1. 1. What say you???

• SA in a shoot out!
    • SA in a blow out!
    • WS in a shoot out!
    • WS in a blow out!
    • Too scared to say!!!

[quote name="SAWolverine" post="1309427" timestamp="1351186833"]
[quote author=STINGER link=topic=105046.msg1309211#msg1309211 date=1351173453]
[quote author=SAWolverine link=topic=105046.msg1309104#msg1309104 date=1351143180]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=105046.msg1309086#msg1309086 date=1351135975]
West Sabine is still focused and confident. A good game against Alto is nothing to hang their heads about. The district championship is not out of reach for the Tigers. I thought early on that this district could easily end up a three way tie between SA, WS, and Alto. I'm pulling for West Sabine, an old district rival of HD. I see it:

West Sabine - 36

San Augustine - 29
[/quote]

Have you seen Sa?  What makes you think that sa will lose at home?  So you think that sa will lose to Ws but beat alto?  Smh...just stick to hd...they arent even on the same level.  Never have...never will be.
[/quote]Good lord man, they guy made a comment and you go all "big man" on him talking down his team from behind your computer!  He stated his oppinion and did so without disrepecting anyone or team.  You could learn a thing or two from that!!
[/quote]

Dont make me even start on you.  I'll tell him like it whether it is here or in person.  Go grow your stinger back....might be a while!
[/quote]"Dont make me even start on you"??????  LOL!!!  Are you going to be at the game Friday night?

[quote name="SAWolverine" post="1309425" timestamp="1351186599"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=105046.msg1309190#msg1309190 date=1351171185]
[quote author=SAWolverine link=topic=105046.msg1309104#msg1309104 date=1351143180]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=105046.msg1309086#msg1309086 date=1351135975]
West Sabine is still focused and confident. A good game against Alto is nothing to hang their heads about. The district championship is not out of reach for the Tigers. I thought early on that this district could easily end up a three way tie between SA, WS, and Alto. I'm pulling for West Sabine, an old district rival of HD. I see it:

West Sabine - 36

San Augustine - 29
[/quote]

Have you seen Sa?  What makes you think that sa will lose at home?  So you think that sa will lose to Ws but beat alto?  Smh...just stick to hd...they arent even on the same level.  Never have...never will be.
[/quote]

You're right, I haven't seen San Augustine. They may be way better than I think, and I do think they are a very good team. They beat Deweyville who handed HD a butt whippin. I think that West Sabine could have easily beat Alto and it wasn't like it was a blowout and not close. I think all three teams have their weaknesses and all three can be beat. SA may whip up on the Tigers and Yellowjackets for all I know, but my opinion is that San Augustine is over-rated and the third best team in that district. Not that that is a bad thing, considering all three of those teams are top 15 in the state in my opinion. I honestly hope San Augustine beats West Sabine and then loses to Alto so we get the Wolves in the playoffs. Anyone who thinks this is the same ole' Hull-Daisetta from years past that will lose in the first round by 40 is sadly mistaken. Ask Lovelady, Normangee, or Groveton how physical HD is, and they weren't even playing up to their full potential in those games. You guys from district 10 will be in for a heck of a suprise when you face HD.  Good luck to both teams friday night and Go Tigers!!
[/quote]

Imagine that butt whooping by Deweyville x 2.  You dont want SA...  Tell me this...why would I wanna ask either of those teams how HD is?  None of those teams are very good.....for crying out loud...Groveton got beat by SHELBYVILLE!!!
[/quote]

You sound like you should be smart enough to know that it's all about matchups. Don't be crying outloud about Groveton who got beat by Shelbyville. HD held Groveton to 131 total yards and one offensive touchdown. (Heck, they only crossed midfield one other time) That was one week after that same Groveton team dropped 40 points on Alto, beating them by 20 points. Alto has improved since then, and so has HD. San Augustine lost to 4-3 Garrison. The same Bulldog team that Teneha beat by 2 TD's. It's all about matchups and that's why they play the games. I promise you that no 1A school is just going to roll over HD this season (or next for that matter). Our losses have been against 2A schools and Kountze and Deweyville are a combined 10-4 this season.  I wouldn't be surprised if SA loses to Alto and WS. None of our kids are scared of San Augustine. Until last year when San Augustine was crushed in the first round of the playoffs, they're record for the previous 5 years was a whopping 13-37. Four out of those five years they won 3 games or less.(And before you have to check, HD was down and still posted a 32-23 record with 5 playoff appearances)  That doesn't put the Wolves on another level and is not much to be affraid of.... and no, 7 on 7 doesn't count. News Alert.... SAN AUGUSTINE is not unbeatable. Bring it on if you can get into the playoffs.....HD is ready and waiting.

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1309473" timestamp="1351189915"]
[quote author=SAWolverine link=topic=105046.msg1309425#msg1309425 date=1351186599]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=105046.msg1309190#msg1309190 date=1351171185]

West Sabine - 36

San Augustine - 29
[/quote]

[/quote]

You're right, I haven't seen San Augustine. They may be way better than I think, and I do think they are a very good team. They beat Deweyville who handed HD a butt whippin. I think that West Sabine could have easily beat Alto and it wasn't like it was a blowout and not close. I think all three teams have their weaknesses and all three can be beat. SA may whip up on the Tigers and Yellowjackets for all I know, but my opinion is that San Augustine is over-rated and the third best team in that district. Not that that is a bad thing, considering all three of those teams are top 15 in the state in my opinion. I honestly hope San Augustine beats West Sabine and then loses to Alto so we get the Wolves in the playoffs. Anyone who thinks this is the same ole' Hull-Daisetta from years past that will lose in the first round by 40 is sadly mistaken. Ask Lovelady, Normangee, or Groveton how physical HD is, and they weren't even playing up to their full potential in those games. You guys from district 10 will be in for a heck of a suprise when you face HD.  Good luck to both teams friday night and Go Tigers!!
[/quote]

Imagine that butt whooping by Deweyville x 2.  You dont want SA...  Tell me this...why would I wanna ask either of those teams how HD is?  None of those teams are very good.....for crying out loud...Groveton got beat by SHELBYVILLE!!!
[/quote]

You sound like you should be smart enough to know that it's all about matchups. Don't be crying outloud about Groveton who got beat by Shelbyville. HD held Groveton to 131 total yards and one offensive touchdown. (Heck, they only crossed midfield one other time) That was one week after that same Groveton team dropped 40 points on Alto, beating them by 20 points. Alto has improved since then, and so has HD. San Augustine lost to 4-3 Garrison. The same Bulldog team that Teneha beat by 2 TD's. It's all about matchups and that's why they play the games. I promise you that no 1A school is just going to roll over HD this season (or next for that matter). Our losses have been against 2A schools and Kountze and Deweyville are a combined 10-4 this season.  I wouldn't be surprised if SA loses to Alto and WS. None of our kids are scared of San Augustine. Until last year when San Augustine was crushed in the first round of the playoffs, they're record for the previous 5 years was a whopping 13-37. Four out of those five years they won 3 games or less.(And before you have to check, HD was down and still posted a 32-23 record with 5 playoff appearances)  That doesn't put the Wolves on another level and is not much to be affraid of.... and no, 7 on 7 doesn't count. News Alert.... SAN AUGUSTINE is not unbeatable. Bring it on if you can get into the playoffs.....HD is ready and waiting.
[/quote]I agree HDBobcat9. Bring it! HD Nation!

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1309532" timestamp="1351193639"]
UIL should be ashamed of theirselves for leaving one of yall at home! Yalls district must feel your getting a participation ribbon when you make it to the playoffs!
[/quote]

That's pretty funny. I really hate the way the district is setup too and would like to go back to only two teams making the playoffs. With that said, we don't get to pick the district we're in, all we can do is win it and get ready for playoffs and try to stay healthy along the way. 

I love how everyone wants to bring up the "Groveton beat Alto" card.  I guess since Shelbyville beat Groveton we aint got the snow balls chance against Shelbyville?  Yes Alto played bad that night and the better team in Groveton won that night,  but like I've said, there's been changes since then and a few of the injured back, but no excuse Groveton beat us.

West Sabine brought up the Groveton/Alto game and look where it got them?  Same thing will happen to HD if we play them!

I doubt HD can hang with top 3 with Districft 10

Still takin SA.

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1309700" timestamp="1351209687"]
I love how everyone wants to bring up the "Groveton beat Alto" card.  I guess since Shelbyville beat Groveton we aint got the snow balls chance against Shelbyville?  Yes Alto played bad that night and the better team in Groveton won that night,  but like I've said, there's been changes since then and a few of the injured back, but no excuse Groveton beat us.

West Sabine brought up the Groveton/Alto game and look where it got them?  Same thing will happen to HD if we play them!

I doubt HD can hang with top 3 with Districft 10

Still takin SA.
[/quote]

I only bring up Groveton vs. Alto because that's HD's only common opponent. I gave Alto props and said they've improved alot since that Groveton game. Not saying that HD is better than any of those three teams, but I do feel confident that the Bobcats will have a chance if they play a great game. I think in the past, on HD's best night, Alto still would mop the floor with our boys. Coach Finney has these boys committed and ready and along with Coach Huckabay, they know how to win playoff games.

ok look im older than probly most on here but HD has no chance of beatin alto,sa or ws. i think by far the best district in all of 1a. and even tho im from SA Alto is the one team that year after year i have respect for as for WS you are not even close to that category, have WS ever won state in any sport???? JS until then they got to prove it to me

I'm not sure there is a much bigger game than this one.... With a loss to Alto, West Sabine has to get the win or they put themselves in a can't lose situation the rest of the season (although that shouldn't be much of a task)....

San Augustine with a win sets up a District title showdown with Alto....

San Augustine struggled at times earlier in the season, but they seem to have the kinks worked out.... West Sabine racked up the wins and numbers earlier in the year, but struggled with their first real strong competition....

I'll take the Wolves and that stingy defense....

Go Pack!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder