NEWTON AT HARDIN BROADCAST/Newton wins 63-7!

WOSgrad

The Newton Eagles continue their drive for the District 10-2A-I championship as they take on the Hardin Hornets!  W.T. Johnston's Eagles, 8-0 on the season and 5-0 in district, come off of a 41-6 victory over Anahuac last Friday.  Meanwhile, Walter Fortune's Hornets, 1-7 on the season and 0-5 in district, come off of a 21-12 loss to Warren last week.

Join Bobby Fillyaw, Donnie Meek and John Meek for all of the action from Hornet Stadium in Hardin beginning at 7:05 pm by tuning into KTXJ 102.7 FM or by clicking on the following link:

http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/Audio/2012-2013/Football/SETX/Newton.htm

Newton played a heck of a game.  Too much speed for Hardin to handle.  Hornets, get in the weight room and do what you need to do to get to the next level.  It probably didn't get noticed, but several Hornets played pretty well last night.  Keep working and your efforts will be rewarded.

True, weight room it is.  Coach Fortune will get these boys in there.  This is the 1st season in years, weight room has been mandatory, and there will be a dedicated off season to it.  Players have to get I there on their own time and in summer if they want to be successful. 

[quote name="hardin01" post="1318991" timestamp="1351988388"]
Coach un-Fortune-ate will not get "anything" going in the right direction.

You sound like an Obama supporter. This is why he was 3rd favorite for the job, but our board failed us.

Josh Sadler, or Slack should have been hired.

[color=red][b]This guy (Fortune) wants to WIN with the WING T offense? This is not 1980.[/b][/color]
[/quote]
You just got hammered 63 to 7 by the wing T with variations. Since 1980 Newton has played in three state title games winning 2 of those with the wing T. One each in 3A and 2A. The latest in 2A in 2005, which is the most recent title for anyone in the golden triangle area. Maybe you might try giving the guy a chance since Hardin consistently lost using the spread in previous years. How much worse can it get? It might even get better with some weight lifting and conditioning in the off season. Just an observation from an outsider.

I thought Hardin was trying to do the right things against Newton. But they didn't work out. Geez, at least give the new guy a chance. It just sounded to me like hardin01 has an ax to grind and he doesn't know much of what he is talking about. He did not recognize the wing T was what Newton was running and have run for 30+ years, and have had a little success with you might say, he might need to study his X's and O's a little better. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder