Book Keepers/ clock operators

book keepers and clock operators please leave your D@%n phones in your vehicle.  I see it too often these people playing/texting/talking on their phones while working books or operating clock......acting like a bunch of kids. I just want slap the _____ out you.

I heard there was issues at the silsbee/lee game...bookkeeper not even notifying the refs of someone fouling out till after that player played several possessions and that a player possibly had one to many fouls marked down for him.
not sure if the bookkeeper was distracted by a phone or fans, but it does show lack of focus of the job at hand

Stop cheating these players and put your phone down.....  yall are like a kid in a candy store and bug headed towards the light that is going to zap them dead.  if your phone rings and you don't answer it will be okay, life will not end if you don't answer it.

[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=107160.msg1349606#msg1349606 date=1354716973]
book keepers and clock operators please leave your D@%n phones in your vehicle.  I see it too often these people playing/texting/talking on their phones while working books or operating clock......acting like a bunch of kids. [b]I just want slap the _____ out you[/b].

I heard there was issues at the silsbee/lee game...bookkeeper not even notifying the refs of someone fouling out till after that player played several possessions and that a player possibly had one to many fouls marked down for him.
not sure if the bookkeeper was distracted by a phone or fans, but it does show lack of focus of the job at hand

I agree with you on these points.  I will say this however,  some of these people dont get paid to run the cloth or keep the book.  It is assigned.  If they were paid then maybe they would take a better interest in what they are doing.

Hope you don't slap your kids..... :o :o :o

[quote name="oldman" post="1349650" timestamp="1354720983"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=107160.msg1349606#msg1349606 date=1354716973]
book keepers and clock operators please leave your D@%n phones in your vehicle.  I see it too often these people playing/texting/talking on their phones while working books or operating clock......acting like a bunch of kids. [b]I just want slap the _____ out you[/b].

I agree with you on these points.  I will say this however,  some of these people dont get paid to run the cloth or keep the book.  It is assigned.  If they were paid then maybe they would take a better interest in what they are doing.

[/quote]

I think it's more connected with what is going on at Lee in general.  Not much "Give a d ---" over there anymore.

They even cost their team the possesion to start the second quarter. Lee won the tip, there was one jump ball in the first yet the Tigers got the ball top start the second.  You could hear the timekeeper saying she forgot to change it all the way across the gym but it was too late.

[quote name="oldman" post="1349650" timestamp="1354720983"]

[/quote]

nope they get wipped with a belt....something that has gone astray in this country

[quote name="hawgtuff" post="1349735" timestamp="1354727860"]
Most smaller schools take volunteers to work the clock and books at the games. Quite crying and volunteer to work the clock or books at your games.
[/quote]

I do when i can, but if i go to a game that i have no connections to either team they arent going to let me do either.

How bout put the phone down lil kid....oh wait your an adult....but your tempted by a ring of a phone like a kid is with candy.....  grow up do your job

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1349748" timestamp="1354728817"]
[quote author=hawgtuff link=topic=107160.msg1349735#msg1349735 date=1354727860]
Most smaller schools take volunteers to work the clock and books at the games. Quite crying and volunteer to work the clock or books at your games.
[/quote]

I do when i can, but if i go to a game that i have no connections to either team they arent going to let me do either.

How bout put the phone down lil kid....oh wait your an adult....but your tempted by a ring of a phone like a kid is with candy.....  grow up do your job
[/quote]

Call the UIL maybe they will pass the 5gallongallonbucket rule and make no phones at the scorers table.  Im not a big basketball fan but when i do go im watching the game not the score keeper and clock operator.  If I wanted to watch 2 people sitting at a table I would turn on ESPN 4 and watch the World Series of Chess.  All im saying is either go tell them to put them down or just let it go.

[quote name="Javelina" post="1349809" timestamp="1354735193"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=107160.msg1349748#msg1349748 date=1354728817]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Call the UIL maybe they will pass the 5gallongallonbucket rule and make no phones at the scorers table.  Im not a big basketball fan but when i do go im watching the game not the score keeper and clock operator.  If I wanted to watch 2 people sitting at a table I would turn on ESPN 4 and watch the World Series of Chess.  All im saying is either go tell them to put them down or just let it go.
[/quote]

Im just shedding light on how irresponsible people are and how people cant resist answering a text message or a phone call.  When the clock operator or book keeper effect the game's outcome or a players foul count/team foul count then it is a problem.
But i guess you wouldn't know that cause your not a basketball fan.

Whats sad is that people can't merely resist the phone for the length of a game or at least till halftime.

I ve been a fan in the stands and i ve also have been a coach on the sideline.  and when your coaching and you notice the book keeper talking or texting on the phone while trying to keep up with the game, so is he/she cheating my players cause he/she is not focuse....thats a problem...  they re not focused on the job at hand.  and yes i have told them to put the phone down.

from the way you sound....your one of those people who lives on there phone.  on the phone at the dinner table, on the phone during church, etc etc. 

society is so fixated on instant information....  what would yall do without all those gadgets

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1349824" timestamp="1354736301"]
[quote author=Javelina link=topic=107160.msg1349809#msg1349809 date=1354735193]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=107160.msg1349748#msg1349748 date=1354728817]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Im just shedding light on how irresponsible people are and how people cant resist answering a text message or a phone call.  When the clock operator or book keeper effect the game's outcome or a players foul count/team foul count then it is a problem.

Whats sad is that people can't merely resist the phone for the length of a game or at least till halftime.

I ve been a fan in the stands and i ve also have been a coach on the sideline.  and when your coaching and you notice the book keeper talking or texting on the phone while trying to keep up with the game, so is he/she cheating my players cause he/she is not focuse....thats a problem...  they re not focused on the job at hand.  and yes i have told them to put the phone down.

from the way you sound....your one of those people who lives on there phone.  on the phone at the dinner table, on the phone during church, etc etc. 

society is so fixated on instant information....  [b]what would yall do without all those gadgets[/b]
[/quote]

I guess I'd go get on my computer and post some worthy soap box material on SETXsports  ;)
I agree with you though.

P.S. Instant info and "gadgets" aren't a bad thing  :)

You know I kept the books  in high school,  I can understand a possesiob arrow mistake,  but a mistake with the fouls shouldn't happen. Play is stopped and the ref  walks over and gives you the number.  If you didn't get it or are confused you blow t he horn and get them back over to the table and ask them.

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1349824" timestamp="1354736301"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

society is so fixated on instant information....  what would yall do without all those gadgets
[/quote]

Sadly I have to live on my Phone because of my Job Title.  Being an Athletic Admin I am always getting txt about students emails from upset parents and even phone calls from them.  My phone sits in the kitchen while im eatting in the other room and my phone stays in my truck at church cause IMO there is no need for it.  When I am Admin on Duty at basketball games they have there phones but only can check em or whatever they do in between qts and half time.  With that being said I still do not watch them during the game.  But our keepers are teachers volunteering their time and are very professional while on duty.

[quote name="2-2-1" post="1349838" timestamp="1354738092"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=107160.msg1349824#msg1349824 date=1354736301]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

society is so fixated on instant information....  [b]what would yall do without all those gadgets[/b]
[/quote]

I guess I'd go get on my computer and post some worthy soap box material on SETXsports  ;)
I agree with you though.

P.S. Instant info and "gadgets" aren't a bad thing  :)
[/quote]

very true....  but i don't let it run my life like alot of people.  I still have an old cell phone and i only have it cause my wife wants me to have one.

[quote name="Javelina" post="1349945" timestamp="1354748333"]
[quote author=5gallonbucket link=topic=107160.msg1349824#msg1349824 date=1354736301]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sadly I have to live on my Phone because of my Job Title.  Being an Athletic Admin I am always getting txt about students emails from upset parents and even phone calls from them.  My phone sits in the kitchen while im eatting in the other room and my phone stays in my truck at church cause IMO there is no need for it.  When I am Admin on Duty at basketball games they have there phones but only can check em or whatever they do in between qts and half time.  With that being said I still do not watch them during the game.  But our keepers are teachers volunteering their time and are very professional while on duty.
[/quote]

i understand that your job and the way society has became so much more technology advanced thats the way things are done now.  but whats sad is that there was a time that we didn't have cell phones and we were still able to do our jobs.  Im not blaming you....its the way society has become...either join them or get left behind.  And i am glad that your teachers are professional...but that cant be said about some of the schools i ve been to....P.A. and Beaumont

The head coach of home team should have responsible people at the scorers table.  The ref should be on top. And if you volunteer, be responsible.    I have been doing books etc for over 20 yrs and do not use my phone at table.    The fans should be considerate of the responsible score folks.  I had people in stands last week,screaming about Give us our points,  when the Ref had not motioned if the bucket counted yet, on the foul.  Geez Louise,  do you not know, the score board is not what's official, it's the book. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder