#1 Navasota vs China Spring prediction?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AkAQuarterHorse" post="1328430" timestamp="1352751648"]
45 to 7 Navasota has the best defense in the state hands down. They flat out upended Coldsprings earlier during the season.
[/quote]

Well, looky here.  A Navasota fan suddenly appearing to stir the pot.  Gets a little boring at the downlow, doesn't it?  Welcome to our "regional" chat.  I suggest you introduce yourself gradually rather than blowing a trumpet on your first thread. 

Nothing against the Rattlers defense, but they certainly benefitted from Coldspring coughing up the football a few times. 

I think they'll beat China Spring convincingly. 

As for the state's best defense...we'll (hopefully) see about that in round four.  Best wishes against China Spring.  WO-S is looking forward to Cleveland this week. 

Navasota is the best 3a team in the state. They have so many weapons on both sides of the ball. I really don't seeing anyone beating them. Wos D might be able to slow their O down a bit, but I don't believe Wos will have the O needed to win, but who knows? I've been wrong before, but I will be very surprised if they even come close to losing.

Through 9 games:

45.4 ppg
308 passing ypg
148 rushing ypg
32 passing TDs (only 4 pics)
18 rushing TDs
4.7 points allowed pg
4 shutouts

:)we all should know  that stats look good on paper but on the field its a diffrent story. ok your #1 in the state in 3a very good thats just a number  sports writters haft to give someone you were next in line smiles. ok now for the your recivers i feel sure thay must be good becouse you said so funny things happen on friday nights as i am sure you know in closeing  we will see you soon COUNT ON IT

[quote name="griff" post="1328687" timestamp="1352768283"]
[quote author=AkAQuarterHorse link=topic=106192.msg1328430#msg1328430 date=1352751648]
45 to 7 Navasota has the best defense in the state hands down. They flat out upended Coldsprings earlier during the season.
[/quote]

Well, looky here.  A Navasota fan suddenly appearing to stir the pot.  Gets a little boring at the downlow, doesn't it?  Welcome to our "regional" chat.  I suggest you introduce yourself gradually rather than blowing a trumpet on your first thread. 

Nothing against the Rattlers defense, but they certainly benefitted from Coldspring coughing up the football a few times. 

As for the state's best defense...we'll (hopefully) see about that in round four.  Best wishes against China Spring.  WO-S is looking forward to Cleveland this week.
[/quote]

I'm sure that Rattler Defense had something to do with Coldspring coughing up the ball.  And, you don't become a good team unless you make the other team pay for those turnovers.

This thread is already turning into a Navasota vs. WO-S thread...unfortunately.  Both teams need to EARN the right to make it that far (4th round).  That's a whole month away and no guaratees it will even happen.  Right now, WO-S has their eyes fixed on Cleveland.  Let's see if both teams can take care of business with what's in front of them this week.  Thank goodness WO-S has a coaching staff that will see to it that Cleveland is the ONLY team they are focused on.

[quote name="skipper" post="1328716" timestamp="1352770354"]
:)we all should know  that stats look good on paper but on the field its a diffrent story. ok your #1 in the state in 3a very good thats just a number  sports writters haft to give someone you were next in line smiles. ok now for the your recivers i feel sure thay must be good becouse you said so funny things happen on friday nights as i am sure you know in closeing  we will see you soon COUNT ON IT
[/quote]

I'm taking it that you have never seen Navasota play. 

[quote name="griff" post="1328725" timestamp="1352770682"]
This thread is already turning into a Navasota vs. WO-S thread...unfortunately.  Both teams need to EARN the right to make it that far (4th round).  That's a whole month away and no guaratees it will even happen.  Right now, WO-S has their eyes fixed on Cleveland.  Let's see if both teams can take care of business with what's in front of them this week.  Thank goodness WO-S has a coaching staff that will see to it that Cleveland is the ONLY team they are focused on.
[/quote]

I agree with that.  Good Luck going foward.  But, man, Navasota vs WOS would be a hella game.

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1328728" timestamp="1352770771"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=106192.msg1328716#msg1328716 date=1352770354]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I have seen Navasota play.

[quote name="j_dog" post="1328734" timestamp="1352771010"]
[quote author=Rattler99 link=topic=106192.msg1328728#msg1328728 date=1352770771]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=106192.msg1328716#msg1328716 date=1352770354]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I have seen Navasota play.
[/quote]

Early on, I was really worried about the offensive line.  They've gotten better.  Due to a weak district, I am not sure exactly how much better.  I guess we will see starting this Thursday.

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1328724" timestamp="1352770656"]
[quote author=griff link=topic=106192.msg1328687#msg1328687 date=1352768283]
[quote author=AkAQuarterHorse link=topic=106192.msg1328430#msg1328430 date=1352751648]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm sure that Rattler Defense had something to do with Coldspring coughing up the ball.  And, you don't become a good team unless you make the other team pay for those turnovers.
[/quote]

No denying that, but the poster said Navasota has the best defense in the state and used the Coldspring game as his example.  I am familiar with Navasota's football program because of a friend who lives in there, knows Coach Fedora, has a son who played there and a wife who teaches in the district.  Every year we compare notes on each team.  We never thought our teams would possibly be on a collision course because Navasota has always played in D1 and WO-S always in D2.  As tempted as I am to talk about this possible matchup, I really want to wait and see how things play out in the brackets.  Upsets can and will happen almost every year.  Like I said earlier...both teams have to EARN their way.

[quote name="griff" post="1328737" timestamp="1352771261"]
[quote author=Rattler99 link=topic=106192.msg1328724#msg1328724 date=1352770656]
[quote author=griff link=topic=106192.msg1328687#msg1328687 date=1352768283]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No denying that, but the poster said Navasota has the best defense in the state and used the Coldspring game as his example.  I am familiar with Navasota's football program because of a friend who lives in there, knows Coach Fedora, has a son who played there and a wife who teaches in the district.  Every year we compare notes on each team.  We never thought our teams would possibly be on a collision course because Navasota has always played in D1 and WO-S always in D2.  As tempted as I am to talk about this possible matchup, I really want to wait and see how things play out in the brackets.  Upsets can and will happen almost every year.  Like I said earlier...both teams have to EARN their way.
[/quote]

Got ya.  I am wouldn't go that far and say that Navasota has the best defenses in the state.  They do however play very well as a unit.  Honestly, all I care about is a W... 

Now, considering what WOS has done, I sit back in amazement...

[quote name="Cover 2 Wild Rattler" post="1328676" timestamp="1352767711"]
Wo-s would get exposed by Navasota they have never seen receiving core like the Rattlers.
[/quote]

Please honestly watch these highlights and tell me has Navasota been up against DB's this good. I seriously doubt it these three are among the best in the state all commited to D-1 schools, They have only given up 2pass tds all season as a group

Quentin Tezeno Utep Commit
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/936342/bubba-tezeno#.UJ18d2gL1lo.email

J'Marcus Rhodes SMU Commit
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/936346/jmarcus-rhodes#.UJ1-PR_8P0M.email

Travon Blanchard Baylor Commit
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/934113/travon-blanchard#.TqcmuSc4FFo.email

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder