Liberty's Deel Resigns under pressure

I'll telll you what, with the right coach a town can do wonders. Bout 20 somthing years ago I went hunting with my older brother to a town called Goldthwait. I was blown away at the support the town was giving the football team. Everywhere in town there were signs and shoe polish on glass supporting their team. It was only after that I wanted to know how this team was doing every year. Come to find out, this is a dominate team every year. Liberty not only needs a good coach but someone that will win over the town as well. Make the smart choice and change the mentality of the town. That's where it starts. This is Texas High School Football, baby. And the coach is the Mayor.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1354759" timestamp="1355460290"]
I'll telll you what, with the right coach a town can do wonders. Bout 20 somthing years ago I went hunting with my older brother to a town called Goldthwait. I was blown away at the support the town was giving the football team. Everywhere in town there were signs and shoe polish on glass supporting their team. It was only after that I wanted to know how this team was doing every year. Come to find out, this is a dominate team every year. Liberty not only needs a good coach but someone that will win over the town as well. Make the smart choice and change the mentality of the town. That's where it starts. This is Texas High School Football, baby. And the coach is the Mayor.
[/quote]Best post I have seen in a while. Hull-Daisetta went and did just that, hiring Josh Finney has super charged the total community culture.

[quote name="Scatright" post="1354648" timestamp="1355447028"]
I feel like Chad Taylor is an obvious finalist, if he wants the job.  He would be great.  He is from Liberty, and wasn't he a finalist when Deel got hired? He already showed last year the he is interested in coming back to the area.  Liberty make a lot of sense for him.  The Dayton OC makes sense too.  I"m sure Toby Foreman will apply, as well as Larry Haynes.  All those names make me think that Joe Slack has no chance here.  No swipe at him, he just doesn't have the experience of any of these guys.
[/quote]Politics are never fair or make sense.  ;) Slack is very well thought of in Liberty. Slack gets the job. Just saying.  ;)

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1354870" timestamp="1355502738"]
[quote author=Scatright link=topic=106621.msg1354648#msg1354648 date=1355447028]
I feel like Chad Taylor is an obvious finalist, if he wants the job.  He would be great.  He is from Liberty, and wasn't he a finalist when Deel got hired? He already showed last year the he is interested in coming back to the area.  Liberty make a lot of sense for him.  The Dayton OC makes sense too.  I"m sure Toby Foreman will apply, as well as Larry Haynes.  All those names make me think that Joe Slack has no chance here.  No swipe at him, he just doesn't have the experience of any of these guys.
[/quote]Politics are never fair or make sense.  ;) Slack is very well thought of in Liberty. Slack gets the job. Just saying.  ;)
[/quote]

You failed to realize that Dr. Abshire doesn't care for Slack. Cody and Finney hit it off and it led to the Devers and HD football agreement (which the new Devers super tanked). I say Finney applies, gets the job, Slack goes back to HD, and most unfortunate for everyone, we get to listen to "Coach Chad" on this forum crying about all the glory HD football could have had... The ONLY Slack coaching at Liberty will be Karen.

In all seriousness, its probably Taylor's job if he wants it.

[quote name="hipwader" post="1355221" timestamp="1355539861"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=106621.msg1354870#msg1354870 date=1355502738]
[quote author=Scatright link=topic=106621.msg1354648#msg1354648 date=1355447028]
[/quote]

You failed to realize that Dr. Abshire doesn't care for Slack. Cody and Finney hit it off and it led to the Devers and HD football agreement (which the new Devers super tanked). I say Finney applies, gets the job, Slack goes back to HD, and most unfortunate for everyone, we get to listen to "Coach Chad" on this forum crying about all the glory HD football could have had... The ONLY Slack coaching at Liberty will be Karen.

In all seriousness, its probably Taylor's job if he wants it.
[/quote]LOL. Ole rookie hipwader with a nice 8th post on this site lol. Devers agreement? And yes I been entertaining HD folks on this site for years. I say what other people are thinking and want say. Also I love my Bobcats. Don't hate, appreciate.  ;) ;D :-* 8)

Sorry for the lack of posts. My nephew plays for Liberty and I just joined for game updates. That being said, last spring Abshire and Finney put together a deal where HD agreed to bus Devers JH kids to Dasietta after school for fb practice and games. After the deal was agreed to by the respective school boards, Finney came over and talked to the Devers kids. After Abshire left for Liberty, Devers's new super killed the agreement. For what it's worth, I think it's great that you love your team so much, but please don't hijack threads with the analysis of HD's offensive because I'd venture to say most people who clicked on this topic could give a R'sA about it (although I agree, you fit the system to the talent and not the talent to the system).

[quote name="hipwader" post="1355642" timestamp="1355627825"]
Sorry for the lack of posts. My nephew plays for Liberty and I just joined for game updates. That being said, last spring Abshire and Finney put together a deal where HD agreed to bus Devers JH kids to Dasietta after school for fb practice and games. After the deal was agreed to by the respective school boards, Finney came over and talked to the Devers kids. After Abshire left for Liberty, Devers's new super killed the agreement. For what it's worth, I think it's great that you love your team so much, but please don't hijack threads with the analysis of HD's offensive because I'd venture to say most people who clicked on this topic could give a R'sA about it (although I agree, you fit the system to the talent and not the talent to the system).
[/quote]Good info. Do you think this will hurt HD? Devers kids have always had the choice of HD or Liberty. Devers numbers are always real low. Finney does a good job of cornering the market. Walking driveways and hallways.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1355695" timestamp="1355678174"]
[quote author=hipwader link=topic=106621.msg1355642#msg1355642 date=1355627825]
[/quote]Good info. Do you think this will hurt HD? Devers kids have always had the choice of HD or Liberty. Devers numbers are always real low. Finney does a good job of cornering the market. Walking driveways and hallways.
[/quote]

That's extremely interesting, if it's true.  No one has ever thougth of making a JH football deal with Devers to corner the market on any athletes that could be poached from that part of the area.  This is why Finney is so great.  It's also why we are so lucky to have him.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1355996" timestamp="1355754526"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=106621.msg1355984#msg1355984 date=1355748347]
Well, it will be real difficult for Coach Slack to get the Liberty job, seeing as he did not apply for it.
[/quote]True.
[/quote] Like playing the lottery - gotta have a ticket!

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1361022" timestamp="1357329716"]
[quote author=Scatright link=topic=106621.msg1361020#msg1361020 date=1357329533]
It is eerily quiet around Liberty.
[/quote] Im applying for the job. Were gonna run the pistol-spread O and 3-4 D. were winning state in the first year.  ;)
[/quote]

Baller!

[quote name="Scatright" post="1361041" timestamp="1357337249"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106621.msg1361022#msg1361022 date=1357329716]
[quote author=Scatright link=topic=106621.msg1361020#msg1361020 date=1357329533]
It is eerily quiet around Liberty.
[/quote] Im applying for the job. Were gonna run the pistol-spread O and 3-4 D. were winning state in the first year.  ;)
[/quote]

Baller!
[/quote] I got Dayton on the schedule to replace that beast of a team Bye Week.

I'd love to see the list of applicants.  Someone from the media has to request it, they don't offer that up.  Hopefully someone will do that soon.  You have to think that Toby Foreman and the OC from Dayton are at the top of the list.  Having said that, my gut tells me that Larry Haynes will be in the mix.  Most from Liberty aren't familiar with Foreman or Claus (??), but they are very familiar with Haynes.  That seems to steer the ship at LISD.

[quote name="Scatright" post="1361255" timestamp="1357416426"]
I'd love to see the list of applicants.  Someone from the media has to request it, they don't offer that up.  Hopefully someone will do that soon.  You have to think that Toby Foreman and the OC from Dayton are at the top of the list.  Having said that, my gut tells me that Larry Haynes will be in the mix.  Most from Liberty aren't familiar with Foreman or Claus (??), but they are very familiar with Haynes.  That seems to steer the ship at LISD.
[/quote] My money is on the OC from La Porte  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin