Bridge City Baseball

TLB0

I was wandering what everybodys thoughts were on the 2013 season for the Cards since they lost so much talent with Lamoine,Menard,Smith, and Dishon. I know Guidry will be a leader and an ace on the mound. Shugart will be solid. Sampere will swing his bat. Uzzle will bring the stick and be a wall. Just wandering what the opinions are.

• 4 weeks later...
Went to watch the first day of practice yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at the number of players who were there for tryouts, good numbers. I have now figured out why the basketball program has struggled, all the kids with height are on the baseball field! The freshman class may possibly be able to put a starting 5 together and every player would be taller than the ones on the basketball team! Wow!

Had some impressive showings by a few guys who have really matured since last year and they certainly have a bright future.

Most all of the returning varsity players all look to be in great shape, you could tell they have worked over the fall and winter. I know a big group of them have been throwing for weeks in anticipation of the season starting, that will pay big dividends later.

Overall the talent pool appears to be as deep as ever and the Cardinals hopefully won't skip a beat.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1367132" timestamp="1359213557"]
Went to watch the first day of practice yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at the number of players who were there for tryouts, good numbers. I have now figured out why the basketball program has struggled, all the kids with height are on the baseball field! The freshman class may possibly be able to put a starting 5 together and every player would be taller than the ones on the basketball team! Wow!

Had some impressive showings by a few guys who have really matured since last year and they certainly have a bright future.

Most all of the returning varsity players all look to be in great shape, you could tell they have worked over the fall and winter. I know a big group of them have been throwing for weeks in anticipation of the season starting, that will pay big dividends later.

Overall the talent pool appears to be as deep as ever and the Cardinals hopefully won't skip a beat.

Rake1
[/quote]

Nice read..... And I am sure they are getting some batting practice in also!!!!!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder