Why?

[quote name="RaiderGirl92" post="1307477" timestamp="1350950958"]
Why does it seem like Im the only Raider fan on here every week???? Where have the Raider fans gone to???
[/quote]

It's gotta be tough to be a Lumberton fan these days and you deserve credit for not wearing the proverbial paper bag over your head. This was normal for the Raiders when I was a kid in Jasper and it was nice to see you guys have some success in recent years. I hope things get better soon...

That is a million dollar question for all Raider fans. Why is that when a team is down their supposed faithfull fall by the way side and wait for the team to pull it together. The kids need community support through thick and thin. Raidergirl keep the candle lit the L-Train will be coming through the tunnel soon with the horn blasting and light burning bright.

[quote name="BigDog007" post="1307495" timestamp="1350952147"]
That is a million dollar question for all Raider fans. Why is that when a team is down their supposed faithfull fall by the way side and wait for the team to pull it together. [b]The kids need community support through thick and thin.[/b] Raidergirl keep the candle lit the L-Train will be coming through the tunnel soon with the horn blasting and light burning bright.
[/quote]
i couldn't agree more.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1307641" timestamp="1350962105"]
[quote author=NSMUSTANG78 link=topic=105097.msg1307639#msg1307639 date=1350962002]
I know its been a long season, hang in there you are a TRUE FAN!!!
[/quote]
holy crap, you from North Shore?
[/quote]has ties to Sterling.

im here,  and pick the raiders every week in my pickems. we all knew that this would be another down year. No  need in listing excuses, i feel improvement is coming, and within next two years i predict we will be challenging for the District Crown.  Just have to keep the faith, and keep working harder...Its gonna happen....that why i picked my screen name "once a Raider", ALWAYS A RAIDER!.

I know how all the raider fans feel. I played for Vidor in 07-08 season for those Vidor fans that remember that season. I had fans tell me that was the first year they didn't buy season tickets because of how bad we were doing and everybody was blaiming matthews for everything but in reality it was that the players just didn't care. we had alot of players that just messed around at practice and just were not very disciplined, not to say that they were all like that, but we also had alot of younger players that were sophmores. We had about 10 to 12 seniors and the rest were sophmores. We went 2-8 that year. That was the year Lumberton had alot of success. The next year came around and the players matured and learned to play together better and had better discipline. They didn't make the playoffs the next year but they did a heck of alot better. Everybody stopped bad mouthing matthews after that and we started seeing more fans. There were those fans that did stick with us through thick and thin so don't think that I am bad mouthing all the vidor fans but I love pirate football and I have gone to games since I was little and I didn't even have people that I was there for. My brother Jeremiah chandler #75 plays on the o-line and I am so proud that he gets to experience the playoffs, something that I only wished I could have been apart of. The fans of Vidor is a big part of vidors success. I wish I could be there for my pirates but I live in Florida now I would appreciate updates as much as possible. I believe Lumberton will bounce back and I also hope that Vidor continues the great game playing that they show now and make a habit of going to the playoffs as well as lumberton. May all the kids that play High school football have the best years of their life and have fun with no injuries. I know that I did even though we had an off year. Its the game that I loved playing and the town that I was representing and hearing those fans screaming as we ran out on the field is why I loved it so much. GO PIRATES AND GOOD LUCK TO LUMBERTON ON THIS SEASON AND TO ALL THE SEASONS TO COME.

For that 2 year stint the LTown fans were the most obnoxious fans. They demanded respect and most of us said roll out more than one or two winning seasons and youll earn it. Well low-n-behold, there all gone now!  Raidergirl keep up the good fight. Love the support you show for your hometown. Your a welcome NDN fan anytime! Hopefully for your sake the Baby Blue and Red will ride high again someday soon, of then the looney raider fans will be back in full force. :)

[quote name="badndn" post="1308219" timestamp="1351034138"]
For that 2 year stint the LTown fans were the most obnoxious fans. They demanded respect and most of us said roll out more than one or two winning seasons and youll earn it. Well low-n-behold, there all gone now!  Raidergirl keep up the good fight. Love the support you show for your hometown. Your a welcome NDN fan anytime! Hopefully for your sake the Baby Blue and Red will ride high again someday soon, of then the looney raider fans will be back in full force. :)
[/quote]

Those days are long and gone . Don't see them being good for a while... Especially if they don't change some major stuff on O and D .

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder