Liberty's Deel Resigns under pressure

The Liberty Panthers are now looking for a new AD/Head Football Coach. Under pressure from the Liberty School Board,Deel was given the option to resign.After another dismal year and grumbling from boosters and parents alike it was time for a change.
  Who knows who will replace Deel.I just hope he'll be the change we can believe in.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest incognito123
I'll be curious to see where this goes also.  I've heard those same boosters want Joe Slack formerly of HD.  There are sure to be plenty of applicants.  Chad Taylor, OC at Laporte, is a graduate of Liberty and had applied, and been offered, the Hardin job last year before turning it down.  Taylor will probably throw his hat in the ring.  This is exciting for Liberty.  Everyone loves a clean slate! 

[quote name="hipwader" post="1338825" timestamp="1353549963"]
Its really sad that Liberty Fans are wanting HD's old coach. Great guy, but if you want to turn the ship around probably ought to go outside the county to find a coach.
[/quote]I really doubt Liberty will hire Slack after all the non-sense HD had with him... I heard rumor Larry Haynes name is in the hat also..

[quote name="Ex-Panther" post="1338854" timestamp="1353555450"]
[quote author=hipwader link=topic=106621.msg1338825#msg1338825 date=1353549963]
Its really sad that Liberty Fans are wanting HD's old coach. Great guy, but if you want to turn the ship around probably ought to go outside the county to find a coach.
[/quote]I really doubt Liberty will hire Slack after all the non-sense HD had with him... I heard rumor Larry Haynes name is in the hat also..
[/quote]

Where is Haynes?

Guest incognito123
Oh Haynes will be on that opportunity like stink on a ......., but Liberty may want to call over to Hardin and get a few references before they go down that road. 

I still think that Chad Taylor, or Toby Foreman (who has been mentioned as a possible applicant) should be the frontrunners. 

There is also a great coach, just down the road from Liberty, that is serving as a assistant at his current school, who would be do wonders to fix the problems Liberty is having.  I will not mention his name because his team is still playing.  I'd be interested to see if he applies.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1338932" timestamp="1353592449"]
Oh Haynes will be on that opportunity like stink on a ......., but Liberty may want to call over to Hardin and get a few references before they go down that road. 

I still think that Chad Taylor, or Toby Foreman (who has been mentioned as a possible applicant) should be the frontrunners. 

[b]There is also a great coach, just down the road from Liberty, that is serving as a assistant at his current school, who would be do wonders to fix the problems Liberty is having.  I will not mention his name because his team is still playing.  I'd be interested to see if he applies.[/b]
[/quote]
If we're thinking of the same guy, then he would be a good hire for Liberty; however he is very much a disciplinarian and it's his way or the highway.  Would that work in Liberty?

Guest incognito123
[quote name="Cat22" post="1339363" timestamp="1353683447"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=106621.msg1338932#msg1338932 date=1353592449]

[b]There is also a great coach, just down the road from Liberty, that is serving as a assistant at his current school, who would be do wonders to fix the problems Liberty is having.  I will not mention his name because his team is still playing.  I'd be interested to see if he applies.[/b]
[/quote]
If we're thinking of the same guy, then he would be a good hire for Liberty; however he is very much a disciplinarian and it's his way or the highway.  Would that work in Liberty?
[/quote]

[quote author=Cat22 link=topic=106621.msg1339363#msg1339363 date=1353683447]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=106621.msg1338932#msg1338932 date=1353592449]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Based on your avitar, I think we are talking about the same guy.  As for if his style would work in Liberty?  I know it would work, the question is, will the parents let him do his job?  My gut feelings is that they will not.  Honestly, I"m hoping he doesn't apply.  He's doing a great job right where he is.!!

[quote name="Cat22" post="1339363" timestamp="1353683447"]

[/quote]
[/quote]He is having his cake and eating it to. No way he leaves. His wife working with him, his son running his offense at QB the next 2 years, his good friend as head coach and his health. Also most important, winning! I would bet his stress level is lower as an assistant. Coach Slack will get the Liberty job.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1339395" timestamp="1353689707"]

[/quote]
[/quote]He is having his cake and eating it to. No way he leaves. His wife working with him, his son running his offense at QB the next 2 years, his good friend as head coach and his health. Also most important, winning! I would bet his stress level is lower as an assistant. Coach Slack will get the Liberty job.
[/quot

Edmondson will be back next year so Huckaby will only get to run the offense his Senior year.  The only way he gets to run it two years is if they go to Liberty.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1339816" timestamp="1353718847"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=106621.msg1339395#msg1339395 date=1353689707]

[/quote]
[/quot

Edmondson will be back next year so Huckaby will only get to run the offense his Senior year.  The only way he gets to run it two years is if they go to Liberty.
[/quote]With the addition of Aaron Mosley at WR, Huckaby will be moved to QB and Austin moves to RB. Huckaby has a cannon arm and Mosley is an awesome wr. Makes the team better and tougher to defend against.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1339854" timestamp="1353720380"]
With the addition of Aaron Mosley at WR, Huckaby will be moved to QB and Austin moves to RB. Huckaby has a cannon arm and Mosley is an awesome wr. Makes the team better and tougher to defend against.
[/quote]

I'm not sure about that.  I'm pretty sure that will never happen.  Edmondson would get completely phased out if that happened.  Who is he going to take carries away from?  Herman? Lavalais? Espree? Redmond? Do we even know if Moseley will be here next year?  Liberty has a chance to hire a great coach.  Taylor, Foreman, maybe Huckaby...what keeps him from bouncing back to Liberty if they hire a coach who wants to sling it around.  His buddies will call him and he will have a decisino to make.  I think it's risky to change up everything that has made HD successful this year, to build around one guy who has played two games in a HD uniform.  I mean, we will still be running the slot T.  We are going to remove a QB who runs it perfectly in order to plug in another guy so we can throw three times a game?  I don't think so.  I dont' think the coaches are thinking that far ahead.  They were focused on this game.  I might be wrong, and if i am I will apologize, but this is extremely far fetched.

...not sure what the expectations are in Liberty
coldspring is coldspring
cleveland is a much bigger school with better athletes
huffman has advantages in numbers and facilities
which makes liberty the likely 4th place team every year, hire chuck knoll to coach the team and this is still the reality of it.
add to that an apparent lack of support from administration (wasnt there a thread on here about how they only have like 7 coaches?)
and a lack of community involvement ( ever been to a game? quiet as a church service if anybody bothers to show up)
I thought Deel did a good job for what he had.....Didnt set the world on fire in the win column....but he did genuienly care about the players....which was the most important thing to me as a parent....best of luck to him

[quote name="itslogicalman" post="1340515" timestamp="1353769385"]
...not sure what the expectations are in Liberty
coldspring is coldspring
cleveland is a much bigger school with better athletes
huffman has advantages in numbers and facilities
which makes liberty the likely 4th place team every year, hire chuck knoll to coach the team and this is still the reality of it.
add to that an apparent lack of support from administration (wasnt there a thread on here about how they only have like 7 coaches?)
and a lack of community involvement ( ever been to a game? quiet as a church service if anybody bothers to show up)
I thought Deel did a good job for what he had.....Didnt set the world on fire in the win column....but he did genuinely care about the players....which was the most important thing to me as a parent....best of luck to him
[/quote]Liberty is Liberty,Ive seen 'em come and go.Ive seen some coaches/teachers with high ethics/morals/standards be replaced by others that had lower standards then they too be replaced.Until the people of Liberty stand up and elect a new school board members that have high standards then nothing will ever change.Grant it,there are a couple of SBMs that are great but come on.Do your research when voting because it could have dire consequences if you dont.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin