Who in 4a will be out next week

Cougtalk

Who will be playing basketball next week.   

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be playing basketball next week.

• Crosby
    • Barbers Hill
    • Summer Creek
    • Nederland
    • Two
    • Three
    • all four
    • All four are playing with Arnold shaped balls.

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1337541" timestamp="1353376362"]
Since you fine folks have been doubting me in the playoff predictions, go ahead and keep on.  Nederland will lose by 10 and Crosby will get blow out.  SC has a battle on their hands, but a late turnover will save them.  Crosby will flop and lose BIG time.  BH will win by 17.
[/quote]I agree with you most of the time Smoke but not here. Connally averaged 8 pts a game on a combination of Leander, Georgetown, and Manor. They put 46 on Elgin but they're the 4th place team, they also put 33 on Montgomery but I've been trying to tell you guys all year 18-4a was weak this year. Crosby had a track meet in the Magnolia West scrimmage and beat Willis by 50 and put over 600 yards on them so you really can't judge Connally off the Montgomery win. I think Ned gets their usual 20 or 21 and Connally can't. I agree with you on Crosby, we could easily go up there and turn the ball over 4 or 5 times and get blown out. I'm banking you get the Crosby that moved the ball like they did on BH, Dayton, and SC. You're judging us on the Ozen game but you have to remember this was basically the same .500 Ozen that came into Mont Belvieu and put 40 on you last year to continue your one-n-dones. I'm expecting the same kind of defensive effort with a couple more touchdowns vs Manor. I like our chances on holding them to 35 or less. Twins are coming into their own this year, win or lose Austin is going to probably cross the 2,000 yard mark on the season and that's on a team where his brother might cross the 2,000 yard mark passing in the same game. I'll take the twins, the way our defense is playing right now, and Jeff Riordan.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Nederland will advance BH may advance but not 100% sure. I think the Georgetown offense will work over the defense of SC. The real question is can they outscore GT I dont think they can. Could be wrong but dont see it. Nederlands defense will be to much for PC. Why do you SC people hate on Nederland when you have never played them?

SC will BLOW OUT GTown if their DB's are what was seen on tape. We need our defense to play w/ a chip on their shoulders.  If our DB's get a couple picks n can knock down balls, then game over for GTown. Their defense is suspect by the standard set by SC's offense.  They have only seen an offense close to SC's offense while in practice against themselves.

We don't hate Nederland, just think they're over rated like Dayton. It's frustrating to have the possibility of Nederland beating us mentioned in a sentence.  They've had close games w/ teams SC has blown out.  Them 21 points you average can't keep up w/ the 50+ SC will hang on you by half time.

You comments are hard to take seriously when you put more homerness in them than facts. I like serious discussion. I am neither for SC or against. I have picked the dogs every game this season since I watched them play over in Port Neches while that wasnt a real test I saw enough to believe that they would win straight through district. I even have a friend who has a son on your soccer team. I have also studied up on Georgetown and know that they put up huge numbers in the passing and running game. They average 178 yards rushing a game. That is a number you should be concerned with. Considering the weakness to the run SC has in the middle area of the defense. They average around 272 passing yards per game and are very very proficent at it. There QB is dangerous only 4 picks all year if my stats are correct. 2992 yards passing he completeing 185 of 279 for 63%  his lowest yards total was 190 yards. The running game has put up 1886 yards which is impressive considering how much they pass. Defensivly they have 8 interceptions and 11 sacks on the season. This is the best team you have faced this year. This is what I have based my decision on I do have respect for your team but its my opinion that you will not make it past this round. If you do you will earn some of this resect you so desire.

I really think demdogs had you watched Nederland play you would have a different attitude about there team. There defense is the real deal. If you were truely a football fan and not onesided with blinders on then you would appreciate what Nederland has over there is pretty special. I think Nederland would give you a run for your money. I have seen both of you play and also common teams played. There front 7 are beasts. They did everything to Dayton you did but just took a different approach to score than you did. Im not a Nederland fan and would probably favor your team if they played but youd be crazy to discount them. There coach would be the best you have faced this season also.

Their coach better put on some pads.

In all seriousness, I apologize for getting under your skin. I'm enjoying the SC ride to the fullest. Many of my post are one sided but not all.

Gtown seems to be a fine team and have the horses to go deep in the playoffs. I have a lot of inside information about Gtown and how they match up with SC. I'm worried about their offense, but please believe me when I say their defense is suspect. This could turn into a track meet if SC's receivers can run their routes and hold the football. That's not homer talk. That comes from real evaluation. If GTown tries to take away the pass by playing a nickel pass coverage, then I have real concern about SC's ability to win on d ground.

As for Nederland, you just can't convince me that a team that only scored 12 on Vidor regardless of weather or hometown rivalry can hang w/ SC's scoring. You gotta give it up to SC, they looked pretty unstoppable through the air last week.  Nederland is a good team from all I've heard, but I gotta question their offense.  How did Dayton stay in the game w/ them. Dayton isn't anywhere near the team of SC.

This is not trash talk, seriously. This is my grown up opinion.

Dayton did not stay with them...they were down 21-0 and nearly doubled in total yardage...Nederland does not play the same style offense that you guys do...Oregon was pretty impressive offensively until they met Stanford...either way, at this point it really doesn't matter because both teams have plenty to occupy them before we even think of a Nederland/sc matchup...

Razor, some folks just don't know REAL football, this ain't 7 on 7.  They will find out this ain't touch football.  Like you said, wasting your breath trying to help DEMDAWGS see the light, kid has humblegoggles on.  I do hope they make it to find out what real TEXAS football defense is.

Classic sign of an unconfident team searching to build itself up... we don't have to play silly stat/situation games, how many water breaks did your team take during the game against so and so... look, we don't have to wonder about that.  We know exactly what we have over here, I don't think you TRULY do, and you're trying to understandably build yourself up... I can understand that.  We've been here, these kids grew up living this, your high flying offense doesn't mean squat over here.

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1337735" timestamp="1353409638"]
Nedeland would not beat SC or BH, just would not happen.  8)
[/quote]
Hate to say it Ned. fans....smoke is not kidding here. (it's hard to tell sometimes) He's only half right though. Nederland is a good football team for sure. Good enough to beat BH? Prolly so. Good enough to beat SC? Not even close. Good luck in the playoffs and enjoy each moment. 8)

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1337674" timestamp="1353384335"]
Razor, some folks just don't know REAL football, this ain't 7 on 7.  They will find out this ain't touch football.  Like you said, wasting your breath trying to help DEMDAWGS see the light, kid has humblegoggles on.  I do hope they make it to find out what real TEXAS football defense is.
[/quote]Are you saying Vidor's defense sucked? They held y'all to under 300 yards and put up over 300 on your D. Held you to the usual 20 or 21 points y'all score and had a could've won if they could throw a forward pass. Y'all struggled with Vidor where SC looked like they were running wind sprints on them. All SC would have to do is score 22 points to beat Ned.

Some really good points have been made about Nederland.  SC MUST GET BY GTOWN ...it really looks like things could actually get EASIER over the next two games depending how this weekend goes.

That brings me to another point, I'm sorta perplexed by how the opening match ups were drawn.  Shouldn't the best teams (undefeated/district champ) get the easier opponents?  SC sure looks like we got a 1, 2 punch out the gate.  I think Nederland, BH, and Crosby should write SC a thank you letter for taking the tougher opponents in 4A D1 thus far.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1337823" timestamp="1353424518"]
Some really good points have been made about Nederland.  SC MUST GET BY GTOWN ...it really looks like things could actually get EASIER over the next two games depending how this weekend goes.

That brings me to another point, I'm sorta perplexed by how the opening match ups were drawn.  Shouldn't the best teams (undefeated/district champ) get the easier opponents?  SC sure looks like we got a 1, 2 punch out the gate.  I think Nederland, BH, and Crosby should write SC a thank you letter for taking the tougher opponents in 4A D1 thus far.
[/quote]

That's the way the D1 / D2 brackets turned out this year. Enrollment dictated that scenario.

[/quote]

the letter is in the mail...go wait for it

That brings me to another point, I'm sorta perplexed by how the opening match ups were drawn.  Shouldn't the best teams (undefeated/district champ) get the easier opponents?  SC sure looks like we got a 1, 2 punch out the gate.  I think Nederland, BH, and Crosby should write SC a thank you letter for taking the [b]tougher opponents[/b] in 4A D1 thus far.
[/quote]

So how many Vidor teams did you play last week?

[quote name="cougar14" post="1337398" timestamp="1353365068"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=106459.msg1337267#msg1337267 date=1353357368]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106459.msg1337252#msg1337252 date=1353356195]
I know the 20-4a fans hope it's Crosby. If the 3rd place team from 17-4a beats Ned and Crosby beats the second place team from 17-4a its going to look even worse for 20-4a. Manor just beat Connally the last game of the season for 2nd. Ned definitely has the easiest draw. Just putting the SETX on notice though: If Crosby knocks off Manor you can pencil us in for the regional championship against Texas City/FB Marshall winner. There's a report that one of our 3 year starters at LB broke his foot at the end of the game though, if this is true we just lost a big playmaker on defense which we really couldn't afford against a team that can move it like Manor. I still love our chances though.
[/quote]

How so?  we already beat you head-to-head.  Never mind, that's the reason for your post anyway. :)
[/quote]You beat us head to head with in the first game with our new coach and live play-calling. We've progressed since then. We had an ugly loss to Dayton but had more yards than Ned and scored the same 21 points, defense just decided not to come to Liberty County with the rest of the team. Y'all scored 21 on us and put that same 21 on Dayton. I don't think Ned could beat us now, plus you know when we get Ned in the playoffs you can pencil in the W or at least that's how the last couple playoff meetings went. Either way good w this year, see you in Crosby next year . . . . . and y'all know how those games west of the river go. ;)
[/quote]

Nederland would still beat Crosby... and their TWINS... Actually I think the twins brother is better than the twins... Lucky you all went Div. II or Vidor would have shown you how real 20-4A football is played again this year...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder