21 3A Predictions

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Critter" post="1375809" timestamp="1361293350"]
We need more facts... What more can you give us?
[/quote][quote author=ladytiger14 link=topic=105217.msg1375806#msg1375806 date=1361293029]
Not talking smack, just stating the obvious.
[/quote]

C'mon Critter! You are way better than this! Please don't encourage the behavior ;D. You can bet 99% of the good Silsbee fans (and there are lots of them) out there wish comments like the ones above would go away.

Rake1

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Rake1" post="1374429" timestamp="1360895504"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=105217.msg1374358#msg1374358 date=1360883890]
Rounder, what the hell do you know...
[/quote]

Wow???  I guess you didn't agree with Rounder's view. A guy puts his own honest opinon out there and gets this kind of response. Maybe this will put you in a better mood....

1. HJ wins 21-3A  district title, shuts out everyone, and wins every game by 10 run rule.
2. HJ is so good all the other schools defer and they get the runner up spot as well.
3. HJ's JV sneaks in and takes 3rd place in district  completing the never before seen sweep.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

All in all just kidding! You need to ease up.
[/quote]

He can't ease up, it is not in his nature ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Rake1" post="1375826" timestamp="1361295086"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=105217.msg1375809#msg1375809 date=1361293350]
[/quote][quote author=ladytiger14 link=topic=105217.msg1375806#msg1375806 date=1361293029]
[/quote]

C'mon Critter! You are way better than this! Please don't encourage the behavior ;D. You can bet 99% of the good Silsbee fans (and there are lots of them) out there wish comments like the ones above would go away.

Rake1
[/quote]

You are right Rake1, Just waiting for the real games that matter is driving me nuts....LOL... any word on time for tonight? I would sure hate to be late!!!.....

Ive been around Mr. Duplant for quite a while My son and him played GT baseball and He should not be taken lightly at all.  He is good and by no means taken lightly. And I assure you Silsbee tigers baseball team will not take him lightly. Nor anyone else from any other team. A lot can happen in a baseball game and thinking its in the bag would be a stupid mistake. One that the actual team would not make .

[quote name="CATS80" post="1375851" timestamp="1361298077"]
Ive been around Mr. Duplant for quite a while My son and him played GT baseball and He should not be taken lightly at all.  He is good and by no means taken lightly. And I assure you Silsbee tigers baseball team will not take him lightly. Nor anyone else from any other team. A lot can happen in a baseball game and thinking its in the bag would be a stupid mistake. One that the actual team would not make .
[/quote]

that's right CAT80.....That's why they play the game..... Anyone can win on any given day/night!!!!!

[quote name="Critter" post="1375848" timestamp="1361297426"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=105217.msg1375826#msg1375826 date=1361295086]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=105217.msg1375809#msg1375809 date=1361293350]
[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]

You are right Rake1, Just waiting for the real games that matter is driving me nuts....LOL... any word on time for tonight? I would sure hate to be late!!!.....
[/quote]

Checking field conditions at 1pm, should know something soon.

[quote author=CATS80 link=topic=105217.msg1375851#msg1375851 date=1361298077]
[/quote]

AHHHH.....a voice of reason!

Well said Cats80

1. BC
2. Silsbee
3.HF/HJ
Its hard to bet against BC ever when it comes to baseball. More studs moving in this year to replenish what they lost. I think Silsbee will give them a fun game as usual and have a chance, but I dont see anyone taking the district crown from them. As for third I dont know if Buna can do it after losing those players. HF has a bunch of good returning players, and with Duplant, likely the best pitcher in the district ahead of Guidry, back at HJ you have to think they have a shot. People seem to forget he won super gold mvp as a soph. in a tough 4a district...He will definitely make a huge impact. Gunna be fun, Good Luck Tigers!!!

[quote name="stigers12" post="1376085" timestamp="1361316596"]
1. BC
2. Silsbee
3.HF/HJ
Its hard to bet against BC ever when it comes to baseball. More studs moving in this year to replenish what they lost. I think Silsbee will give them a fun game as usual and have a chance, but I dont see anyone taking the district crown from them. As for third I dont know if Buna can do it after losing those players. HF has a bunch of good returning players, and with [b][color=green]Duplant, likely the best pitcher in the district ahead of Guidry[/color][/b], back at HJ you have to think they have a shot. People seem to forget he won super gold mvp as a soph. in a tough 4a district...He will definitely make a huge impact. Gunna be fun, Good Luck Tigers!!!
[/quote]

Seems awful hard to say a player who hasn't thrown a varsity inning in over a year is better than a guy who helped carry his team 4 rounds deep in the playoffs, was in the top 3 in the state in ERA, top 20 in the state in strikeouts, and is signed to play Division 1 baseball. Just an observation. Not saying the talent isn't there but let's be a little more objective how about it?

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1376377" timestamp="1361335860"]
[quote author=stigers12 link=topic=105217.msg1376085#msg1376085 date=1361316596]
1. BC
2. Silsbee
3.HF/HJ
Its hard to bet against BC ever when it comes to baseball. More studs moving in this year to replenish what they lost. I think Silsbee will give them a fun game as usual and have a chance, but I dont see anyone taking the district crown from them. As for third I dont know if Buna can do it after losing those players. HF has a bunch of good returning players, and with [b][color=green]Duplant, likely the best pitcher in the district ahead of Guidry[/color][/b], back at HJ you have to think they have a shot. People seem to forget he won super gold mvp as a soph. in a tough 4a district...He will definitely make a huge impact. Gunna be fun, Good Luck Tigers!!!
[/quote]

Seems awful hard to say a player who hasn't thrown a varsity inning in over a year is better than a guy who helped carry his team 4 rounds deep in the playoffs, was in the top 3 in the state in ERA, top 20 in the state in strikeouts, and is signed to play Division 1 baseball. Just an observation. Not saying the talent isn't there but let's be a little more objective how about it?

Rake1
[/quote]

Took the words right out of my mouth Rake....... Well I didn't know the top 20 in SO's but I knew the ERA.  I went back trying to find something about Duplant from last year, was he hurt?

Guest itouchdownthere
If my memory serves me right, didnt HJ beat Silsbee last year without duplant? Quade Robertson and Aaron Edelmon pitched that game and are both back on the roster this year.

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1376530" timestamp="1361373617"]
Duplant moved school districts and wasn't eligible..... :(  And I'm sure Guidry and Duplant have alot of respect for one another.....This will be an exciting matchup.....Good Luck to you both this season.....
[/quote]

If HJ wants to make the playoffs, I wouldn't throw Duplant against Bridge City.  I would throw him against the other teams that will playing for the 3rd spot. 

1) Bridge City - Guidry and Shuggart are about as good of a 1,2 as you will find . Uzzle and Sampere can flat out hit as well as a few others

2) Silsbee - Very strong Junior class with Powell, Gorr, LeBlanc also the new kid will help in the outfield. Should be competitive

3) Buna - Despite the loss of Franklin, they still have a deep staff and a scrappy offense with the Clark boys.

4) HF - Jeffcoat and Jannise will front the rotation with Herring also seeing a lot of innings. Pitching should keep them in the game but offense will be the question

[quote name="Ballplayer14" post="1377212" timestamp="1361463614"]
1) Bridge City - Guidry and Shuggart are about as good of a 1,2 as you will find . Uzzle and Sampere can flat out hit as well as a few others

2) Silsbee - Very strong Junior class with Powell, Gorr, LeBlanc also the new kid will help in the outfield. Should be competitive

3) Buna - Despite the loss of Franklin, they still have a deep staff and a scrappy offense with the Clark boys.

4) HF - Jeffcoat and Jannise will front the rotation with Herring also seeing a lot of innings. Pitching should keep them in the game but offense will be the question
[/quote]

HJ has played 3 games so far, outscored their opponents 33-1 and Duplant hasnt seen the mound yet... He gets the ball against Lumberton this morning at 9. Heard Bridge City got beat by Burnet yesterday 12-1? Sounds like everyone has a shot this year...

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1378532" timestamp="1361626686"]
[quote author=Ballplayer14 link=topic=105217.msg1377212#msg1377212 date=1361463614]

[/quote]

HJ has played 3 games so far, outscored their opponents 33-1 and Duplant hasnt seen the mound yet... He gets the ball against Lumberton this morning at 9. Heard Bridge City got beat by Burnet yesterday 12-1? Sounds like everyone has a shot this year...
[/quote]

You have to look at opponents. Who did HJ play? Deweyville, Kirbyville, and Coldspring..... no knock on those schools but they are not the caliber of teams that BC is playing.

[quote name="Critter" post="1378551" timestamp="1361632076"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=105217.msg1378532#msg1378532 date=1361626686]
[quote author=Ballplayer14 link=topic=105217.msg1377212#msg1377212 date=1361463614]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You have to look at opponents. Who did HJ play? Deweyville, Kirbyville, and Coldspring..... no knock on those schools but they are not the caliber of teams that BC is playing.
[/quote]Thats very true Critter 

Respect is something that's earned over time. Winning district 10 out of the last 12 will get you respect from others. Coming on here and telling us how great you are when you haven't done squat in several years earns you zero respect. How about sit back and enjoy your team this year. Y'all have the potential to have a great year at HJ.

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1378685" timestamp="1361657361"]
True, BC got beat by 11 by 3A Burnet and HJ beat Lumberton this morning. You guys are right, HJ should just forfeit the district games.
[/quote]

Come on.... HJ beat 2A Kirbyville, 2A Deweyville, 3A Coldspring and 4A Lumberton....... The best record for these teams last year was 9-13 by Coldspring.  Forfeit games? District is gonna be a whole lot harder than the games that HJ has played so far.

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1378532" timestamp="1361626686"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The only respectable team HJ has played is Lumberton who handled Duplant fairly well.... HJ trailed 9-4 in the 7th and won the game because of walks, a few errors, and a few timely hits. Yes they still won, but the point is Duplant wasn't untouchable. Also, when they faced a quality PITCHER in Howell, they had 2 hits and 10 runs. That speaks for the quality of Deweyvilles defense right there. Howell is very talented but so are some of the guys they will face in this district

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn