8. Mike Zeno
9. Hadnot from brook
10. Paige from WOS
11. Chril Elam
13. Jordan Holmes
14 Dorian Chatman
Let me know what yaul think.
[/quote]

All these guys have great potential, but like Nash brought to my attention to me in another post we were talking on, SIZE will play a big factor in some of these kids playing d1 ball and Dove hit it right on the head with academics.

All you need to do is look back at players from thre past and see how many of them played D-1 ball from SE TX. I believe your list will dwindle considerably. Many of the past players were better than most on this list and they didn't play D-1 ball. There is a lot of great talent all over the country. You need great BB skills, size, speed, grades, exposure and a LOT OF LUCK to be selected to play D-1 ball. Good luck to all those who put in the time to get there. 

IMO, size is everything.  You ave a really good player standing 5'11".  You have another player at 6'8" that can do the SAME THING and I'll guarantee you the D-1 college will go after the taller kid.  They don't want to say this, but this is true since you can NEVER teach height...

Weisbrod...is not D1 talent sorry
I like watching him play and he's a good high school player, he has a post mentallity with guard size.....that doesn't translate to D1 unless he can play guard on that level and IMO he doesn't have the skill set to do that.  He could get a look just based on Coach English's connections

Jordan Hunter has potential....he has basketball IQ along with basketball talent....his size is his down side, but he plays guard so that doesn't play as much of a factor as does the size of a big man.  It all comes down to can he defend a bigger guard.

Jared Hunter....possibly D1 potential but not likely....his size hurts him.  For someone his size he has to be LEGIT in order to play D1.  I had a college teammate that was his size so im not saying its not possible, but the percentages are against him.

Pearson has potential...but he really needs to put in more footwork and quickness training along with handling the ball.  He's still young so he may grow more, but if he doesn't he'll be a guard or possibly small forward on the next level.  The experience he is getting this young will help with confidence.
He seems very hungry, at thats a good quality

the others i haven't seen play enough

what u people dont understand is that the kids from this area that r playing basketball on major aau teams, r the ones that will get the d1 scholarships.  all the others highly unlikely.  the reason being is that they get the opportunity to participate n camps and clinics, with real basketball people, that the others dont.  that being said, some of u pundits that think u know who is better than who really r not seeing the whole picture.  im not saying that there wont be other kids that  get scholarships, but these kids barring major injury r a lock. 
Jodan Hunter
Jared Hunter
E'Torrion Wilridge
Dorian Chatman
Nigel Pearson

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1361590" timestamp="1357580374"]
Zach has potential, but he better hit the weights and start doing more ball handling skills when basketball season is over...... 
[/quote]I've been preaching the same thing about the weight room. Basketball has become more physical than finesse.
His ball handling skills are as good as anyone in our area. He played point last year, but is playing the '2' this year. He doesn't have the explosiveness to play PG at a D1 school, IMO.

He's a shooter though, and that's why he's getting a lot of looks. He's aggressive on offense, but he need to step up his defensive aggression. If he were better physically developed, that would definitely help.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1361580" timestamp="1357578756"]
IMO, size is everything.  You ave a really good player standing 5'11".  You have another player at 6'8" that can do the SAME THING and I'll guarantee you the D-1 college will go after the taller kid.  They don't want to say this, but this is true since you can NEVER teach height...
[/quote] I saw a 6'7" (2014) kid playing point guard for a team in NY. He has the size and skill set to play guard. H e will have no problem being recruited. But, there is a market for small guards who can shoot, create their own shots and play some defense. You very seldom see bigger guards posting on the smaller guards in college...hmmmm? I wonder why?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1361475" timestamp="1357513404"]
First, these kids have to qualify academically. This will be the first major hurdle before we can expect them to move on to Major or Mid D-1's
[/quote]

most of these kids are mid to low d1 dove. But your right biggest problem now a days is most do not qualify .

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1361598" timestamp="1357582325"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=107985.msg1361590#msg1361590 date=1357580374]
Zach has potential, but he better hit the weights and start doing more ball handling skills when basketball season is over...... 
[/quote]I've been preaching the same thing about the weight room. Basketball has become more physical than finesse.
His ball handling skills are as good as anyone in our area. He played point last year, but is playing the '2' this year. He doesn't have the explosiveness to play PG at a D1 school, IMO.

He's a shooter though, and that's why he's getting a lot of looks. He's aggressive on offense, but he need to step up his defensive aggression. If he were better physically developed, that would definitely help.
[/quote]Yes, you said the magic word, "shooter." If you are guard and can score, thats major check marks

[quote name="jabu84" post="1361602" timestamp="1357583653"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=107985.msg1361475#msg1361475 date=1357513404]
First, these kids have to qualify academically. This will be the first major hurdle before we can expect them to move on to Major or Mid D-1's
[/quote]

most of these kids are mid to low d1 dove. But your right biggest problem now a days is most do not qualify .
[/quote]Yep!!

[quote name="utfan06" post="1361601" timestamp="1357583472"]
If he grows any look for freshman Grayland arnold to have some potential
[/quote]If you want to get any serious looks from the majors it will help in the recruiting process by [s]selling your soul.[/s].errr being recruited those shoe sponsored elite summer teams. The true elite teams will play against the top talent in the country. The college coaches will be there to watch certain players in those major tourneys. Go out and perform well.  Even if he doesn't grow  ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1361606" timestamp="1357584438"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=107985.msg1361601#msg1361601 date=1357583472]
[/quote]If you want to get any serious looks from the majors it will help in the recruiting process by selling your soul..errr being recruited those shoe sponsored elite summer teams. The true elite teams will play against the top talent in the country. The college coaches will be there to watch certain players in those major tourneys. Go out and perform well.  Even if he doesn't grow  ;)
[/quote]
Im not sure what select team he plays fot..but im pretty sure its in Houston..

[quote name="utfan06" post="1361610" timestamp="1357584592"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=107985.msg1361606#msg1361606 date=1357584438]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=107985.msg1361601#msg1361601 date=1357583472]
[/quote]If you want to get any serious looks from the majors it will help in the recruiting process by selling your soul..errr being recruited those shoe sponsored elite summer teams. The true elite teams will play against the top talent in the country. The college coaches will be there to watch certain players in those major tourneys. Go out and perform well.  Even if he doesn't grow  ;)
[/quote]
Im not sure what select team he plays fot..but im pretty sure its in Houston..
[/quote] Depends on what team in Houston. If your a Freshman now, this summer is your intro session. Coming into your pre- junior summer season, its all business in the summer.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1361580" timestamp="1357578756"]
[/quote]Here is the downside to your analogy. You don't find many "bigs" who can play a guard spot..they grow up thinking they are going to be on the block because thats what they played in biddy ball to high school.........so, many can't handle the ball, no footwork, and pg's are born, not made ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder