year round youth football

chevy13

Why would anybody subject their kid to the beating that kids take in football all year round. Football is not a sport that should be played all year. A kids body is not developed to do that. They need time to heal their bodies not keep beating it down and possibly cause some major health issues at a very young age. My son plays but ounce the season is over it's on to basketball and baseball. Those of you who put their kids through the beating they take in football all year round are living vicariously through their son for something the parent may not have accomplished when they were young in my opinion.

[quote name="Coach85" post="1355710" timestamp="1355683152"]
Why would anybody subject their kid to the beating that kids take in football all year round. Football is not a sport that should be played all year. A kids body is not developed to do that. They need time to heal their bodies not keep beating it down and possibly cause some major health issues at a very young age. My son plays but ounce the season is over it's on to basketball and baseball. Those of you who put their kids through the beating they take in football all year round are living vicariously through their son for something the parent may not have accomplished when they were young in my opinion.
[/quote]Yep, year round football is a bad idea!

[quote name="77" post="1355713" timestamp="1355683269"]
[quote author=Coach85 link=topic=107512.msg1355710#msg1355710 date=1355683152]
[/quote]

Why? Because the parents enjoy the glory more than the kids enjoy playing.  Hence why anyone would subject their children to year round sports of any kind.

[quote name="Scatright" post="1355999" timestamp="1355754799"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=107512.msg1355713#msg1355713 date=1355683269]
[/quote]

Why? [b]Because the parents enjoy the glory more than the kids enjoy playing.[/b]  Hence why anyone would subject their children to year round sports of any kind.
[/quote]

I know if I would let my son, he would play football year round.....and I'm not living through him, I just support him.......but, I would never let him for health reasons.

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1356010" timestamp="1355755650"]
[quote author=Scatright link=topic=107512.msg1355999#msg1355999 date=1355754799]
[quote author=77 link=topic=107512.msg1355713#msg1355713 date=1355683269]
[/quote]

Why? [b]Because the parents enjoy the glory more than the kids enjoy playing.[/b]  Hence why anyone would subject their children to year round sports of any kind.
[/quote]

I know if I would let my son, he would play football year round.....and I'm not living through him, I just support him.......but, I would never let him for health reasons.
[/quote]

Maybe I wasn't clear in the way I worded the original post.  I'm saying exactly what you are saying.  Kids will play year round, but parents need to intervene and stop them from doing it.  I didn't mean that the kids didn't enjoy it, just that I feel the parents enjoy being football parents more than kids like beign footbal players!

Some of your kids may be fast and agile,  some kids aren't.  Some have birth defects that limit the other sports but do not effect him on the line.  So I wasn't asking for your parenting advise only information, and no I don't live through him. My son loves football not baseball or  basketball.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
FYI, My kids are in the TYFA league.  Although my organization does not participate in Spring football,  there is a Spring season which consist of teams in Houston, San Antonio, Austin and the Valley.  It consist of 6 games and then a playoffs.  I personally don't participate due to my kid being involved in other sports, but if you want to play go to the web page and look at the teams participating, and I am sure they would allow your child to play with one of the Houston teams. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833