WS #4 @ Broaddus #5 on SETXSPORTS Dist.23A Div1 01/18/13

CATMAN

In San Augustine's 3 losses at full strength, they have given up 72, 78 and 81 pts.  That seems to be your best bet to beat San Augustine is to outgun them.  That doesn't bode we'll for teams with a lack of depth.  Because when your guys start getting a step slower, SA is running in fresh legs.  I heard from someone at the game that Broaddus did a good job against West Sabine on the boards, and that is something else that could hurt the Tigers.  San Augustine rebounds the ball very well, especially on the offensive end.  And for a team that thrives in their pressure defense, giving them extra opportunities to score and set it up doesn't bode we'll either. 

San Augustine has seen and beat just about every look so far this season.  Teams had tried to run with them and failed.  Teams have tried to slow them down and failed.  I don't mean this as a negative against any team, but in all reality San Augustine's play, and not anyone else's is going to determine the outcome of the game.

[quote name="tigerheart" post="1365281" timestamp="1358654611"]
In San Augustine's 3 losses at full strength, they have given up 72, 78 and 81 pts.  That seems to be your best bet to beat San Augustine is to outgun them.  That doesn't bode we'll for teams with a lack of depth.  Because when your guys start getting a step slower, SA is running in fresh legs.  I heard from someone at the game that Broaddus did a good job against West Sabine on the boards, and that is something else that could hurt the Tigers.  San Augustine rebounds the ball very well, especially on the offensive end.  And for a team that thrives in their pressure defense, giving them extra opportunities to score and set it up doesn't bode we'll either. 

San Augustine has seen and beat just about every look so far this season.  Teams had tried to run with them and failed.  Teams have tried to slow them down and failed.  I don't mean this as a negative against any team, but in all reality San Augustine's play, and not anyone else's is going to determine the outcome of the game.
[/quote] Is that how BS beat SA out gun them.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1365284" timestamp="1358655202"]
Is that how BS beat SA out gun them.
[/quote]

Absolutely.  Don't remember his #, but one kid from Big Sandy scored like 30 points, mainly from the 3 pt line.  I was impressed with him.  They scored the most points SA has given up all year.  I thought San Augustine had a chance to win, but Big Sandy hit the big shots and SA didn't. Plain and simple.  Scoring 78 would've been enough for SA any other game but it wasn't that night.  That's outgunning to me.

[quote name="tigerheart" post="1365294" timestamp="1358656928"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=108319.msg1365284#msg1365284 date=1358655202]
Is that how BS beat SA out gun them.
[/quote]

Absolutely.  Don't remember his #, but one kid from Big Sandy scored like 30 points, mainly from the 3 pt line.  I was impressed with him.  They scored the most points SA has given up all year.  I thought San Augustine had a chance to win, but Big Sandy hit the big shots and SA didn't. Plain and simple.  Scoring 78 would've been enough for SA any other game but it wasn't that night.  That's outgunning to me.
[/quote] That kid that had 30 is a junior .                                   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder