I see it. If that is what you want me to do then ............Lamar is on the upswing, they will be an FBS school in a year or two and will challenge for the National Championship by 2016............feel better now?

It's the truth that the program is going backwards. I don't understand the recruiting process there are several kids that leave this area to play at better college without a Lamar offer. Patrick Redd QB from Silsbee should already have a offer. Yes i know that Johnson went there from Silsbee and had no success. LU needs to jump on the hometown talent build a relationship and hopefully that can sway some locals to stay home and play for Big Red.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin