22-3A CHRISTMAS CARDS

Just sitting here and had a thought. I was wondering if Cleveland's superintendent was on the Christmas card list of all Cleveland's 22-3A foes. He should be, considering the coaching debacle he created 3 yrs ago. It would be interesting to see how much things might be different in 22-3A the last three yrs.

Not saying anything beyond wondering the possibilities. The program was headed in a great direction and in each of their 3 seasons under that staff they were reaching new heights. The next hurdle to jump was a significant playoff run. I will agree that with Coldspring and Huffman's improvement a balance of power was coming, but not the changing of the guard we ended up with in 22-3A.

Those years Tullos had a better athletic group of kids compared to now. Those kids won everything in Little League football and basketball. Their star running back (Heavy) moved to Northshore and they still won. The only difference would be maybe he would not be beat by as much. Stop "what if's" and start getting ready for Coldspring. More sprints and less talking.

[quote name="Touchdown22" post="1309058" timestamp="1351133342"]
Those years Tullos had a better athletic group of kids compared to now. Those kids won everything in Little League football and basketball. Their star running back (Heavy) moved to Northshore and they still won. The only difference would be maybe he would not be beat by as much. Stop "what if's" and start getting ready for Coldspring. More sprints and less talking.
[/quote]I'm doing the talking but make no mistake about it. The kids r working hard everyday and Nov. 2nd has a big circle on it. Battle of the C's!

[quote name="setx22-3a" post="1309484" timestamp="1351190414"]
A big circle.. Did Cleveland circle Huffman?  Hope that circle can stop the run and score on a pretty stout DEFENSE or its gonna be a long night for Cleveland
[/quote]Yes, they were circled. Cleveland had plenty of chances in that a game and didn't make the plays. Plus they committed way to many penalties. Enjoy the win over Cleveland. It will be your last one for a while.

[quote name="Touchdown22" post="1309588" timestamp="1351198733"]
Thats why you get beat, the cleveland fans aren't working hard, and usually leave in 3rd quarter when the times get tough. We run sprints with the kids in Coldspring.......LOL
[/quote]Running spints with the team sounds great but I have this thing called a job. You do know what that is, right???  ::) I agree that some of the Cleveland fans have a fair weathered nature. Not me, however, I leave when they turn the lights off. Win or lose.

I will say this about Cleveland Fans. The whole getting rid of Tullos knocked their fan base down. A Lot of folks quit coming to the games for the wrong reasons and if the stands are not packed it affects the players on the field.
I do remember going to Coldspring games in the past ( before Barbay ) and Coldspring didnt play well at all. Since Barbay has been there ,and after his second year there did the stands start filling back up. With that said if Barbay was to get dismissed for no reason like Tullos did the stands would empty like they did in Cleveland and it would affect the kids on the field.

Now To the Coldspring Cleveland game. Last year Cleeland started 8 sophmores on D and they battled hard in the first half. THis group of kids have another year under their belt and been playing well. I think this may be a better game than we think if Cleveland can keep their Offense firing on all cylinders. Good luck to both teams next week.

[quote name="indian15/16" post="1309618" timestamp="1351201356"]
[quote author=setx22-3a link=topic=105164.msg1309484#msg1309484 date=1351190414]
A big circle.. Did Cleveland circle Huffman?  Hope that circle can stop the run and score on a pretty stout DEFENSE or its gonna be a long night for Cleveland
[/quote]Yes, they were circled. Cleveland had plenty of chances in that a game and didn't make the plays. Plus they committed way to many penalties. Enjoy the win over Cleveland. It will be your last one for a while.
[/quote]
Our last win for a while... CS makes playoff RUNS.. not 1 and done.. I will say region 3 will be TOUGH this year. Could have Navasota, LaMarque, WOS, but show a lil respect for a team that is the 2 time REGIONAL CHAMP and has proven they can beat LaMarque. Our tough pre district schedule will pay off during the playoffs.. So u are saying CS will lose to Orangfield or Bridge City.. DONT THINK SO

Cleveland has no chance in beating CS.  CS is a corvette running on ALL cylinders.  Cleveland is a pinto that needs a tune-up! 

CS has the team to go very deep and even win the State Championship!  I am proud to have them in our district and will support them the whole way.

[quote name="setx22-3a" post="1310222" timestamp="1351260880"]
[quote author=indian15/16 link=topic=105164.msg1309618#msg1309618 date=1351201356]
[quote author=setx22-3a link=topic=105164.msg1309484#msg1309484 date=1351190414]
[/quote]
Our last win for a while... CS makes playoff RUNS.. not 1 and done.. I will say region 3 will be TOUGH this year. Could have Navasota, LaMarque, WOS, but show a lil respect for a team that is the 2 time REGIONAL CHAMP and has proven they can beat LaMarque. Our tough pre district schedule will pay off during the playoffs.. So u are saying CS will lose to Orangfield or Bridge City.. DONT THINK SO
[/quote]Try to actually understand what you are reading. I was referring to Huffman in my "enjoy the win comment". I'm well versed in Cs's success in recent yrs and I hope it continues but there won't be anymore walk overs against Cleveland for the next two yrs.

[quote name="truefan" post="1310556" timestamp="1351282327"]
Cleveland has no chance in beating CS.  CS is a corvette running on ALL cylinders.  Cleveland is a pinto that needs a tune-up! 

CS has the team to go very deep and even win the State Championship!  I am proud to have them in our district and will support them the whole way.
[/quote]I love it when they say "No chance".  :D

[quote name="truefan" post="1310556" timestamp="1351282327"]
Cleveland has no chance in beating CS.  CS is a corvette running on ALL cylinders.  [size=12pt][i][b]Cleveland is a pinto that needs a tune-up![/b][/i][/size] 

[/quote]

hahahaa nothing against Cleveland but thats funny right there!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder