Terry Rangers vs GCM Patriots

Guest UHCoog14

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="fwoodfan" post="1327318" timestamp="1352645279"]
Several things:

1. I'm pretty sure grade check at the three weeks is a regain eligibility only. Also, grades cut off on Friday's and apply to the following week.  Unless there is some specific district policy in addition to UIL.

2. I think GCM can beat Terry, but they will need a great defensive performance. As I'm sure you know, Friendswood narrowly beat Terry early in the season, but Terry put up some big numbers and were a dropped two point conversion away from tying the game late.

3. GCM's defense held Friendswood to one of their lowest point totals of the season, so their Defense is capable of playing well.  Terry can score from anywhere, but makes mistakes if on the field too long.
[/quote]

In reguard to the grade issuse, the Terry people did not want to play after Thursday because of grades. I am not aware of thier grading calander. All districts are different. They won that coin toss and here we are.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1328085" timestamp="1352730747"]
[quote author=fwoodfan link=topic=106057.msg1327318#msg1327318 date=1352645279]
Several things:

1. I'm pretty sure grade check at the three weeks is a regain eligibility only. Also, grades cut off on Friday's and apply to the following week.  Unless there is some specific district policy in addition to UIL.

2. I think GCM can beat Terry, but they will need a great defensive performance. As I'm sure you know, Friendswood narrowly beat Terry early in the season, but Terry put up some big numbers and were a dropped two point conversion away from tying the game late.

3. GCM's defense held Friendswood to one of their lowest point totals of the season, so their Defense is capable of playing well.  Terry can score from anywhere, but makes mistakes if on the field too long.
[/quote]

In reguard to the grade issuse, the Terry people did not want to play after Thursday because of grades. I am not aware of thier grading calander. All districts are different. They won that coin toss and here we are.
[/quote]

The grade check I was referring too is a UIL grade check set by UIL.  Still pretty sure its a regain eligibility only.

[quote name="GCMproud" post="1331010" timestamp="1352985965"]
GAMEDAY PATS, time to go and take it
[/quote]Do any GCM fans go to practice? I was watching them practice from upstairs at my house yesterday and trying to pick out Grandberry but couldn't help but notice the overall size of the team. You can tell GCM is barely under that 5a limit right now and with all the new building going on by my house y'all could be bigger than Sterling in a few years. GCM has some good looking athletes out there right now but what ever happened to Jamar Gibson?

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="cougar14" post="1331179" timestamp="1352995932"]
[quote author=GCMproud link=topic=106057.msg1331010#msg1331010 date=1352985965]
[/quote]Do any GCM fans go to practice? I was watching them practice from upstairs at my house yesterday and trying to pick out Grandberry but couldn't help but notice the overall size of the team. You can tell GCM is barely under that 5a limit right now and with all the new building going on by my house y'all could be bigger than Sterling in a few years. GCM has some good looking athletes out there right now but what ever happened to Jamar Gibson?
[/quote]

Size as in numbers? That was JV and Varsity mixed. But yes, they will be 5A soon beacuse of the demographic shift in Baytown.

Size as in "big"? They do have more size than usual, but still undersized compared to most schools they play.

Let's just say Jamar is no longer on the team and leave it at that.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1331179" timestamp="1352995932"]
[/quote]

Where is there a house close enough by that you can watch their practice?  They practice behind the school which is behind the tennis courts.  Springfield is in front of the school.  There is a neighborhood to the west but that is across several fields.
I think we are actually lacking physical size compared to most teams we play.  As far as size in numbers i think they could be larger but it is easier to walk the halls then conform to a certain rules.  To many want things given to them rather than earned.  Hopefully starting a winning tradition like tonight will show the kids that the hard work and discipline pay off.

[quote name="GCMproud" post="1331237" timestamp="1352999191"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106057.msg1331179#msg1331179 date=1352995932]
[/quote]

Where is there a house close enough by that you can watch their practice?  They practice behind the school which is behind the tennis courts.  Springfield is in front of the school.  There is a neighborhood to the west but that is across several fields.
I think we are actually lacking physical size compared to most teams we play.  As far as size in numbers i think they could be larger but it is easier to walk the halls then conform to a certain rules.  To many want things given to them rather than earned.  Hopefully starting a winning tradition like tonight will show the kids that the hard work and discipline pay off.
[/quote]I live southwest of the school on the backside of Springfield and can see the whole practice field from my upstairs den and all three bedrooms. My windows back up to the south side of Wallisville and that field right west of the school. I watch them practice sometime when I don't work too late and some of the Gentry kids come over and play with my son and they name the GCM players out there. I asked one of the Gentry players about Gibson but they didn't really know who that was. I was looking for Grandberry yesterday and just noticed how big the players were. It could be like you said and just all the players mixed in though.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1331186" timestamp="1352996331"]
[/quote]

Size as in numbers? That was JV and Varsity mixed. But yes, they will be 5A soon beacuse of the demographic shift in Baytown.

Size as in "big"? They do have more size than usual, but still undersized compared to most schools they play.

[b]Let's just say Jamar is no longer on the team and leave it at that[/b].
[/quote] smh, again? guess he doesnt want to go to college for free.  :-\

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="cougar14" post="1331373" timestamp="1353005120"]
[quote author=GCMproud link=topic=106057.msg1331237#msg1331237 date=1352999191]
[/quote]

[/quote]I live southwest of the school on the backside of Springfield and can see the whole practice field from my upstairs den and all three bedrooms. My windows back up to the south side of Wallisville and that field right west of the school. I watch them practice sometime when I don't work too late and some of the Gentry kids come over and play with my son and they name the GCM players out there. I asked one of the Gentry players about Gibson but they didn't really know who that was. I was looking for Grandberry yesterday and just noticed how big the players were. It could be like you said and just all the players mixed in though.
[/quote]

Jamar went to Highlands Jr. Should have gone to GCM day 1, but his brother lived in the RSS district and he went there.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1331416" timestamp="1353006864"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106057.msg1331373#msg1331373 date=1353005120]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Jamar went to Highlands Jr. Should have gone to GCM day 1, but his brother lived in the RSS district and he went there.
[/quote]Is it safe to assume he won't go to college? That would be two years in a row the top rated A&M prospect from Baytown has issues. Do you know what happened to Javeon Richardson last year?

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="cougar14" post="1331443" timestamp="1353009101"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=106057.msg1331416#msg1331416 date=1353006864]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106057.msg1331373#msg1331373 date=1353005120]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Is it safe to assume he won't go to college? That would be two years in a row the top rated A&M prospect from Baytown has issues. Do you know what happened to Javeon Richardson last year?
[/quote]

Never say never. He has a ton of ability. He could go the JUCO route if he gets his head on straight.

Jaevon went to Blinn and Red Shirted due to the knee injury he sustained last year. I have not heard if he is still there.

atm is actually 0-3 in Baytown lately. Nelson from RSS transferred to Sam Houston State after his freshman year at atm. He is doing very well there this year. Sam is a better fit for him IMO.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty