Navasota question

beechnut

[quote name="beechnut" post="1351509" timestamp="1354940296"]
I have not seen a team that good since Gilmer last won it. Dang it they are good and fun to watch.
[/quote]
Yea them Buckeyes were beasts. Right after winning state I was visiting family there and noticed they had a new turf field.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1351509" timestamp="1354940296"]
I have not seen a team that good since Gilmer last won it. Dang it they are good and fun to watch.
[/quote]

I think Navasota's qb is every bit as good as Gilmer's qb was, and #2 is better than Manuel Johnson in my book.  The part that makes Navasota better than Gilmer was is defense.  Navasota is very solid on defense too.  Gilmer was good defensively, but not this good.  Great 3A team.

They played better this week than last for sure.  LM was definitely a step up offensively than WO-S.  Defensively I think LM look pretty equal to WO-S defense.

I would think #2 would be recruited by all the big players.  He is an amazing threat to score every time he has the ball.  The interception return he made was quiet a show of athleticism. 

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="1351552" timestamp="1354942798"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=107266.msg1351509#msg1351509 date=1354940296]
[/quote]

I think Navasota's qb is every bit as good as Gilmer's qb was, and #2 is better than Manuel Johnson in my book.  The part that makes Navasota better than Gilmer was is defense.  Navasota is very solid on defense too.  Gilmer was good defensively, but not this good.  Great 3A team.

They played better this week than last for sure.  LM was definitely a step up offensively than WO-S.  [b]Defensively I think LM look pretty equal to WO-S defense.[/b]

I would think #2 would be recruited by all the big players.  He is an amazing threat to score every time he has the ball.  The interception return he made was quiet a show of athleticism.
[/quote]I disagree.  After hearing so much about the WOS defense all year, I feel that they are clearly overrated.  I think that La Marque is a better overall team than WOS.  La Marque was just so undisciplined and raw.  Navasota moved the ball at will against WOS last night, and La Marque slowed the Rattlers down a little more. 

'87, noticed a little animosity toward WO-S in some of your posts.  We know Navasota is the better team and proved it last night and probably would again tonite if they played.  I don't think WO-S defense was overated, the numbers don't lie.  Surely they haven't seen the likes of the "Rattlers but dont belittle a very good defense.  Maybe you're still smarting from that '86 beatdown, I don't know.

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1351704" timestamp="1354978382"]
'87, noticed a little animosity toward WO-S in some of your posts.  We know Navasota is the better team and proved it last night and probably would again tonite if they played.  I don't think WO-S defense was overated, the numbers don't lie.  Surely they haven't seen the likes of the "Rattlers but dont belittle a very good defense.  Maybe you're still smarting from that '86 beatdown, I don't know.
[/quote]Hey, I was really expecting to see a better game than I did last night.  All of the hype that I have seen and heard over the past three months about this defense was quickly put to rest after about two series.  As far as being partial towards Navasota?  The Rattlers are the one team that I grew up "hating" because of the intense rivalry between the two teams.    Yeah, WOS did beat my team out in 1986, but that was 25 years ago.  WOS has always been a class organization, and I hold a great deal of respect for teams like that.  I just call it like I see it.  I apologize if it seems like I am hating on WOS. 

I was at the '86 Brenham/WO-S game in Huntsville and probably saw you play and no it wasn't a beatdown but a very good game, 17-7, I think.  Wasn't a relaxing moment until it was over.  Navasota proved last night that they are the real deal, and I'm pulling for them and Region III.

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1351704" timestamp="1354978382"]
'87, noticed a little animosity toward WO-S in some of your posts.  We know Navasota is the better team and proved it last night and probably would again tonite if they played.  I don't think WO-S defense was overated, [b]the numbers don't lie[/b].  Surely they haven't seen the likes of the "Rattlers but dont belittle a very good defense.  Maybe you're still smarting from that '86 beatdown, I don't know.
[/quote]

Numbers dont lie, but they surely can exaggerate the truth!

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1351725" timestamp="1354979666"]
I was at the '86 Brenham/WO-S game in Huntsville and probably saw you play and no it wasn't a beatdown but a very good game, 17-7, I think.  Wasn't a relaxing moment until it was over.  Navasota proved last night that they are the real deal, and I'm pulling for them and Region III.
[/quote]Well, it was 23-7.  It was 7-7 at halftime, and WOS was the better team, no doubt!! 

Dang you Navasota fans just can't be happy with your win, can you? Learn how to win guys, you don't have to humiliate the kids and their accomplishments in the process... WOS had 9 shut outs, you can't take that away from them. They let one game get away from them and you try to discredit everything they worked hard to accomplish all season! It's ridiculous how some of you adults act...

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1351761" timestamp="1354983233"]
Dang you Navasota fans just can't be happy with your win, can you? Learn how to win guys, you don't have to humiliate the kids and their accomplishments in the process... WOS had 9 shut outs, you can't take that away from them. They let one game get away from them and you try to discredit everything they worked hard to accomplish all season! It's ridiculous how some of you adults act...
[/quote]

Gas, I wouldn't assume all of them are adults.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin