Splendora at Tarkington Game Thread/Splendora wins 41-6!

WOSgrad

[quote name="TeamJag-US" post="1313163" timestamp="1351459693"]
[quote author=TROJANSWIN link=topic=105287.msg1313158#msg1313158 date=1351459319]
[quote author=sports fan 9 link=topic=105287.msg1313015#msg1313015 date=1351444042]
Wow!  Team on the rise huh???
[/quote]
Sadly, in comparison to past years, this is an improvement.
[/quote]

??? How exactly?
[/quote]
Tarkington actually won a game this year.  In past years they have had 0 wins

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1313165" timestamp="1351459839"]
[quote author=TeamJag-US link=topic=105287.msg1313163#msg1313163 date=1351459693]
[quote author=TROJANSWIN link=topic=105287.msg1313158#msg1313158 date=1351459319]
[quote author=sports fan 9 link=topic=105287.msg1313015#msg1313015 date=1351444042]
[/quote]
[/quote]

??? How exactly?
[/quote]
[/quote]

That is not an improvement in program, that is an improvement in schedule. Did they play better in the first 4 games? Sure, but they didn't maintain that at all and more importantly didn't improve on what worked. That's a system failure not a player personnel issue. Of course you're entitled to think otherwise as I am entitled to think not so we'd just go back and forth all day, I just don't understand why this level of poor performance is defended by "well its bad, but better than the pathetic state it was allowed to slide to" and "give it yet ANOTHER year". It's that mentality that has put them here. That complacency will keep them there.

There were multiple win seasons in 08 and 09 (ok, 2 wins each) with at least one district win in each. So "improved over" 10-11 is not saying much even IF it's true.

[quote name="TeamJag-US" post="1313188" timestamp="1351461862"]
[quote author=TROJANSWIN link=topic=105287.msg1313165#msg1313165 date=1351459839]
[quote author=TeamJag-US link=topic=105287.msg1313163#msg1313163 date=1351459693]
[/quote]
[/quote]

??? How exactly?
[/quote]
[/quote]

That is not an improvement in program, that is an improvement in schedule. Did they play better in the first 4 games? Sure, but they didn't maintain that at all and more importantly didn't improve on what worked. That's a system failure not a player personnel issue. Of course you're entitled to think otherwise as I am entitled to think not so we'd just go back and forth all day, I just don't understand why this level of poor performance is defended by "well its bad, but better than the pathetic state it was allowed to slide to" and "give it yet ANOTHER year". It's that mentality that has put them here. That complacency will keep them there.

There were multiple win seasons in 08 and 09 (ok, 2 wins each) with at least one district win in each. So "improved over" 10-11 is not saying much even IF it's true.
[/quote]

Those from Tarkington have noticed the improvement.  Lower levels are performing good.  It will translate to future success, comparatively speaking.

Yeah, I believe the current crop of sophomores(i believe alot are on varsity) are all kids who were in 7th grade when Carpenter got there, and are the first group of kids that have been truly developed at the Jr. High level by him and his staff. For sophomores on varsity they seem to be doing well. So yes, I would say definitely an improvement.

[quote name="sports fan 9" post="1313354" timestamp="1351473819"]
So in two years when the sophomore are seniors they will compete for a playoff spot?
[/quote]

That would be nice but for now just competing for a DISTRICT WIN would be nice. Lower levels have been doing "good" for a number of years, it's always "next year".

To say Tarkington has made no improvement is silly. they may not be as competitive as people once thought they were, but it's not a easy path to correcting many years of losing. I see improvements, not just the varsity level, but especially on the JV, freshman and Middle school level. I think they've got a shot to be real competitive in a few years if they keep at it. those boys work hard and play harder that's something that's never in doubt watching them play on Friday nights. Sometimes you can't just go by W's and L's. They'll improve to start getting more W's and less L's in the future.

I will agree the kids do play hard and give effort.  Correct me if I'm wrong...most small schools have their better freshmen and sophomore on varsity so its hard to judge the JV teams.  It just seems the progress is talked about  but doesn't show on the field.  It sure didn't take Shepherd long to turn it around.

[quote name="sports fan 9" post="1313927" timestamp="1351537803"]
I will agree the kids do play hard and give effort.  Correct me if I'm wrong...most small schools have their better freshmen and sophomore on varsity so its hard to judge the JV teams.  It just seems the progress is talked about  but doesn't show on the field.  It sure didn't take Shepherd long to turn it around.
[/quote]
Ha comparing Tarkington to any school in the state let alone district doesn't really apply. Shepherd has had good seasons before, heck they were mighty competitive a few years back. Tarkington to the best of my knowledge is fighting the uphill climb of historically never even making the playoffs (at least to the best of my knowledge, if someone knows of them making the playoffs please do tell).

[quote name="trojansgo04" post="1314189" timestamp="1351558034"]
[quote author=sports fan 9 link=topic=105287.msg1313927#msg1313927 date=1351537803]
[/quote]
Ha comparing Tarkington to any school in the state let alone district doesn't really apply. Shepherd has had good seasons before, heck they were mighty competitive a few years back. Tarkington to the best of my knowledge is fighting the uphill climb of historically never even making the playoffs (at least to the best of my knowledge, if someone knows of them making the playoffs please do tell).
[/quote]

1953.  The one and only. 

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="1314204" timestamp="1351558761"]
[quote author=trojansgo04 link=topic=105287.msg1314189#msg1314189 date=1351558034]
[quote author=sports fan 9 link=topic=105287.msg1313927#msg1313927 date=1351537803]
[/quote]
[/quote]

1953.  The onne and only.
[/quote]
This group of kids were on their way to improvement, when the old, losing mindset crept in after big losses to strong teams, Coldspring and Cleveland. They will have to find a way out of that attitude to find a measure of success, but I always like to believe it can happen, especially to a long-time underdog.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• You have more faith than some other WOS fans😂
    • Go live in a third world country then get back to me about the word “poor”…..you ll have a different perspective.  Your right a kid shouldn’t suffer for parents decisions, but that’s the world we live in created by those who don’t teach responsibility as well as handicapping by giving handouts.  Cause and effect.   Now yes there are people who are hit with some tragic unforeseen circumstances who need help to get back on their feet but that’s different then a habitual irresponsible lifestyle  fema is a totally different animal.  And it’s actually  something I’ve never had to deal with…..so I can’t really speak on it but I do know it’s a govt agency and most govt agencies are poorly ran.  Natural disasters have been part of this earth for a long time….way before fema came along and people have managed. said kids get taught by said parents that the govt owes them for their circumstances instead of seeing for what it really is and the lesson that should actually be taken from such a life…..”I’m not going to be like my parent or parents….im going to look at others as examples …..my teachers, my coaches, any aunts or uncles, relatives etc etc that are successful…..I’m going to work hard and smart and make good decisions and what bad decisions I do make I’m going to learn from.” Suffering is a great teacher.  This earthly place is temporary and many will suffer even the righteous and even children. Life on earth is not fair….its not a new concept. The good ole race card.  I’m not surprised. I feel the same way no matter the color.  Whites are just as guilty as any other race.  It’s not a race issue it’s a culture issue.  You have allowed color to guide your thought process…..is that what you were taught. how bout you check out the income of many of those politicians you vote for who care so much about kids.  They go in as an every day working citizens then come out millionaires off of shady deals, kickbacks and taxpayers backs. They keep promising y’all false promises and you keep falling for it….bidens been doing it for over 40 years. i just wasted time on this reply because you are not hearing any of it……..you want handouts with no accountability. .sorry to the posters who wasted their time reading this…..it got off topic.  
    • Atascocita vs Pearland  Game 1: Thursday, May 16 @ Deer Park, 7:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 17 @ Deer Park, 7:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 18 @ Deer Park, 6:00 PM (If Needed)      Deer Park vs Clear Springs  Game 1: Thursday, May 16 @ Crosby, 6:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 17 @ Crosby, 6:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 18 @ Crosby, 1:00 PM (If Needed)   Hardin-Jefferson Vs. Longview Spring Hill  Game 1: Thursday, May 16 @ Lufkin Hudson HS, 6:00 PM Game 2: Friday, May 17 @ Nacogdoches, 6:00 PM Game 3: Saturday, May 18 @ Lufkin HS, TBD (If Needed)  
    • And that was in “deep blue” NJ. 
    • Baseball bat time again. You mentioned two “mental” disorders. That tells me they are made up in someone’s mind. Allowing a male in women’s restrooms and letting them compete in women’s sports makes them feel better about themselves? All they amount to is males who can’t hack it in the real world.
  • Topics