WOS Jr. High VS BC Jr. High

[quote name="White Boy" post="1316538" timestamp="1351826270"]
24-22. Score Keeper needs to be SHOT
[/quote]Come on dont blame the score keeper. Both teams play'd a great game tonight. The better team won tonight. Wos was down 22 to 8 entering the 4th quarter and u tell me the scorekeeper blew the game for BC to lose 24 to 22.  Last year when BC won it wasn't any excuses. Now that BC lose u have all the excuses in the world. I was always told its easy to blame someone else. Why dont u blame your coaching staff? Please don't take away the great come back win from WOS?

WOW,what a game..., it was a very physical,hard fought game,and well played by both teams.Congrats to WO-S on the Win!,but say what you want to,there were no issues with the clock,until that game,and I was there for all 3 games!,Can't wait until next year! Gonna be more great games to come out of this rivalry.

[quote name="JWB" post="1316612" timestamp="1351851350"]
WOW,what a game..., it was a very physical,hard fought game,and well played by both teams.Congrats to WO-S on the Win!,but say what you want to,there were no issues with the clock,until that game,and I was there for all 3 games!,Can't wait until next year! Gonna be more great games to come out of this rivalry.
[/quote]JWB u telling me that the score keeper cost BC the game as well? BC fans always full of excuses. See u next year buddy!

I didnt say it cost us the game!!!Can you read?....Y'all played hard,and got a big turnover at the end!...Congrats on the W!,No excuses,but you know as well as I do,that the clock wasn't being operated right,and the refs finally caught on to it too!,but about 3 mins too late! In the end a win is a win....hopefully we'll play in BC next season,we got a REAL score board operator ;)

Guest TX_RENEGADES
[quote name="JWB" post="1316678" timestamp="1351861888"]
I didnt say it cost us the game!!!Can you read?....Y'all played hard,and got a big turnover at the end!...Congrats on the W!,No excuses,but you know as well as I do,that the clock wasn't being operated right,and the refs finally caught on to it too!,but about 3 mins too late! In the end a win is a win....hopefully we'll play in BC next season,[size=24pt]we got a REAL score board operator [/size] ;)
[/quote]

x2

[quote name="SETX_RENEGADES" post="1316764" timestamp="1351866578"]
[quote author=JWB link=topic=105457.msg1316678#msg1316678 date=1351861888]
I didnt say it cost us the game!!!Can you read?....Y'all played hard,and got a big turnover at the end!...Congrats on the W!,No excuses,but you know as well as I do,that the clock wasn't being operated right,and the refs finally caught on to it too!,but about 3 mins too late! In the end a win is a win....hopefully we'll play in BC next season,[size=24pt]we got a REAL score board operator [/size] ;)
[/quote]

x2
[/quote]I expect excuses from all BC Fans!..👍

[quote name="WOS 98" post="1316793" timestamp="1351868129"]
[quote author=SETX_RENEGADES link=topic=105457.msg1316764#msg1316764 date=1351866578]
[quote author=JWB link=topic=105457.msg1316678#msg1316678 date=1351861888]
[/quote]

x2
[/quote]I expect excuses from all BC Fans!..
[/quote]

I kinda have to agree with the scoreboard keeper problem.  No, I'm not a BC parent.  As you can see, I am a VERY proud mom to #79 from WOS (7th grade; A team).  The clock was running when it shouldn't have been.  Wasn't running when it should have been.  I don't know what happened in the 8th grade game because we left shortly after the first play and #22 from BC made that awesome run for a touchdown.

I really do wish that problem would get addressed and fixed before the next season.

[quote name="Cheater" post="1317274" timestamp="1351899573"]
Why blame the coaches? The coaches called a great game. The refs should've taken control of the clock sooner. It was a factor.
[/quote]Y blame the scorekeeper? I was just making a excuse to blame yall coaching staff like yall blaming the scorekeeper... lol WOSMS 8th Grade A Team Wins! I see that lose for BC fans is a tough one to swallow. Espically when u winning 22 to 8 entering the 4th Quarter. I can have a bunch of excuses 4 us losing last year, but us WOS fans dont do that. When we lose, we just take it and work on the negative things that hurt us to lose and build on them and come back stronger. I'll see y'all next year! Great game by both teams! But we gonna blame it on the scorekeeper for BC lose!...

I understand the anger. But all the time was put back on the clock. BC had another possession to score, and the Stallions D stuffed them to win the game. The clock issue was fixed . It actually was the refs fault cause on that kickoff they didn't signal a fair catch and our kids and the BC kids just kinda stood there staring at one another. Then 14-15 seconds later they blew the whistle. Great game!!! Two years in a row, 2 fantastic games.

We won in regulation, we couldn't protect our lead in the extended period. 

Nah, the entire second half, when the Stangs were behind, the clock would stop after every play.... regardless of who had the ball, if the play never went out of bounds, time out wasn't  called, no first down made, or anything.... clock would stop and then not restart until the ref spotted the ball, noticed the clock stopped, and windmilled until the qb was under center.  I'm sure the ump had to ice his shoulder Thursday night from swinging that thing over and over, trying to get the timekeeper to get it moving again (when the stangs were behind, that is...). That's when the timekeeper would restart the clock.  There was an easy 12-15 seconds that WEREN'T run off of the clock after every play while the stangs were behind.  Then, when we didn't protect the ball and lost our lead with 1:57 left in the game, suddenly the timekeeper can't figure out how to stop the clock from spinning.  They had to put time BACK on the clock 3 times in the final 1:57 seconds.  If you have 15 or so errors in the timekeeping, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF WHICH FAVORS THE MUSTANGS...... well, it is what it is.

We get it, WOS... the timekeeper was just giving his 112%, too. Too bad that one adult couldn't keep things in perspective.

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1320580" timestamp="1352127893"]
We won in regulation, we couldn't protect our lead in the extended period. 

Nah, the entire second half, when the Stangs were behind, the clock would stop after every play.... regardless of who had the ball, if the play never went out of bounds, time out wasn't  called, no first down made, or anything.... clock would stop and then not restart until the ref spotted the ball, noticed the clock stopped, and windmilled until the qb was under center.  I'm sure the ump had to ice his shoulder Thursday night from swinging that thing over and over, trying to get the timekeeper to get it moving again (when the stangs were behind, that is...). That's when the timekeeper would restart the clock.  There was an easy 12-15 seconds that WEREN'T run off of the clock after every play while the stangs were behind.  Then, when we didn't protect the ball and lost our lead with 1:57 left in the game, suddenly the timekeeper can't figure out how to stop the clock from spinning.  They had to put time BACK on the clock 3 times in the final 1:57 seconds.  If you have 15 or so errors in the timekeeping, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF WHICH FAVORS THE MUSTANGS...... well, it is what it is.

We get it, WOS... the timekeeper was just giving his 112%, too. Too bad that one adult couldn't keep things in perspective.
[/quote]
At the end of the day WOS wins! That games is behind us we focusing on Winning District this week! See BC next year!

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1320918" timestamp="1352145841"]
I'll promise you this, WOS98.  You don't have to worry about your kids getting cheated like that if y'all play in our house next year.  But then again, that's why even Dan Hooks chooses to live in Bridge City.
[/quote]
Excuses, excuses and my boy play on the 8th grade team! Hey who cares where Dan Hooks stays? Seems to me you're the only one that cares.. Lol. Last time I check Coach Thompson was the coach @ the House that Dan Ray built! Matter fact y don't y'all bring Hooks out of Retirement to be BC Coach?

[quote name="WOS 98" post="1320937" timestamp="1352147296"]
[quote author=mikelbene link=topic=105457.msg1320918#msg1320918 date=1352145841]
I'll promise you this, WOS98.  You don't have to worry about your kids getting cheated like that if y'all play in our house next year.  But then again, that's why even Dan Hooks chooses to live in Bridge City.
[/quote]
Excuses, excuses and my boy play on the 8th grade team! Hey who cares where Dan Hooks stays? Seems to me you're the only one that cares.. Lol. Last time I check Coach Thompson was the coach @ the House that Dan Ray built! [b]Matter fact y don't y'all bring Hooks out of Retirement to be BC Coach?[/b][/quote]

Hey now there's an idea!

[quote name="XDOG" post="1321172" timestamp="1352162753"]
[quote author=WOS 98 link=topic=105457.msg1320937#msg1320937 date=1352147296]
[quote author=mikelbene link=topic=105457.msg1320918#msg1320918 date=1352145841]
[/quote]
Excuses, excuses and my boy play on the 8th grade team! Hey who cares where Dan Hooks stays? Seems to me you're the only one that cares.. Lol. Last time I check Coach Thompson was the coach @ the House that Dan Ray built! [b]Matter fact y don't y'all bring Hooks out of Retirement to be BC Coach?[/b][/quote]

Hey now there's an idea!
[/quote
I know but it probably wouldn't help!... Lol

[quote name="JWB" post="1316612" timestamp="1351851350"]
[/quote]

There were issues with the clock during all three games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder