Liberty's Deel Resigns under pressure

[quote name="incognito123" post="1339861" timestamp="1353720677"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=106621.msg1339854#msg1339854 date=1353720380]
With the addition of Aaron Mosley at WR, Huckaby will be moved to QB and Austin moves to RB. Huckaby has a cannon arm and Mosley is an awesome wr. Makes the team better and tougher to defend against.
[/quote]

I'm not sure about that.  I'm pretty sure that will never happen.  Edmondson would get completely phased out if that happened.  Who is he going to take carries away from?  Herman? Lavalais? Espree? Redmond? Do we even know if Moseley will be here next year?  Liberty has a chance to hire a great coach.  Taylor, Foreman, maybe Huckaby...what keeps him from bouncing back to Liberty if they hire a coach who wants to sling it around.  His buddies will call him and he will have a decisino to make.  I think it's risky to change up everything that has made HD successful this year, to build around one guy who has played two games in a HD uniform.  I mean, we will still be running the slot T.  We are going to remove a QB who runs it perfectly in order to plug in another guy so we can throw three times a game?  I don't think so.  I dont' think the coaches are thinking that far ahead.  They were focused on this game.  I might be wrong, and if i am I will apologize, but this is extremely far fetched.
[/quote]May even move Mosley to QB. The offense will be lead by Aaron Mosley, Darrell Lavalais and Chris Herman. We ran the slot t because we had too, best for our team based on our personell. Now with Herman discovered as a punishing runner and the explosive Mosley, HD may can run all kinds of offenses. Darrell Lavalais now, is not the only beast.  ;)But if we stick with slot t and move Cade Huckaby to QB, Mosley would be effective at WR. Huckaby has a cannon.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberty wants someone who will be as nice as Santa Claus to all their kids every day, doesn't work them too hard, is friends with the players and certainly the parents, while also being able to win.  I wouldn't be surprised if the job posting didn't look similar to this. :)

I'm a Alum from Liberty High School and I tell you this Liberty will never change I wish they will for the sake of the young student athletes, but we have to many politics in the town of Liberty. I think they will go on a brother-in-law system and hire somebody that they will feel will be a good fit instead of hiring names like Foreman from WO-S, Taylor from LaPorte, Larry Haynes, and also Josh Sadler... sorry, but if I was a parent living in Liberty zone system I would have been moved out and transferred my children to a different school.

It's a shame that this all when down like it did.  I know that Deel did some of the good coaches on his staff wrong.  Didn't he kind of run Sadler off?  And what about that basketball coach a few years back?  I heard that his mother in law was sick, but that Deel kind of forced his hand and pushed him out the door.  It's too bad for those kids.  Hope they hire someone good, like Sadler. 

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1349730" timestamp="1354727328"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=106621.msg1339861#msg1339861 date=1353720677]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=106621.msg1339854#msg1339854 date=1353720380]
With the addition of Aaron Mosley at WR, Huckaby will be moved to QB and Austin moves to RB. Huckaby has a cannon arm and Mosley is an awesome wr. Makes the team better and tougher to defend against.
[/quote]

I'm not sure about that.  I'm pretty sure that will never happen.  Edmondson would get completely phased out if that happened.  Who is he going to take carries away from?  Herman? Lavalais? Espree? Redmond? Do we even know if Moseley will be here next year?  Liberty has a chance to hire a great coach.  Taylor, Foreman, maybe Huckaby...what keeps him from bouncing back to Liberty if they hire a coach who wants to sling it around.  His buddies will call him and he will have a decisino to make.  I think it's risky to change up everything that has made HD successful this year, to build around one guy who has played two games in a HD uniform.  I mean, we will still be running the slot T.  We are going to remove a QB who runs it perfectly in order to plug in another guy so we can throw three times a game?  I don't think so.  I dont' think the coaches are thinking that far ahead.  They were focused on this game.  I might be wrong, and if i am I will apologize, but this is extremely far fetched.
[/quote]May even move Mosley to QB. The offense will be lead by Aaron Mosley, Darrell Lavalais and Chris Herman. We ran the slot t because we had too, best for our team based on our personell. Now with Herman discovered as a punishing runner and the explosive Mosley, HD may can run all kinds of offenses. Darrell Lavalais now, is not the only beast.  ;)But if we stick with slot t and move Cade Huckaby to QB, Mosley would be effective at WR. Huckaby has a cannon.
[/quote]
Doubt there will be a QB change, Huckabay is still young and needs to work on his speed. They will stick with the slot-t, Coach Huckabay is a football guru and when it's perfected it's hard to beat. Coach Huckabay is too smart to take that disaster of a job.

Yes, been confirmed we are staying with slot t offense. Cade Huckaby will be a junior next season, good arm strength, throws a pretty deep ball. Yes, in my opinion Huckaby moves to QB to just flat out give HD an elite passing game. Aaron Mosley is the real deal at WR, kid will be all-state. If we throw him the ball. Austin as great as he is, can't throw the ball. Austin can move to RB and team well with Darrell Lavalais. Next season if I was a defensive Coach facing HD, i would be terrified. Who do you stop? Huckaby to Mosley for a 50 yard bomb or Darrell Lavalais and Austin Edmondson on a 50 yard counter? Let's not forget Cade Huckaby's dad is the offensive coordinator and his older brother was MVP of the district running that offense at Orangefield. And your right, Coach Huckaby stays at HD, having his cake and eating it to. Coach Slack gets the Liberty job.

Guest scatright
I talked to a guy last night that told me that Liberty really wants Coach Slack.  Hope he gets the job.  I liked him, something just went bad wrong at HD.

[quote name="footballin" post="1351605" timestamp="1354947280"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=106621.msg1349730#msg1349730 date=1354727328]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=106621.msg1339861#msg1339861 date=1353720677]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Doubt there will be a QB change, Huckabay is still young and needs to work on his speed. They will stick with the slot-t, Coach Huckabay is a football guru and when it's perfected it's hard to beat. Coach Huckabay is too smart to take that disaster of a job.
[/quote]I heard Dayton's OC (Krause) was in the running.

[quote name="BIGBRITE" post="1354404" timestamp="1355418072"]
[quote author=footballin link=topic=106621.msg1351605#msg1351605 date=1354947280]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=106621.msg1349730#msg1349730 date=1354727328]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote][b]I heard Dayton's OC [/b](Krause) was in the running.
[/quote] Well now thats interesting...

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1354445" timestamp="1355423261"]
[quote author=BIGBRITE link=topic=106621.msg1354404#msg1354404 date=1355418072]
[quote author=footballin link=topic=106621.msg1351605#msg1351605 date=1354947280]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote][b]I heard Dayton's OC [/b](Krause) was in the running.
[/quote] Well now thats interesting...
[/quote]If anyone could have them ready to take a shot at Dayton in 3 or 4 years it is Craus.

I feel like Chad Taylor is an obvious finalist, if he wants the job.  He would be great.  He is from Liberty, and wasn't he a finalist when Deel got hired? He already showed last year the he is interested in coming back to the area.  Liberty make a lot of sense for him.  The Dayton OC makes sense too.  I"m sure Toby Foreman will apply, as well as Larry Haynes.  All those names make me think that Joe Slack has no chance here.  No swipe at him, he just doesn't have the experience of any of these guys.

Foreman was the OC at WOS, one of the most successful programs in the state, OC at Dayton was also at the helm of a prolific offense at one of the schools most successful 4A programs, and Taylor has been the OC at 5A LaPorte and had great success.  Just because these men haven't been HC/AD's before, doesn't mean they dont' have more experience than Joe.  I am a HD supporter, but even I can admit that HD is small fries compares to the above mentioned programs. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin