Evadale at Lumberton Playoff Warmup

Evadale will be playing at Lumberton Friday the 8th at 5 for a playoff warmup. 1A Evadale (29-3) finished up their season with the first place seed and an undefeated district record while 4A Lumberton (19-12 I think) finished fourth with a 6-8 record in district play. Should be a good game to watch.

Although most will say these warm-up games mean nothing, I think they can be a huge swing mentally going into the playoff game depending on how you play in this game.

So, even though the game means nothing...I have seen both teams and played both teams and I expect Lumberton to win even though Evadale sports a much better record.

In my opinion this will be a great game for both teams. For Evadale they will be playing a fast team that can defend well so this will help them get ready for the caliber of teams they will be meeting in the playoffs while for Lumberton this has potential to be a big confidence booster going into the playoffs on a good run.

And Chocky; you do risk injury with these games but it does a team good to go ahead and play to keep a rhythm going. At this point Lumberton is pretty healthy overall. I don't know about Evadale but I would assume they are too. That would be the only reason I would see to not play a warmup game.

[quote name="Slam14" post="1370918" timestamp="1360246044"]

Although most will say these warm-up games mean nothing, I think they can be a huge swing mentally going into the playoff game depending on how you play in this game.

So, even though the game means nothing...I have seen both teams and played both teams and I expect Lumberton to win even though Evadale sports a much better record.
[/quote]

sometimes what you expect isnt what you always get. ;)
48-38 Evadale Final (30-3)

At least they played. Not hide unless they can find a team they are sure they could beat. ... and don't come back with injury talk... you can get hurt walking to your car.
They are probably not going to beat barbers hill ( longshot) at best - but give them credit for playing and competing. That's really what its all about anyway. I doubt the outcome of bi district will be influenced by this game - for either team.

[quote name="kenneth1617" post="1371808" timestamp="1360378444"]
lumberton had nothing to gain  why play??
[/quote]
Staying in season schedule, playing Tues.and Fri. Having a bye is not always helpful. Even a 6 day layoff is not good, but a 1A playing a 4A only says both are good programs and neither afraid to play each other. A lot of these kids play together in summer so it was tougher game than you think. We appreciate Lumberton for playing and wish them good luck in playoffs.
and you need to get over the Evadale blemish on your record 20 other teams have.  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="94feet" post="1371772" timestamp="1360375565"]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=109027.msg1370918#msg1370918 date=1360246044]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Congrats to Evadale! 
94feet, You obviously took offense to my expectation of a Lumberton win, but I still stand behind my opinions even AFTER the Evadale win. 
My thoughts are absolutely in no way meant to downplay the efforts, skills, or accomplishments of the Lady Rebels...I just can't figure out the Raiders.  I am not a Lumberton follower, but am still baffeled at how L-town can sport one of the most successful little dribblers programs, dominate the junior high scene, and then fizzle at the varsity level.  Many point at the coaching, but I'm not sure and just can't put my finger on it. 

not offended at all. when you live in the 1A world you cant be offended. I was just having fun with my buna friends.
There are some 1A Div.II teams that are plenty dangerous. Neches for years was a powerhouse now they have moved to Div 1 1A and a little school by the name of Saltillo that has beaten 2A and 3A all season long and have a win over Pittsburg and a 2 pt. loss to Winnsboro are 1A Div II, so there are plenty of little schools who are tough and Evadale  has a reputation of always being in shape and play great defense. No shame for any school to lose to them.
I think Lumberton struggles a little with teams that have size inside. They are quick and athletic but they dont have any space eaters inside and in 4A you have to have at least one. Most of the time Evadale held them to one shot and rebounded well. To be honest I think Lumberton altered a lot of shots inside just  because of Evadales size.
They still managed to make a game of it with their quickness. Some just think because you lose to 1A there is something wrong. If thats the case there are about 20 teams of 2A,3A and a couple of 4A wondering that very thing. Sometimes just not your nite.  Good luck to everyone on the playoff trail.............

[quote name="Slam14" post="1372139" timestamp="1360450353"]
[quote author=94feet link=topic=109027.msg1371772#msg1371772 date=1360375565]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Congrats to Evadale! 
94feet, You obviously took offense to my expectation of a Lumberton win, but I still stand behind my opinions even AFTER the Evadale win. 
My thoughts are absolutely in no way meant to downplay the efforts, skills, or accomplishments of the Lady Rebels...I just can't figure out the Raiders.  I am not a Lumberton follower,[b] [color=green]but am still baffeled at how L-town can sport one of the most successful little dribblers programs, dominate the junior high scene, and then fizzle at the varsity level.  Many point at the coaching, but I'm not sure and just can't put my finger on it.  [/b] [/quote][/color]

Slam,

I'm still baffled too  ;D It is no secret. Lumberton has not had the same coach for more than two years in row for the last five years. As a result, there is no "program" to speak of like you see at schools where there have been long tenured coaches. Coaches that implement their coaching philosophy at the jr high level. While Lumerton has squeeked out the fourth spot in an eight team district  ;D for the second year in a row, there is much improvement to made. You may have noticed comments on this site thoughout the season that go something like this..."I don't what kind of offense Lumberton was running" "It looked like a bunch of individuals out there" "Not a team" "No half time adjustments" and so on. Comments made by others, not me. I don't usually have negative things to say on here and I hope this is taken in the light that is a forum to post opinions. We are fortunate to have some talented girls that basically take the game on their shoulders. Our coach is content to set on the bench during the entire practice sipping on a fountain drink while the teams runs through a series of drills. Not good in my opinion  ;)

[quote name="LR2014" post="1373134" timestamp="1360705436"]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=109027.msg1372139#msg1372139 date=1360450353]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Congrats to Evadale! 
My thoughts are absolutely in no way meant to downplay the efforts, skills, or accomplishments of the Lady Rebels...I just can't figure out the Raiders.  I am not a Lumberton follower,[b] [color=green]but am still baffeled at how L-town can sport one of the most successful little dribblers programs, dominate the junior high scene, and then fizzle at the varsity level.  Many point at the coaching, but I'm not sure and just can't put my finger on it.  [/b] [/quote][/color]

Slam,

I'm still baffled too  ;D It is no secret. Lumberton has not had the same coach for more than two years in row for the last five years. As a result, there is no "program" to speak of like you see at schools where there have been long tenured coaches. Coaches that implement their coaching philosophy at the jr high level. While Lumerton has squeeked out the fourth spot in an eight team district  ;D for the second year in a row, there is much improvement to made. You may have noticed comments on this site thoughout the season that go something like this..."I don't what kind of offense Lumberton was running" "It looked like a bunch of individuals out there" "Not a team" "No half time adjustments" and so on. Comments made by others, not me. I don't usually have negative things to say on here and I hope this is taken in the light that is a forum to post opinions. We are fortunate to have some talented girls that basically take the game on their shoulders. Our coach is content to set on the bench during the entire practice sipping on a fountain drink while the teams runs through a series of drills. Not good in my opinion  ;)
[/quote][quote author=LR2014 link=topic=109027.msg1373134#msg1373134 date=1360705436]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=109027.msg1372139#msg1372139 date=1360450353]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Congrats to Evadale! 

Slam,

[/quote] Can't argue with your points.
As an outsider I watch Lumberton and say "That team is pretty good." and on the inside I say "That team COULD be REALLY good!".
Good luck tonight.  About to head to the game to check them out for myself.

I saw them early in year at Nederland ty and they looked like world beaters. Then I saw them in Silsbee Ty and said what the heck happened to them. After watching them play Evadale I think they are a team that is athletic but just has not improved from start to finish. They are really jekyl and hide.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder