Does PN-G's single game attendance record fall today?

It's crap that they have people watching all 3 games and count towards the total attendance while PNG & Plano were the only game that night.

They were over 6,000 fans short of the record last year.  Katy & Cedar Hill play the 4pm game tomorrow and have the best shot at cracking 50,000 people.

http://txprepsfootball.com/archives/state-records

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1357846" timestamp="1356148042"]
It's crap that they have people watching all 3 games and count towards the total attendance while PNG & Plano were the only game that night.

They were over 6,000 fans short of the record last year.  Allen & Cedar Park play the late game tomorrow and have the best shot at cracking 50,000 people.

http://txprepsfootball.com/archives/state-records
[/quote] Katy gonna bring the house tomorrow

[quote name="badndn" post="1357914" timestamp="1356151942"]
I would suspect with Katy playing followed by local Allen you will see in excess of 50K.
[/quote]

Cedar Hill is also a local team against Katy.  It's still crap if they give them the record with multiple games being played.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1357920" timestamp="1356152166"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=107707.msg1357914#msg1357914 date=1356151942]
I would suspect with Katy playing followed by local Allen you will see in excess of 50K.
[/quote]

Cedar Hill is also a local team against Katy.  It's still crap if they give them the record with multiple games being played.
[/quote] C-H wont have a great turnout, nobody is expecting that to be a game. [b]Now Allen on the other hand[/b]...........LOL

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1357931" timestamp="1356154810"]
If they do break the attendance record,  there should be an asterisk by the label that denotes the fact that it was not accomplished by 2 teams, rather multiple teams within several games.    There's no way that the officials can compare one to the other.
[/quote]

I agree.  The 6th and 8th ranked games are from last year.  I wonder how many how many of those people are counted twice and watched both games?

#6-    43,369 Aledo vs. Manvel, Cowboys Stadium 2011
#8-    42,896 Southlake Carroll vs. Fort Bend Hightower, Cowboys Stadium 2011

Allen will bring upwards of 30,000 fans. The question is whether or not there will be enough fans for the other team plus enough Katy holdovers to break the record. If there is, as much as I hate to say it, so be it. If there isn't, it's a real testament to how seriously we take football at PN-G and in Southeast Texas generally to bring that many fans that far and set a record that's withstood so many trials over so many years.

Whether or not the record is broken tomorrow, we all know where the standard is set for fan support in high school football. Scalp 'em.

If a Katy fan goes to watch Katy play and hangs around to watch Allen play I don't see why their attendance should be looked at any different than an Allen fan who only went to see Allen...they are there on their own will to watch the game...IMO they should still count towards the attendance if they are there

When PNG played Plano on Dec.17, 1977 that was the only game played that day at that stadium. There were no hold overs from previous games that day. Therefore that game will still be considered the state record for single game attendance. If there are more in attendance today then there should be a new record labeled as the state attendance record with multiple games played that day. It just goes to show that nobody follows High School Football like we do here in the golden triangle area.

[quote name="KABrother" post="1357962" timestamp="1356184869"]
If a Katy fan goes to watch Katy play and hangs around to watch Allen play I don't see why their attendance should be looked at any different than an Allen fan who only went to see Allen...they are there on their own will to watch the game...IMO they should still count towards the attendance if they are there
[/quote]

But if Katy hadn't played the same day...would that same Katy fan still come to the Allen game. If these games weren't back to back on the same day, then I doubt as many fans from other schools, who are not in the same district, would drive all the way to Arlington.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1357991" timestamp="1356190243"]
[quote author=KABrother link=topic=107707.msg1357962#msg1357962 date=1356184869]
[/quote]

But if Katy hadn't played the same day...would that same Katy fan still come to the Allen game. If these games weren't back to back on the same day, then I doubt as many fans from other schools, who are not in the same district, would drive all the way to Arlington.
[/quote]

Does that take away the fact that that fan was in attendance and watched the game...I understand the point that people are already there but in my eyes if they hang around they do so to watch a game they want to see their attendance should be counted

[quote name="KABrother" post="1358023" timestamp="1356195055"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=107707.msg1357991#msg1357991 date=1356190243]
[quote author=KABrother link=topic=107707.msg1357962#msg1357962 date=1356184869]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Does that take away the fact that that fan was in attendance and watched the game...I understand the point that people are already there but in my eyes if they hang around they do so to watch a game they want to see their attendance should be counted
[/quote]

Their attendance should and will be counted. IMO these records are not even in the same bracket. Different stadium and different circumstances

[quote name="KABrother" post="1358023" timestamp="1356195055"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=107707.msg1357991#msg1357991 date=1356190243]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There should be a lot more fans for 4 teams and possibly 6 teams than 2 teams playing the only game that night.  It's not anywhere close to the same. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder