What's your expectations for your team next season?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nederland could have another undefeated district season.  It's getting contagious and expected in Nederland... plus this group has some seriously talented kids coming back even though they lost a lot.  When you return 4 starting o-lineman, your starting fullback and a 1500 yard tailback, the best two defensive lineman in the district next year, two of the best safeties in Kimler and Seay, the areas best kicker, and a kid I predict to be a huge game changer in J. Johnson... please argue with me.  That's not even mentioning Barton and Mayfield who will be significant performers and Krautz, Butler, Bordelon.... won't be a wasted ticket in Nederland.

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1353251" timestamp="1355191605"]
Nederland could have another undefeated district season.  It's getting contagious and expected in Nederland... plus this group has some seriously talented kids coming back even though they lost a lot.  When you return 4 starting o-lineman, your starting fullback and a 1500 yard tailback, the best two defensive lineman in the district next year, two of the best safeties in Kimler and Seay, the areas best kicker, and a kid I predict to be a huge game changer in J. Johnson... please argue with me.  That's not even mentioning Barton and Mayfield who will be significant performers and Krautz, Butler, Bordelon.... won't be a wasted ticket in Nederland.
[/quote]

Tinsley, Broussard, Stewart, Contreras. The list can go on and on, we are going to just fine next year.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1353255" timestamp="1355191816"]
[quote author=Brubaker link=topic=107359.msg1353251#msg1353251 date=1355191605]
[/quote]

Tinsley, Broussard, Stewart, Contreras. The list can go on and on, we are going to just fine next year.
[/quote]

Well put... But, what about the quarterback position?

[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="1353272" timestamp="1355193676"]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=107359.msg1353255#msg1353255 date=1355191816]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Only time will tell... Plenty of options

P White takes the reigns.  Seay will likely go both ways as Kimler did this year.  Can you imagine trying to cover Kimler and Seay running routes.  White has a good arm and will prove to be effective enough behind that line and running play action off those fakes to Hopkins.  That's a recipe for success.

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1353280" timestamp="1355194035"]
P White takes the reigns.  Seay will likely go both ways as Kimler did this year.  Can you imagine trying to cover Kimler and Seay running routes.  White has a good arm and will prove to be effective enough behind that line and running play action off those fakes to Hopkins.  That's a recipe for success.
[/quote]
I'd say let Neumann make that call, but that's just me.

[quote name="JB94" post="1353263" timestamp="1355192501"]
Coach Barbay will have a 2nd year at Jasper under his belt, the qb will be a senior, and we get some other key personnel back. My expectations are winning district (it's time to beat Carthage) and getting to the regional finals.
[/quote]
I'd be good with that, too. I think the offense should be just fine, but I'd like to see the defense improve so that we can stay in tough games when the offense has an off night. We got blown out twice (Carthage, Navasota) and with more consistency, that won't happen against the better teams on our schedule.

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1353280" timestamp="1355194035"]
[/quote]

By what the players are saying is that White will be the QB next year. But it is not a runaway. Smith (Soph) and Seay (Soph) could take over the job as well. White is a little more accurate, Seay can run, and Smith has the cannon.

The same as usual.  I expect at least a regional championship appearance almost every year.  Last year was an exception, but we should be back to typical Brenham next year.  It would be nice to bring home a state title, but if we couldn't do it with a few of our teams in the last decade, I don't know when we will do it.  Hopefully soon though...

If Crosby Coach Riordan can't rebuild their defense ( New Coordinator ) and get the kids to play two halves of football the Cougars will probably make the playoffs and make their usual early exit.You can't give up an average of 26 points a game ( with 3 bad district teams ) and expect to beat the GOOD teams.With a secondary that was terrible they take an All district CB and put him at WR.He did make All District this year at WR.Didn't help the defense.The games I watched the kids played with very little enthusiasm.They came out dead in the Kingwood Park game,which was for a playoff spot.If not for the TWINS in the second half of the Kingwood Park game the Cougars may have not even made the playoffs.Hope Riordan can make the changes necessary for the Cougars to prosper in 2013.The 2013 Seniors are a fine group of kids,I've watched them since they were freshmen.The talent is there,maybe the coaching ain't.   

Saw the Smith kid play on Nederland JV. I was impressed, thought he could play on Friday nights.
PNG will be young. A lot of Soph and Junior starters next year. Rose returns at WR as a playmaker for whoever is at QB (I think Morse gets the knod). Walker proved in short time that he was a valuable DB and could play WR.
Not gonna be easy going for the young injuns. Get Silsbee with Sr Reed, then WOS, who will be very good again, then SC at SC. 

[quote name="dogbite" post="1353277" timestamp="1355193938"]
[quote author=Nederland Dog 2006 link=topic=107359.msg1353272#msg1353272 date=1355193676]
[quote author=ram0524 link=topic=107359.msg1353255#msg1353255 date=1355191816]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Only time will tell... Plenty of options
[/quote]

In past, Neumann always goes with the senior at QB.

[quote name="badndn" post="1353380" timestamp="1355201379"]
Saw the Smith kid play on Nederland JV. I was impressed, thought he could play on Friday nights.
PNG will be young. A lot of Soph and Junior starters next year. Rose returns at WR as a playmaker for whoever is at QB (I think Morse gets the knod). Walker proved in short time that he was a valuable DB and could play WR.
Not gonna be easy going for the young injuns. Get Silsbee with Sr Reed, then WOS, who will be very good again, then SC at SC.
[/quote]

Smith is team player and would play any where coaches put him on field.  Loves football.

Agree on Morse for QB at PNG, playmaker, difference maker, I believe for PNG, he is key for turning it around.

Deweyville has alot of shoes to fill in. Losing 11 seniors, but it looks like our o-line will be as big, I don't know about as physical. Returning starters on offense are our quarterback, runningback, a couple of linemen, a TE. Not sure about defense. But look for Deweyville contend for the district title. And win a playoff game.

[quote name="Justafan72" post="1353371" timestamp="1355200703"]
If Crosby Coach Riordan can't rebuild their defense ( New Coordinator ) and get the kids to play two halves of football the Cougars will probably make the playoffs and make their usual early exit.You can't give up an average of 26 points a game ( with 3 bad district teams ) and expect to beat the GOOD teams.With a secondary that was terrible they take an All district CB and put him at WR.He did make All District this year at WR.Didn't help the defense.The games I watched the kids played with very little enthusiasm.They came out dead in the Kingwood Park game,which was for a playoff spot.If not for the TWINS in the second half of the Kingwood Park game the Cougars may have not even made the playoffs.Hope Riordan can make the changes necessary for the Cougars to prosper in 2013.The 2013 Seniors are a fine group of kids,I've watched them since they were freshmen.The talent is there,maybe the coaching ain't. 
[/quote]

Don't get discouraged, you always have the BH win to count on...... ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder