How I feel.

Both my mom and dad went to PNG. My mom was actually an indianette. But I was raised in Nederland and graduated from Nederland. I have always been a huge Bulldog fan, and always will be. But... I have felt at times, that we would never win the big one with this coaching staff. It always seemed to me, that Coach Neumann and his coaching staff were good coaches....Great coaches, but would always make the playoffs, go 2-3 rounds deep, and get knocked out. I sure dont feel that way anymore. I couldn't be more proud of this coaching staff, these kids who are playing lights out on that field, the fans, and the whole town of Nederland. And i guess Port Neches-Groves fans as well. Haha. I'm gonna say this, I might be proven wrong, but i honestly dont think I will be. We have a team this year, guys, that I have said from day 1, has the talent, the together-ness, and the coaching to go all the way to Dallas. NOBODY honestly believed that. I have said this from day one. Nobody can play with our front four on defense. We are too big, strong, fast, and outright nasty to hang with physically. And that makes the rest of our defense that much better. Our offense lulls you to sleep by running the rock. Rather we get 1 yard or 20 yards at a time, very rarely will you see our running backs go backwards. And i cant say enough about our Offensive line. One part of our team that has gotten ZERO credit for keeping Carson upright, and for giving Hopkins holes to run through. Carson has thrown the ball very well throughout the season, and our wide receivers keep making plays, after plays, after plays. I honestly do not think we will get beat in these playoffs. I dont care who we face, how big or fast people claim the other team is, or who the coaching staff is. This is a Nederland team unlike the past Nederland teams who were just happy to make the playoffs. These kids know they have an opportunity infront of them and they will not be denied. Could i be proven wrong on this assumption? Sure. But if I am, thats fine. These coaches, players and community are already CHAMPIONS. And they are going to prove that this Saturday and the weeks following. Thank you. NEDERLAND.......BULLDOGS! NEDERLAND.....BULLDOGS!

I can't pin a berth in the state championship game this year on how successful Neuman and his staff have been.  They have already proven that they are among the State's best coaching staff's, they don't have to win it all to prove that to me or to anyone else.  To do what they have done for as long as they've done it, just tip you cap and say job well done.  The outcome of Saturday's game doesn't diminish how good they are.  I would also like to caution that we are just half way to Dallas.  This has been the goal of this group since they got bounced last year.  They knew this was at their fingertips, but it's one bad break away from being over, so we can't dwell on that, just enjoy what is.

We have also been very fortunate this year, I'm not going to talk about it or we may not continue being so blessed, but I think most know what I mean.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1349946" timestamp="1354748602"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=107183.msg1349944#msg1349944 date=1354748284]
Would have made the semis except for Smithson Valley, who won state that year, went up to 5A the following year, played for state and lost.
[/quote]
I thought we lost to SV in the semis?
[/quote]
Sorry, you and tvc are correct. I will go hide now.

It is going to be a simple game.
1.If Ned front 4 stops GT Qb or at least makes him make  enough mistakes we win.
2. Dogs offense has to control clock and score we win.
3. Ned limits turnover or wins turnover battle.
4. Have a little luck>
If any of these don't happen we may be home next weekend or if we succeed they may be home next weekend.
Both teams are good at what they do and are well coached.
The x factor in all this could be Tanner Noel. DOGS still by 3.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="1350018" timestamp="1354757473"]
Well I'm not gonna sugar coat it like everyone else. We are gonna rip Gtowns head off and S&%T down their throats. End of Story!
[/quote]

Tell us how you really feel!.....LOL....Good Luck to ya'll from Cardinal Country!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder