**WOODVILLE TOURNEY UPDATES**

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1359232" timestamp="1356730899"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=107770.msg1359227#msg1359227 date=1356730366]
Woodville 70
Hull-Daisetta 61

Woodville plays winner of Kelly/Huntington for championship tomorrow.
[/quote]

That's incorrect. Woodville still has to play a game tonight against either Jasper or Splendora to reach the championship game tomorrow.
[/quote] Now everybody see why Kelly and Cleveland were in the same bracket.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1359249" timestamp="1356732911"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=107770.msg1359232#msg1359232 date=1356730899]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=107770.msg1359227#msg1359227 date=1356730366]
Woodville 70
Hull-Daisetta 61

Woodville plays winner of Kelly/Huntington for championship tomorrow.
[/quote]

That's incorrect. Woodville still has to play a game tonight against either Jasper or Splendora to reach the championship game tomorrow.
[/quote] Now everybody see why Kelly and Cleveland were in the same bracket.
[/quote]
Exactly lol plus tournaments from a team perspective are about improving. Both Kelly and Cleveland benefited much more from playing each other than they would've by playing a lesser talented school. Not saying that was the tourney directors main reasoning lol but still a valid point.

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1359338" timestamp="1356751647"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=107770.msg1359331#msg1359331 date=1356750199]
Woodville 70
Jasper 69

One of the most exciting games all year. Woodville won on an off-balance buzzer-beater in the fourth. It was crazy to say the least.
[/quote] wow I was expecting Jasper to win.
[/quote]
I think most people were after the 30 point lashing they gave Woodville earlier in the year. Woodville has improved a lot. Put 140 points total today and beat two good teams. Good job Eagles. Keep it up against Kelly tomorrow.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1359341" timestamp="1356751933"]
[quote author=fisherman2 link=topic=107770.msg1359338#msg1359338 date=1356751647]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=107770.msg1359331#msg1359331 date=1356750199]
Woodville 70
Jasper 69

One of the most exciting games all year. Woodville won on an off-balance buzzer-beater in the fourth. It was crazy to say the least.
[/quote]
I think most people were after the 30 point lashing they gave Woodville earlier in the year. Woodville has improved a lot. Put 140 points total today and beat two good teams. Good job Eagles. Keep it up against Kelly tomorrow.
[/quote] let's hope they don't keep it up  ;)

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1359368" timestamp="1356760494"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=107770.msg1359341#msg1359341 date=1356751933]
[quote author=fisherman2 link=topic=107770.msg1359338#msg1359338 date=1356751647]
Woodville 70
Jasper 69

[/quote]
[/quote] let's hope they don't keep it up  ;)
[/quote]
Haha well tomorrow should be a good game if they play the way they did tonight. Kelly has a lot of good shooters, which Woodville hasn't seen much of this year. We will see how they react to it and adjust to stop it.

If Kelly doesn't beat Wville by double digits, I will be absolutely shocked. After studying the brackets tdy it was very obvious what the Wville coach was doing to give his team a chance to play for the championship. Pretty embarrassing if u ask me. I was told tdy he changed the bracket 5 times before settling on Kelly v Cleveland in the first round. Only chance Wville had. Kelly won their two games tdy by an avg of 20+ points. Cleveland won their two by 47 and 72 points tdy. Gee...I wonder if they were the two best teams?  ::) ::)

[quote name="indian15/16" post="1359372" timestamp="1356763415"]
If Kelly doesn't beat Wville by double digits, I will be absolutely shocked. After studying the brackets tdy it was very obvious what the Wville coach was doing to give his team a chance to play for the championship. Pretty embarrassing if u ask me. I was told tdy he changed the bracket 5 times before settling on Kelly v Cleveland in the first round. Only chance Wville had. Kelly won their two games tdy by an avg of 20+ points. Cleveland won their two by 47 and 72 points tdy. Gee...I wonder if they were the two best teams?  ::) ::)
[/quote]
This is a very naive statement by an obviously biased member. Oh. And would you mind telling us just who your large wins were over? Wouldn't be quite so impressive then would they? Lol with the exception of each other, neither of those teams has played a team near the caliber of Jasper or Woodville. I'm not saying that Woodville will absolutely beat Kelly. But give credit where credit is due. Your team is not as good as you obviously think they are. They could be though with good coaching and a little bit of heart and passion for the game. I'm glad nobody asked your opinion about the organization of the tournament. If you don't like it, don't attend. Simple as that. Obviously your coach thought it was a good tournament to send his team to.
On another note. I was very disappointed with the behavior of the fans from Cleveland and Splendora during Splendora's 12:10 game. That was sad to watch.

[quote name="mfd814" post="1359409" timestamp="1356794600"]
Goodrich forfeits to Hardin, not enough players to play.
[/quote]I have been talking about this for years now the time has come to close some school.mfd814 u no which ones I am talking about. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

[quote name="mfd814" post="1359418" timestamp="1356796911"]
And it's more of not enough kids to play this season, and the losses they have had, doesn't want anymore to come out and play.  I hope they can turn this around. Good tradition at this school .  Coach King really cares about these kids.
[/quote] Coach King is the backbone of Goodrich

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1359376" timestamp="1356766902"]
[quote author=indian15/16 link=topic=107770.msg1359372#msg1359372 date=1356763415]
[/quote]
This is a very naive statement by an obviously biased member. Oh. And would you mind telling us just who your large wins were over? Wouldn't be quite so impressive then would they? Lol with the exception of each other, neither of those teams has played a team near the caliber of Jasper or Woodville. I'm not saying that Woodville will absolutely beat Kelly. But give credit where credit is due. Your team is not as good as you obviously think they are. They could be though with good coaching and a little bit of heart and passion for the game. I'm glad nobody asked your opinion about the organization of the tournament. If you don't like it, don't attend. Simple as that. Obviously your coach thought it was a good tournament to send his team to.
On another note. I was very disappointed with the behavior of the fans from Cleveland and Splendora during Splendora's 12:10 game. That was sad to watch.
[/quote] honestly I completely agree with almost everything Indian said. I was told that the bracket had Kelly and Woodville matched in the first round and then the day after the Christmas break started they changed the bracket and matched Kelly and Cleveland in the first round. And eagleswoodville you say with the exception of our game against each h other no team we play is the same caliber as Jasper or Woodville? I firmly believe that center would beat both Woodville and Jasper. And you saying Cleveland isn't as good as he thinks they are is kind of ridiculous they didn't lose to bad to Kountze and they lost by 2 to The Village. On another note I agree that Cleveland s players play with no heart at least they didn't against Kelly they played very emotionless it seemed. And I will also be absolutely shocked if Kelly doesn't beat Woodville by double digits. Also I will say Woodville has improved greatly since earlier in the season having seen them play a few times.

I thought this thread was for updating the scores for the tournament.  People need to get their facts straight before they go making statements about something that they know nothing about.  All the coaches seem to be enjoying the tournament games. The bracket was not change so that Woodville would be in the championship game. There were teams added late, and travel consideration played a big part in having to move some teams around. Don't make assumptions about a person that you don't even know. The Woodville Coach is a pretty good guy, and if you would like to know why there were changes, it was not so that they would be in the championship. You can can talk to him, he is a pretty level headed guy. I know that this is a public forum and you have the right to speak your mind, but know your facts first.

[quote name="ballerforchrist" post="1359437" timestamp="1356802048"]
I thought this thread was for updating the scores for the tournament.  People need to get their facts straight before they go making statements about something that they know nothing about.  All the coaches seem to be enjoying the tournament games. The bracket was not change so that Woodville would be in the championship game. There were teams added late, and travel consideration played a big part in having to move some teams around. Don't make assumptions about a person that you don't even know. The Woodville Coach is a pretty good guy, and if you would like to know why there were changes, it was not so that they would be in the championship. You can can talk to him, he is a pretty level headed guy. I know that this is a public forum and you have the right to speak your mind, but know your facts first.
[/quote] I didn't say he changed it for them to get to the Championship I just started that it was changed. 

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1359442" timestamp="1356802652"]
[quote author=ballerforchrist link=topic=107770.msg1359437#msg1359437 date=1356802048]
[/quote] I didn't say he changed it for them to get to the Championship I just started that it was changed.
[/quote]
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that specific comment was directed at the member who suggested that that was the case. Not you. Even though you stated that you agreed with everything this person said. But still.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1359449" timestamp="1356803436"]
[quote author=fisherman2 link=topic=107770.msg1359442#msg1359442 date=1356802652]
[quote author=ballerforchrist link=topic=107770.msg1359437#msg1359437 date=1356802048]
[/quote]
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that specific comment was directed at the member who suggested that that was the case. Not you. Even though you stated that you agreed with everything this person said. But still.
[/quote] I said I agree with ALMOST everything he said.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder