Liberty's Deel Resigns under pressure

Speaking of money, that may be a factor in the overall outcome.  It would be hard to believe that someone would leave a 4A or 5A coordinator job to make the same or less money.  From what I have been told the Head Coaching pay will not be much, but even more important the assistants and coordinators make little of nothing.  So in my opinion, this decision will have to do with not just who the HC is, but who the HC will be able to bring to the table for his staff.  Trust me that is a VERY BIG DEAL!  JMO

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="OldTimer" post="1361633" timestamp="1357597061"]
I admit I find it hard to believe but I was told today from a reliable source that they had over 100 Applicants - that just seems a lot to me.  Hope they find a good one out of that stack.
[/quote] Well hopefully we will know tomorrow... I am just curious to know if the OC from Dayton applied. And if he did, who would take his place, if he got the Liberty job.

[quote name="Scatright" post="1361902" timestamp="1357694030"]
Wouldn't give the names?  Isn't it a law that when requested they have to be given?  Freedom of information act or something like that.
[/quote]
They only have to give the name if they own a gun.

[quote name="Scatright" post="1361902" timestamp="1357694030"]
Wouldn't give the names?  Isn't it a law that when requested they have to be given?  Freedom of information act or something like that.
[/quote] I dunno.. Thats what I was told... Superintendent wouldn't give names.

Liberty is going to get the same type of coach as they had with Deel.  Probably gonna be the guy's 1st HC job.  Gonna be young, slightly inexperienced, very energetic at first.

Here are the reasons:

Liberty is not willing to do what it takes to get a "good" coach.  They're not going to spend the money, they're not going to let the guys hire a big, hand picked staff, they're not going to let the coach spend any money, not going to let the guy update all of the equipment, they're not going to fix that joke of a football stadium, and they're not going to get a guy that's not willing to be a puppet.

So they're going to get another Coach Deel.  Should've just let him stay and saved all of this trouble.

from a reliable source quote: "The makeup of the interview committee,which includes board members, citizens, teachers, principals, superintendent Cody Abshier, and even a couple of students." unquote    IMO there should be NO citizens (probably parents) or students deciding who the AD/HC is going to be.  :o 

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1362409" timestamp="1357842275"]
from a reliable source quote: "The makeup of the interview committee,which includes board members, [b]citizens[/b], [b]teachers[/b], principals, superintendent Cody Abshier, [b]and even a couple of students[/b]." unquote    IMO there should be NO citizens (probably parents) or students deciding who the AD/HC is going to be.  :o
[/quote] Welp, we dont have to worry bout Liberty making the playoffs anytime soon.  ;)

Oh and the reason why the names weren't released was because and i quote the same source "TYPICALLY AT THE HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL THEY DO NOT RELEASE THE NAMES UNTIL TO THE GET TO THE TOP THREE FINALIST. THE REASON IS A LOT OF THESE APPLICANTS COULD JEOPARDIZE THEIR PRESENT JOB IF WHERE THEY ARE WORKING NOW CHOOSES TO GET UPSET BECAUSE THEIR GUY IS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JOB. THEN FOR THOSE THAT DON'T GET THE JOB THEY MAY HAVE HARMED THEIR STATUS WITH THEIR PRESENT DISTRICT.  WE COULD PROBABLY PUSH BUT GENERALLY WE TRY TO RESPECT THOSE APPLICANTS." sorry for all the caps.. But thats how I got the email.. and I wasn't gonna retype it all...  ::)

You must be talking to Bill Buchanan.  He is a notorious all caps typer.  Who cares.  If they don't hire Taylor, Claus, or Foreman, they have made a huge mistake.  If I was Toby, I'd hold out for a Golden Triangle job.  The other two make sense for Liberty.  The situation there is dire, and if they are allowing community members, teachers, and students to have input, it is about to get worse.

[quote name="Scatright" post="1362489" timestamp="1357870658"]
[b]You must be talking to Bill Buchanan[/b].  He is a notorious all caps typer.  Who cares.  If they don't hire Taylor, Claus, or Foreman, they have made a huge mistake.  If I was Toby, I'd hold out for a Golden Triangle job.  The other two make sense for Liberty.  The situation there is dire, and if they are allowing community members, teachers, and students to have input, it is about to get worse.
[/quote] nice guess  ;)  but as for the when the interviews will start and how many applied, was from a different source...  :)

[quote name="OctFeb" post="1362460" timestamp="1357859122"]
Oh and the reason why the names weren't released was because and i quote the same source "TYPICALLY AT THE HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL THEY DO NOT RELEASE THE NAMES UNTIL TO THE GET TO THE TOP THREE FINALIST. THE REASON IS A LOT OF THESE APPLICANTS COULD JEOPARDIZE THEIR PRESENT JOB IF WHERE THEY ARE WORKING NOW CHOOSES TO GET UPSET BECAUSE THEIR GUY IS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JOB. THEN FOR THOSE THAT DON'T GET THE JOB THEY MAY HAVE HARMED THEIR STATUS WITH THEIR PRESENT DISTRICT.  WE COULD PROBABLY PUSH BUT GENERALLY WE TRY TO RESPECT THOSE APPLICANTS." sorry for all the caps.. But thats how I got the email.. and I wasn't gonna retype it all...  ::)
[/quote]

ummm.... Just about every area Head Football opening that I've seen in the last couple of years they've released the list of applicants.  I've seen lists anywhere from 30 to 60 people that have recently applied for high school jobs around here.

Schools don't get upset when 1 of their coaches apply somewhere else.  This is not junior high it is a business.  People better themselves in a business.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1362550" timestamp="1357915940"]
[quote author=OctFeb link=topic=106621.msg1362460#msg1362460 date=1357859122]
[/quote]

ummm.... Just about every area Head Football opening that I've seen in the last couple of years they've released the list of applicants.  I've seen lists anywhere from 30 to 60 people that have recently applied for high school jobs around here.

Schools don't get upset when 1 of their coaches apply somewhere else.  This is not junior high it is a business.  People better themselves in a business.
[/quote]Very true, even HD posted the names. Junior High, good one. lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• Whatever happened to educating people so that they don’t go off the deep end pursuing an incident that shouldn’t be political in the first place? Seems everyone is looking for their “trigger”moment. The dumbing down of America has taken its toll. Anyone who would hold this against her is doing so out of spite and for political gain. Said people need to be ignored.
    • You won’t get an argument from me that this won’t hurt her nationally but I don’t think this will hurt her in SD or even an appointment in a Republican administration.  I’m sure she saw backlash from some, apparently not from folks like you and me, which is significant, but like I said, I appreciate the honesty.
    • Appreciate the confidence.  Why don’t we see how this works out for her.  Going great so far.  She MIGHT be able to get re-elected in South Dakota next election, but if a good candidate runs against her in the Republican primaries she may be in trouble.  I don’t think there’s a chance in hades she gets the VP nomination, and if for some reason Trump is dumb enough to give it to her, his chances of winning are probably over.  On a positive note, maybe DeSantis gets it now?  If they win and do a decent job then we’d have a VP ready to run for president in four years with a good shot of winning.  
    • I honestly don’t have an issue with it.  I grew up around livestock.  We had a neighbor lose nearly 30 animals in a 3-week period before they caught the dogs doing it. Those dogs needed to die.  I was there when my uncle killed a dog that was eating his chickens… didn’t bother me. If one of my dogs ever bites one of my kids it’ll be dead.  Immediately.  But some things are better left unsaid, and probably 90% of the country loves dogs, with only a small fraction of them being able to relate to why she did what she did.  
    • If only she was as politically savvy as you. 🙂
  • Topics