CROSBY VS MANOR PREDICTIONS

cougar14

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1338130" timestamp="1353448740"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106444.msg1338128#msg1338128 date=1353448405]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106444.msg1338107#msg1338107 date=1353446927]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=106444.msg1338094#msg1338094 date=1353445163]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106444.msg1337862#msg1337862 date=1353427085]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106444.msg1337847#msg1337847 date=1353426184]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106444.msg1336994#msg1336994 date=1353341470]
First this Ozen team is not the same team that BH played last year and we scored 37 on them in regulation not 15. Ozen had Green last year along with #1 RB. I'm just saying if you guys are excited about Ozen taking you into OT then thats your call. Livingston beat Ozen and we shut Livingston COMPLETLY out. The Coogs should have dominated this game from beggining to end ,but keept Ozen in the game with poor play calling and execution. Manor will be a lot better than Ozen, stumble against them and your done.
[/quote]You scored 14 more and gave up 25 more, which one is better? I'll take the 22 and giving up 15 instead of 40 at home. Playcalling wasn't poor, it's just harder to throw passes on Ozen than BH because they actually have dbs that can stay with our receivers. We ran similar plays on BH but the receivers just smoked your dbs and dropped the ball. Yeah, Livingston beat Ozen  and we should have on paper at least dominated them, but that's like me saying BH couldn't move the ball on a weak Dayton defense or Summer Creek. We'll see how BH does against Elgin, spread offense with speed on the edges and a running game. Last two games BH played against a Crosby team like that they gave up 900+ yards and 70 points, good luck though. We both win two more we get to meet in Stallworth and watch Crosby cropdust BH again.
[/quote]

I love how you talk about Dayton and SC vs. BH ... LOL both of those teams dominated your kitty kats while BH played them close without thier starting QB. IF BH and Crosby meet again BH would mop the stadium with that crap yall threw at Ozen ;D ;D ;D Here's to Manor Shutting up Cougar14 (if that is even possible) ;)
[/quote]I think Bh would beat Crosby now also their defense has improved alot after that 1st game , I also think Vidor wouldve beat Nederland if their game wouldve been towards the end of the season. JMO
[/quote]

Yeah , but knuckle head don't see it that way ;D After giving away 35 to Crosby BH only allowed 41 points total through the next 8 games!! Thats a 5 point a game average :o Crosby made Ozen look like a regional finalist last Saturday ;) Hopefully they have gotten all of that out of thier system because it only gets tougher from here. I do hope Crosby advances and good luck to them.
[/quote]First of all, how would you know it only gets tougher from here? You've never seen BH in a second round playoff game. Second, we heard the same story last year from BH when they were talking about the three backs with 600 yards. All I saw was little red lasers running up and down the field. Mirror image of this year and will surely look the same next with senior twins. Good luck to y'all too. We both win two more and y'all get to get another whipping with everybody in the SETX watching, that way everybody can see how non-competetive the prey looks against the predator. Instead of just 300 yards, I think Austin would put 350 on y'all this time though. After next year he's going to be close to 1000 total yards on BH alone.
[/quote]
Well seeing as how bh at least one state title in football (even though it was in a different classification) I would say they have more sense about the playoffs than y'all do kid lmao.
[/quote]

2 State Champs to be correct and Crosby can't hold a candle to the BH football tradition in fact we own the all time wins against the kitty kats and always will ;D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1338134" timestamp="1353448950"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106444.msg1338130#msg1338130 date=1353448740]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106444.msg1338128#msg1338128 date=1353448405]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106444.msg1338107#msg1338107 date=1353446927]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=106444.msg1338094#msg1338094 date=1353445163]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106444.msg1337862#msg1337862 date=1353427085]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106444.msg1337847#msg1337847 date=1353426184]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=106444.msg1336994#msg1336994 date=1353341470]
First this Ozen team is not the same team that BH played last year and we scored 37 on them in regulation not 15. Ozen had Green last year along with #1 RB. I'm just saying if you guys are excited about Ozen taking you into OT then thats your call. Livingston beat Ozen and we shut Livingston COMPLETLY out. The Coogs should have dominated this game from beggining to end ,but keept Ozen in the game with poor play calling and execution. Manor will be a lot better than Ozen, stumble against them and your done.
[/quote]You scored 14 more and gave up 25 more, which one is better? I'll take the 22 and giving up 15 instead of 40 at home. Playcalling wasn't poor, it's just harder to throw passes on Ozen than BH because they actually have dbs that can stay with our receivers. We ran similar plays on BH but the receivers just smoked your dbs and dropped the ball. Yeah, Livingston beat Ozen  and we should have on paper at least dominated them, but that's like me saying BH couldn't move the ball on a weak Dayton defense or Summer Creek. We'll see how BH does against Elgin, spread offense with speed on the edges and a running game. Last two games BH played against a Crosby team like that they gave up 900+ yards and 70 points, good luck though. We both win two more we get to meet in Stallworth and watch Crosby cropdust BH again.
[/quote]

I love how you talk about Dayton and SC vs. BH ... LOL both of those teams dominated your kitty kats while BH played them close without thier starting QB. IF BH and Crosby meet again BH would mop the stadium with that crap yall threw at Ozen ;D ;D ;D Here's to Manor Shutting up Cougar14 (if that is even possible) ;)
[/quote]I think Bh would beat Crosby now also their defense has improved alot after that 1st game , I also think Vidor wouldve beat Nederland if their game wouldve been towards the end of the season. JMO
[/quote]

Yeah , but knuckle head don't see it that way ;D After giving away 35 to Crosby BH only allowed 41 points total through the next 8 games!! Thats a 5 point a game average :o Crosby made Ozen look like a regional finalist last Saturday ;) Hopefully they have gotten all of that out of thier system because it only gets tougher from here. I do hope Crosby advances and good luck to them.
[/quote]First of all, how would you know it only gets tougher from here? You've never seen BH in a second round playoff game. Second, we heard the same story last year from BH when they were talking about the three backs with 600 yards. All I saw was little red lasers running up and down the field. Mirror image of this year and will surely look the same next with senior twins. Good luck to y'all too. We both win two more and y'all get to get another whipping with everybody in the SETX watching, that way everybody can see how non-competetive the prey looks against the predator. Instead of just 300 yards, I think Austin would put 350 on y'all this time though. After next year he's going to be close to 1000 total yards on BH alone.
[/quote]
Well seeing as how bh at least one state title in football (even though it was in a different classification) I would say they have more sense about the playoffs than y'all do kid lmao.
[/quote]

2 State Champs to be correct and Crosby can't hold a candle to the BH football tradition in fact we own the all time wins against the kitty kats and always will ;D
[/quote]
Oh I know. I guess 14 isn't old enough to remember that lmao. Wonder what stats he's gonna talk about now.  ::)

Guest Wagon Wheel
Crosby has been in a state title game. There is some history there. They lost 20-0 to Albany. Recently the Cougars have been pretty solid in the post season.

2003 2nd round
2004 missed playoffs
2005 lost in first round
2006 lost in first round
2007 lost in first round, district champs
2008 2nd round
2009 3rd round, district champs
2010 2nd round
2011 lost in first round
2012 at least second round

[quote name="Eazy" post="1336019" timestamp="1353250332"]
Manor put up 500 yards on Huntsville.  They are a big play team.  You miss, and they are at the house.  Lots of speed, very talented.  Crosby's best win was over Barbers Hill, but that was 2 months ago.  The state ranked teams that they lost to handled them pretty well, and I expect Manor to do the same.  Manor by 21.
[/quote]

TBF we played all our tough games to start the Season. So yeah our biggest win was 2 months ago.

[quote name="Chrcj71" post="1336639" timestamp="1353287709"]
What's they story on Crosby? What type of offense do they run?  Just trying to see what my Mustangs are up against this Saturday.
[/quote]

Crosby Runs a spread system, we run a little more than other teams. Fast Tempo etc. If you've seen sulphur Springs play our HC was there OC when they won State.

Defense plays a multiple D front this year, depends on the offense and whats successful it goes from a 4-2-5 to a 4-4 bear, sometimes its a 3-4. So lots of looks up front.

I'm pretty sure the tricks have been left in the bag as we saw something new on offense vs Ozen when it came to crunch time.

Big playmakers on the Offense are The 3 Walters. WR, RB, QB.

The RB is d1 material without a doubt, the WR is solid, and the QB is undersized but very very explosive with the ball in his hands.

The Defense is pretty fast to the corners, we've been beat by 3 very good teams
Nederland/Dayton/Summer Creek.

Nederland beat us with there Defensive line.

Dayton is in our heads

Summer Creek was just a vastly superior team. (They may win state, that good.)

Thanks for the Run down on Manor... What defense/Offense do you guys run?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1337857" timestamp="1353426774"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106444.msg1337837#msg1337837 date=1353425412]
[quote author=Chrcj71 link=topic=106444.msg1337501#msg1337501 date=1353373666]
This one is gonna be a shoot out. If the Twins from Crosby are as dynamic as you guys say they are, this should be a very close game. Manor has been good against the run ever since the Leander game. That game taught us a lesson about "big boy" football.  We are extremely quick at the skill positions. [b]If Manor cuts out the turnovers and penalties from last week (4 TO's, 16 penalties), we should be able to pull this one out.[/b][/quote]And if we had cut the two redzone turnovers out we would have put up 30+. The first td Ozen had was because of a penalty where we stopped them on 4th and 5 where they tried to hit Brown in the endzone but the Crosby db made a play on it. Ozen got a first down because the Crosby corner on the other side of the field lined up offsides, they got a first down and scored from like the 4 yardline. They should have only had 7 pts had it not been for a cheap penalty. I thought the last fumble at the 5 was a bad call because Aston's arm and head clearly hit the ground first which is the only reason why the ball popped out, so that call cost us another 7 but Aston could have slid instead of jumping over the guys head and probably avoided the turnover. Crosby's offense has never had a problem moving the ball on anybody, anywhere, any time. Our problem has always been defense, penalties and turnovers. Defense put up the second best performance of the year vs Ozen and offense moved it the second most. Aston fumbled, but it was a bad call and you really can't tell him not to go all out in that situation. Next play he would have turned around and handed it to his brother on the 5 yardline and there probably wouldn't be a discussion. Austin put up 200+ yards (most of anybody all year), and Aston should have had around 150 through the air bet he missed Singleton on a post for about a 50 yard td. Ozen didn't have one turnover the whole game besides the fumble on the last play of the game Crosby jumped on in OT. Manor gives us 4 extra possessions and 16 penalties to go with it you can put Crosby in the regional championship.
[/quote]
But but but........if only if only if only...... Lmao you sure love to live in "what if" land a lot kid.
[/quote]

If only... Vidor didn't get beat and you still had something to cheer about

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1338316" timestamp="1353466765"]
[quote author=Chrcj71 link=topic=106444.msg1336639#msg1336639 date=1353287709]
What's they story on Crosby? What type of offense do they run?  Just trying to see what my Mustangs are up against this Saturday.
[/quote]

Crosby Runs a spread system, we run a little more than other teams. Fast Tempo etc. If you've seen sulphur Springs play our HC was there OC when they won State.

Defense plays a multiple D front this year, depends on the offense and whats successful it goes from a 4-2-5 to a 4-4 bear, sometimes its a 3-4. So lots of looks up front.

I'm pretty sure the tricks have been left in the bag as we saw something new on offense vs Ozen when it came to crunch time.

Big playmakers on the Offense are The 3 Walters. WR, RB, QB.

The RB is d1 material without a doubt, the WR is solid, and the QB is undersized but very very explosive with the ball in his hands.

The Defense is pretty fast to the corners, we've been beat by 3 very good teams
Nederland/Dayton/Summer Creek.

Nederland beat us with there Defensive line.

Dayton is in our heads

Summer Creek was just a vastly superior team. (They may win state, that good.)

Thanks for the Run down on Manor... [b]What defense/Offense do you guys run?[/b]
[/quote]

Offense: Spread/ No huddle
Defense: Multiple looks, Base: 3-4

Main Offensive weapons:

RB Owens #25

[url=http://www.hudl.com/athlete/669990/highlights/32912445]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/669990/highlights/32912445[/url]

WR Evans #10

We are not very big on either side of the ball. Team is built on speed.

Google "Manor Mustangs Hudl"

You'll find a few highlights.

Wow Owens made Huntsville look like they where standing around... they where but he obviously made them sure they couldn't win..

That Owens kid reminds me of Austin Last year... a Tremendous burst but can be caught in the open field.

Kids got tremendous balance. Yikes this is going to be a show... Au Walter vs Owens.

I think the X-Factors will be yalls receiver who just goes gets the ball in these highlights, vs Aston Walter's ability to just make plays.

The more i watch the more i see mirror images of one another.

Guest Wagon Wheel
The way Connally played Nederland, I think it's going to be an uphill battle for Crosby against a Manor team that also beat Connally. 17-4A looks stronger than ever this year. I do think Crosby can win but if they are average or worse today, no way they'll win.

[quote name="Wagon Wheel" post="1340432" timestamp="1353750015"]
The way Connally played Nederland, I think it's going to be an uphill battle for Crosby against a Manor team that also beat Connally. 17-4A looks stronger than ever this year. I do think Crosby can win but if they are average or worse today, no way they'll win.
[/quote]

We will See. We did play Nederland about 3 months ago... hopefully if we played them again it'd be a bit closer.

They also beat that Connally team in a close one. Nederland is really good, but 10 points is about what they give-up and 17 is a bit low of a total for them, but they aren't the best offense in the world, they rely on that defense, and that defensive line.

The one thing that Scares me a bit is it seems like Manor gets off their blocks well, but i didn't see a single screen-pass "Defensive highlight" And i wonder if that's one of the things they suffer against, as normally HUDL tapes include atleast a couple big interceptions or huge hits on a screen pass, and they had none... of course its probably just because they didn't play many teams that ran screens.

Also i don't think that Brenham/Huntsville/Montgomery where all that good this year. we all have a common opponent in Willis. and The Cougars couldn't stop scoring on them. 63 vs. 40's for all those teams... I mean the cougars second string scored vs willis.

Manor's Key to the Game will not dropping three balls on the ground and giving them to the Cougars... Because the Cougars like to score on turnovers.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1340378" timestamp="1353738041"]
Dayton Poster have all started hibernation... = a total of 15 poster who still care about 19-4... we lost the 75 from Dayton.
[/quote]out of hibernation. I think bh is the only 19 4a that survives today. Good luck coogs but from what I have been able to find on manor they will be to much for crosby.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86