LIVINGSTON AT VIDOR BROADCAST/Vidor wins 42-21!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Vidor all the best!!!  However will they ever ditch the short sighted goal of winning games and district games for the bigger prize?  I might be wrong but in my opinion a 4A team will not win state relying on the run.  Someone will either shut them down or put them too far behind to catch up.  There are too many high powered offenses out there.

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1318032" timestamp="1351913521"]
I wish Vidor all the best!!!  However will they ever ditch the short sighted goal of winning games and district games for the bigger prize?  I might be wrong but in my opinion a 4A team will not win state relying on the run.  Someone will either shut them down or put them too far behind to catch up.  There are too many high powered offenses out there.
[/quote]
It has been a couple of years but if I am not mistaken (and I am know I am not) Texas City won a state championship with running the ball the entire game in the Championship. Therefore a 4A CAN AND HAS won STATE RELYING ON THE RUN....just saying do your research....believe Texas City's motto that year was something along the lines of "Better stop the run, because we pass for fun"

Well I have no voice left!!! Great win tonight Pirates!!!! I tell you what, Livingston has some trashy, trashy boys. You don't grab yourself as you walk off the field, you can tell they get their ugliness from their coach though! Oh and Collins is a dirty player too when he's on defense!! PLAYOFFS BABY!!

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1318051" timestamp="1351913987"]
Ok...hang your hat on the anomle.  I just wish a team that has this much talent wasnt this one dimensional.  Just saying...do your research....MOST teams that only run aren't that fortunate.
[/quote]
Why change what you are good at? Do the Houston Texans rely soley on Defense as the Ravens do? No the rely on what they are good at Offense. Does the Big 12 rely on Defense as the SEC does, no they rely on Offense. Go with what works for your team. Why change what you are to suit the norm? Doesn't make much sense to me...

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1318053" timestamp="1351914013"]
im watching the highlights. wth was up with the unsportsmanlike plays? thats unlike Livingston. im shocked.
[/quote]
My nephew had players spitting in his face, on two different occasions players grabbing his privates and twisting during the game. Then during the hand shakes afterwards another player spit in his face. Beyond the point of trashy and horrible sportsmanship. As stated earlier this team does not belong with the rest of 20-4A!

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1318064" timestamp="1351914303"]
I agree play to your strengths......but dont get hard headed.  Most good defenses are geared to stop the run first.
[/quote]
Definitely agree!!! But they are geared to stopping the run 40-60% of plays not 95-97% of plays. Big difference in how that wears down a defense

[quote name="jmoore" post="1318065" timestamp="1351914337"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=105603.msg1318053#msg1318053 date=1351914013]
im watching the highlights. wth was up with the unsportsmanlike plays? thats unlike Livingston. im shocked.
[/quote]
My nephew had players spitting in his face, on two different occasions players grabbing his privates and twisting during the game. Then during the hand shakes afterwards another player spit in his face. Beyond the point of trashy and horrible sportsmanship. As stated earlier this team does not belong with the rest of 20-4A!
[/quote]wow :o