Anahuac @ Newton.

:). Newton will beat Anahuac. But newton has got to rest their starters when they get up by 40 + points.. Once again Newton coaching staff... Shorter could have been HURT and OUT on that face mask... Newton up 50-10 and he still in the game.. WHY????
Newton has too much talent to let it sit on the bench.. Change up your game... Playoffs are coming and you need them guys... Cant afford to take a chance on one of them getting hurt.. Best believe these teams KNOW your go to guys and will be on them like sugar on the sugarcane...

[quote name="KB24" post="1307365" timestamp="1350939866"]
:). Newton will beat Anahuac. But newton has got to rest their starters when they get up by 40 + points.. Once again Newton coaching staff... Shorter could have been HURT and OUT on that face mask... Newton up 50-10 and he still in the game.. WHY????
Newton has too much talent to let it sit on the bench.. Change up your game... Playoffs are coming and you need them guys... Cant afford to take a chance on one of them getting hurt.. Best believe these teams KNOW your go to guys and will be on them like sugar on the sugarcane...
[/quote]
Why not just sit them out until the state championship game? We don't want them hurt and for sure we don't want them to be tired. Why not set them out of practice too. That way we could be sure and not get them any dings. We could protect their muscles by not exercising them so they don't pull anything. We could put them in a plastic bubble to make sure they don't catch a cold or the flu or something too. ::)

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1307379" timestamp="1350941026"]
[quote author=KB24 link=topic=105033.msg1307365#msg1307365 date=1350939866]
[/quote]
Why not just sit them out until the state championship game? We don't want them hurt and for sure we don't want them to be tired. Why not set them out of practice too. That way we could be sure and not get them any dings. We could protect their muscles by not exercising them so they don't pull anything. We could put them in a plastic bubble to make sure they don't catch a cold or the flu or something too. ::)
[/quote]
They dont realize how quickly newton scores 50 points. Starters need reps. Its getting ridiculous every week people complain on starters being in the game!!

[quote name="u_dnt_kno_me" post="1308294" timestamp="1351038980"]
I say Newton 42-7 by half, they have a good chance at winning state...as much as I love Burkeville they really need some pointers from the Eagles coaching staff on keeping a program so dominant over the years.
[/quote]
Its a little thing called TALENT! Burkeville has none.

[quote name="Sportz-Fanatic" post="1308368" timestamp="1351045900"]
[quote author=u_dnt_kno_me link=topic=105033.msg1308294#msg1308294 date=1351038980]
I say Newton 42-7 by half, they have a good chance at winning state...as much as I love Burkeville they really need some pointers from the Eagles coaching staff on keeping a program so dominant over the years.
[/quote]
Its a little thing called TALENT! Burkeville has none.
[/quote]They have one guy Trea Hunt, other than him there just aren't enough guys to choose from.

Newton by 50 or more.

I think the point someone made earlier about resting starters is valid.  But Newton has never done that.  They just want to run up the score on everyone by as much as they can.  One the other hand, it doesn't look like they have all that many players on the bench either.

[quote name="Dawg88" post="1310407" timestamp="1351273152"]
Newton by 50 or more.

I think the point someone made earlier about resting starters is valid.  But Newton has never done that.  [b]They just want to run up the score on everyone by as much as they can. [/b] One the other hand, it doesn't look like they have all that many players on the bench either.
[/quote]

Once again someone that has no idea what their talking about. If Newton [b]wanted[/b] to run up the score, why would they have agreed to a running clock the entire 4th quarter against EC and why put any second string in during any of the games? Could easily have scored way more than what any of the district games scores have shown. All any opponent has to do is tackle. If they don't, shame on them because Newton has the kids, notice the plural, to take it to the house. 3 with over a 100 yds rushing each against Kountze. The playoffs are coming. As a team, the Eagles need to have reps, be in condition, and be in sync no matter who is toting the ball. It ain't about winning the district title. It's about the State title.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder