Newton vs Franklin

I don't care about a blowout, just want a Newton Eagle win and no one from either team gets injured. I think this will be a very physical game and some-one said Franklin ran behind #68 nearly all the time so that lineman must be pretty good also. I don't want another triple overtime game either. Newton is good but not 10 times better than the Newton team that played Franklin last time. I think they are better but just better. JMHO

[quote name="jimmyw" post="1349793" timestamp="1354732876"]
I don't care about a blowout, just want a Newton Eagle win and no one from either team gets injured. I think this will be a very physical game and some-one said Franklin ran behind #68 nearly all the time so that lineman must be pretty good also. I don't want another triple overtime game either. Newton is good but not 10 times better than the Newton team that played Franklin last time. I think they are better but just better. JMHO
[/quote]

I disagree. Newton is a LOT better team than the one that went 3OT with Franklin last time. Not just better. This Newton team is the best one since the '98 team in my opinion. Better than the 2004 finalist and better than 2005 state champion. But they still have to play each game hard and one at a time. Can't look past any team.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1349833" timestamp="1354737625"]
[quote author=jimmyw link=topic=107084.msg1349793#msg1349793 date=1354732876]
[/quote]

I disagree. Newton is a LOT better team than the one that went 3OT with Franklin last time. Not just better. This Newton team is the best one since the '98 team in my opinion. Better than the 2004 finalist and better than 2005 state champion. But they still have to play each game hard and one at a time. Can't look past any team.
[/quote]
Very well said.

Since he said it all....straight to my prediction.

Newton 63
Franklin 12

I think this is a good prediction based on having played both teams.  I know EC lost 34-14 to Franklin but that would have been alot closer if not a win for EC if we hadn't lost Glenn Roberts in the 1st qtr.  He had already rushed for around 65 yards at that point.  I don't see Franklin stopping Shorter and Dean.... 

Newton 63
Franklin 14

sounds good...

Franklin's main strategy is running up to the line and quickly running the play. Playing against Newton, i would do this with 10 seconds on the play clock every down. Use the clock as much as possible, because Newton will score each time they have the ball. With that said, Newton will win by at least 5 td's. Good Luck, Eagles!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin