How will your district finish in 2013?

1.Nederland (The Scalp'en is coming, but not this year)
2.PN-G (We deserve it after last year)
3.Central (New Coach + Talent= Beware)
4.Vidor (Don't think they will ever go back to being a doormat)

LCM, Ozen, & Livingston (Playoff fate will be decided by others)
Lumberton (Is this program ever coming back)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the outside looking in, it appears that Dayton has some serious internal issues. I'm not completely convinced that the coaching staff is all on the same page. I do know that they do not get the best out of the athletes they have. Now with that being said, they will still be playing for a District Championship and an undefeated regular season when they tee it up against Summer Creek in the last game of the season. However, the real question is will they be one and done again? Can they make a run in the playoffs the way the coaching staff is now constituted?

In 20-4A I truly believe you can take Nederland and Central at the top as a given. However, the next two playoff spots are totally up for grabs. PNG and Livingston tied for the JV District championship and both played some young kids on Varsity last year. LCM returns some good players and has some talent at the lower levels. Vidor will struggle to replace Quirante and a number of other graduates. Ozen always has the talent to be in the mix. Lumberton will continue to struggle.

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1368924" timestamp="1359743455"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=108809.msg1368920#msg1368920 date=1359742151]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=108809.msg1368915#msg1368915 date=1359740470]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=108809.msg1368846#msg1368846 date=1359734976]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=108809.msg1368802#msg1368802 date=1359724887]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=108809.msg1368707#msg1368707 date=1359677185]
My prediction for 19-4a is:

Champ: Summer Creek

#2: Crosby

#3: Barbers Hill

#4: Dayton

#5: C.E. King

#6: Kingwood Park

#7: Porter

#8: Humble

#9: New Caney
[/quote]

Looks about right to me
[/quote]
No one disagreeing from dayton??
[/quote] Yes me.. No way Dayton comes in #4.... Summer Creek may be champs again.. But its gonna play out like it did this past season... Coming down to the two undefeated. Dayton and Summer Creek
[/quote]
If dayton plans on being undefeated when we play, that game better be early in the season ;)
[/quote] I am pretty sure the schedule stays the same... So the last game of district play... both teams come in undefeated... Hopefully the outcome will be different... But somehow I don't see that happening, but I can be hopeful  :D
[/quote]
Last year you were certain, this year hopeful ;D  Least your honest..

[quote name="NDNation" post="1368935" timestamp="1359746189"]
[b]2.PN-G (We deserve it after last year)[/b]

[/quote]

No disrespect NDN but deserving something and earning something are 2 diffrerent things.

Don't see NDNS as 2nd team in district...too many questions about defense and young offense.  Cause you know scoring 50 pts doesn't matter if you can't hold the other team from scoring more. 

Ndns will hopefully make improvements this year.....wildcard to make playoffs IMO.

Do see Central making strides if right coach comes in.

Dogs on top again. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1368970" timestamp="1359752218"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=108809.msg1368935#msg1368935 date=1359746189]
[b]2.PN-G (We deserve it after last year)[/b]

[/quote]

No disrespect NDN but deserving something and earning something are 2 diffrerent things.

Don't see NDNS as 2nd team in district...too many questions about defense and young offense.  Cause you know scoring 50 pts doesn't matter if you can't hold the other team from scoring more. 

Ndns will hopefully make improvements this year.....wildcard to make playoffs IMO.

Do see Central making strides if right coach comes in.

Dogs on top again. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
[/quote]

No disrespect taken...and I was joking and being optimistic. It can't get much worse...the only way to go is up.

1. Newton
2. Kirbyville
3. Woodville
4. East Chambers
5. Anahuac
6. Kountze
7. Warren
8. Hardin

2,3,4, and 5 will be competitive. But the top spot and bottom two I'm afraid are solid bets.

Newton- Dominant as always. Possibly better than last year.

Kirbyville- Will be much improved from last years team.

Woodville- Alot of incoming and developing talent and healthy starters.

EC- I feel, will fall off quite a bit.

Anahuac- Lost a lot of talent, but will rebuild.

Kountze- Very athletic, but not enough football IQ among players YET.

Warren- Losing a lot of talent, but retaining some. Mediocre season.

Hardin- I don't see much support or will to change coming from this program. That combination never equals wins.

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1368926" timestamp="1359743605"]
oh and no way C.E.King comes in ahead of Kingwood Park
[/quote]
I dont know, I kind of like what I see coming back for King next season. Plus, I'm just not sure about K-Park. I dont think they will be a playoff contender again until 2014.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1368713" timestamp="1359677958"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=108809.msg1368702#msg1368702 date=1359676274]
for 21-5A I got:

1. Deer Park

2. Channelview

3. Sterling

4. PAM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. La Porte

6. West Brook

7. North Shore

:P
[/quote] ^^^ thats a joke btw.

my prediction is

1. PAM

2. LP

3. NS

4. Channelview

5. Deer Park

6. WB

7. Sterling
[/quote]DP, NS, & LP have returning QB's. NS & LP return proven RB's. NS & LP return typically sound D's. NS, DP, LP, PAM, WB, CV, BS. It will take LP some time to gel. They also travel to GPISD & Abshier in 2013. DP and NS owe LP. Both have LP at their home stadiums. This may be the year. PAM & WB are at Bulldog Stadium. Wouldn't be surprised at multiple tiebreakers. All said with very little insight into WB at this time. Quiet in BISD...

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1368846" timestamp="1359734976"]

[/quote]

Looks about right to me
[/quote]
[/quote]

They don't care about district, they are going to win state again this year......uh.....um..... ;D

1. Nederland - don't see them being knocked off the top

2. Central - before the coaches lost there brains central was a powerhouse football team and if BISD pulls a good one then they should return back to the top

3. Vidor - should see a lot of young kids getting serious playing time from freshman level. Freshman tied for dc (I think) so we have talent on that level. I think it will show next year. That plus the kids finally believe in the program helps a lot. I have them tied for fourth.

4. PNG - solid program who rarely has two down years in a row plus have serious talent on freshman team but unless faircloth focuses on defense a lot I see them being an offensive team and that's gonna be hard to our score offenses like central Nederland and vidor.

Ozen
Livingston
Lcm
Lumberton

8)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1369387" timestamp="1359844022"]

2. Central - before the coaches lost there brains central was a powerhouse football team and if BISD pulls a good one then they should return back to the top

3. Vidor - should see a lot of young kids getting serious playing time from freshman level. Freshman tied for dc (I think) so we have talent on that level. I think it will show next year. That plus the kids finally believe in the program helps a lot. I have them tied for fourth.

4. PNG - solid program who rarely has two down years in a row plus have serious talent on freshman team but unless faircloth focuses on defense a lot I see them being an offensive team and that's gonna be hard to our score offenses like central Nederland and vidor.

Ozen
Livingston
Lcm
Lumberton

8)
[/quote]

PNG freshmen won dc...undefeated...no tie.  ;)

[quote name="aschom78" post="1369101" timestamp="1359769183"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=108809.msg1368926#msg1368926 date=1359743605]
oh and no way C.E.King comes in ahead of Kingwood Park
[/quote]
I dont know, I kind of like what I see coming back for King next season. Plus, I'm just not sure about K-Park. I dont think they will be a playoff contender again until 2014.
[/quote] I dunno.. I would LOVE to see King do something.. Being I am from there  ;)  They have a GREAT Basketball team.... Someone told me just the other day.. He sees King being a basketball school. Not so much Football. Gonna take alot of time for Price to get anything going...

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1369386" timestamp="1359843445"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=108809.msg1368846#msg1368846 date=1359734976]

[/quote]

Looks about right to me
[/quote]
[/quote]

They don't care about district, they are going to win state again this year......uh.....um..... ;D
[/quote] Just like BH was gonna beat Dayton again last season uh.....um.....

[quote name="png1977" post="1369389" timestamp="1359844778"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=108809.msg1369387#msg1369387 date=1359844022]

Ozen
Livingston
Lcm
Lumberton

8)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nederland's Sophomores were not even tested, and Juniors won dc as well (I think). So the Juniors and Seniors of next year will be able to handle PNG's current freshman when it comes head to head.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1369410" timestamp="1359851347"]
[quote author=png1977 link=topic=108809.msg1369389#msg1369389 date=1359844778]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=108809.msg1369387#msg1369387 date=1359844022]

Ozen
Livingston
Lcm
Lumberton

8)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nederland's Sophomores were not even tested, and Juniors won dc as well (I think). So the Juniors and Seniors of next year will be able to handle PNG's current freshman when it comes head to head.
[/quote]

My comment was about the part where he said Vidor freshmen tied for dc...didn't say anything about Nederland.

[quote name="png1977" post="1369389" timestamp="1359844778"]

Ozen
Livingston
Lcm
Lumberton

8)
[/quote]

[/quote]
Like I said I think lol. Thanks for the correction lol.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1369426" timestamp="1359854504"]
[quote author=png1977 link=topic=108809.msg1369389#msg1369389 date=1359844778]

Ozen
Livingston
Lcm
Lumberton

8)
[/quote]

[/quote]
Like I said I think lol. Thanks for the correction lol.
[/quote]

lol...no problem!

Png's biggest obstacle next season is scoring in the face of the defenses in the  district.

Ned, Vidor, Central, and Livingston defenses could really be tough, even if offense improvements are made for NDNs.  Don't hear much about a running attack for Png and that could spell problems for the offense (as one-dimensional), even though FC is an offensive mind.

Livingston will make huge improvements next season and if Png doesn't pull out the stops on D, then I really don't see Png making the 4th spot.

LCM could be interesting to watch. 

20-4A is always good.

And, as last year, the season will be bright for the Dogs ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Go Dogs!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1369486" timestamp="1359867591"]
Maybe y'all are remembering something I'm not but I just can't see how y'all are picking Livingston to do anything without chevoski. I just don't see it.
[/quote] They always have some new star player (s) when the current one (s) graduates. Livingston will be fine.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1369486" timestamp="1359867591"]
Maybe y'all are remembering something I'm not but I just can't see how y'all are picking Livingston to do anything without chevoski. I just don't see it.
[/quote]

Same thing could be said about Vidor and Quirante. Montana was the heart and soul of Vidor on offense and defense.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho