Liberty's Deel Resigns under pressure

I am perfectly able to distinguish the difference between 1950 and 2013. I'm not a one-sided fan who's not a realist. Yes, I am an HD alum and supporter, but I also know the reality of this situation. Liberty has been an winning team in 3A for the last few decades. Have they had any great teams? Not that I can remember. Did they have any teams that unfortunately ran into a state champ or finalist in the first round? Not that I can rember. All i'm saying is that HD's history and tradition is on another level compared to Liberty's. When it comes to wins, playoff appearances, and district championships.... the two schools may be pretty darn close. That doesn't mean that it's the same in the big picture. Have you ever been to a Liberty game in the last 20 years? Very little fan support and for the size of the school, the turnout to the game is terrible. Liberty is not a football town. They've had good teams and great athletes, but it's not the same. I know too many people that have went to both schools, and any of them will say that HD is a football town and Liberty isn't. Guys that I've talked to that played at Liberty and HD all said that Liberty may have had the better team and better players, but the atmosphere was not the same. They said that everyone in Hull-Daisetta cares about the football team and you play thinking you will win every game. They didnt' say that was the case in Liberty. Honestly, that's all HD has, and all they ever will have is a high school football team that's pretty decent every year. Liberty competes well in all sports, probably much better than HD across the board, but that fire is not there. I think a new coach could bring that fire to the kids in school and the players on the team, but nobody is going to turn Liberty into a prideful football town. The roots aren't there. Just my opinion.

And as for HD vs. Liberty. I promise you 100% that over the last 20 years, several years that HD would have won that game. Look at the common opponents like Hardin, Anahauc, and other tweener schools that went back and forth between 2A and 3A and regularly played HD and Liberty. I'm not saying that there wasn't years that the Panthers would have drubbed the Bobcats 50-0, but I promise you there was some years that HD would have came out on top. As far as next year go's, Liberty does not want any of HD. It happens look like this will be a great year going in for HD and another down year for Liberty, but that has been the case in the recent past as well. You could bet that a Libety vs. HD game with 2 classification differences will be much more competitive than a Liberty vs. Dayton game with only one classification seperation.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their Feb. board meeting is coming up soon so they must be close.  I talked with one who interviewed and he was not asked for a second interview.  He stated he hasn't heard any word back from the district accept to be told they were checking references and they were still in the process.  So they have yet to even notify those who are out of the hunt that they are out of the hunt.    They either can't decide, are looking for the lowest bidder or can't get anyone to take the job.

[quote name="dodgeram2013" post="1372136" timestamp="1360449928"]
Their Feb. board meeting is coming up soon so they must be close.  I talked with one who interviewed and he was not asked for a second interview.  He stated he hasn't heard any word back from the district accept to be told they were checking references and they were still in the process.  So they have yet to even notify those who are out of the hunt that they are out of the hunt.    They either can't decide, are looking for the lowest bidder or can't get anyone to take the job.
[/quote] In case you missed this on Pg. 12 QUOTE "the supe wants to present a lone recommendation to trustees at the 2/19 regualr meeting. Dr. Abshier interviewing their top finalist to be sure if they offer the job the selection will accept.  You may be aware that when Hardin hired Walter Fortune it was embarassing when their first two choices turned them down becuae of the pay offer. LHS doesn't want that to happen so they are confirming and will take choice known to board on Feb. 19. END QUOTE

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin