MCM attendence

We in Mid-county should stop talking about leaving early and fan bases and appreciate the followings we have.
Went to the Ozen - LCM game today and i'll bet there wasn't 400 people there from Ozen and just a few more for LCM, we're spoiled in Mid County with 2 great communities that love their football and support them as much as possible.  I was surprised to see so few fans for a 20-4a matchup with the playoffs on the line.  I would be surprised if there was more than 1000 total fans at this game and we ( midcounty ) play in front of packed houses on a regular basis, not everyone gets this kind of support.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1306074" timestamp="1350789683"]
I thought you were starting another thread about us...lol. That surprises me about LCM...I know they had to go to the Band competition right after...Ozen to...maybe all the band parents didnt make it to the game. I was surprised at how small Ozens band is this year.
[/quote]
Counted 32 band members, not counting drill team, but very small after seeing MCM halftime. Speaking of 32 That's how many fans I counted in the upper deck on the Ozen side.

With so much on the line in that game, you would think the attendance would be better. LCM has a very realistic shot of making the playoffs. All bullcorn aside, MCM is pretty cool. I just like stirring the pot with y'all. I actually have a lot of respect for both schools and their tradition. I'm very happy we Pirates show support for our teams too.

[quote name="football04" post="1306064" timestamp="1350789126"]
We in Mid-county should stop talking about leaving early and fan bases and appreciate the followings we have.
Went to the Ozen - LCM game today and i'll bet there wasn't 400 people there from Ozen and just a few more for LCM, we're spoiled in Mid County with 2 great communities that love their football and support them as much as possible.  I was surprised to see so few fans for a 20-4a matchup with the playoffs on the line.  I would be surprised if there was more than 1000 total fans at this game and we ( midcounty ) play in front of packed houses on a regular basis, not everyone gets this kind of support.
[/quote]

This is exactly right. I know I tout PN-G's community support a lot (and I still think we're king in that department ;D), but in reality, it's not just us - it's really the entire area. The schools in Southeast Texas, from 1A through 5A, really enjoy more support and fan attendance than most schools anywhere. I can remember being at the DCTF classic in San Antonio and seeing 5A schools play that brought maybe a few hundred fans. Our opponent, Gregory-Portland, only had about a hundred miles to travel to get to the Alamodome, yet they might have had 300 fans in the stands at their peak compared to more than 6,500 that made the 350 mile drive to sit on the PN-G side. High schools here in Alabama have a similar problem. Friends who attended 6A schools in Birmingham with 2,000 or more students will bring up high school football from time to time, and they consider two hundred fans to be a good turnout. I start talking about regular season games like MCM or the Vidor game with 13,000 fans packed into Indian Stadium or 11,000 at Bulldog Stadium or 10,000 at Croak Field or playoff games with 39,000 fans at the Astrodome and their eyes get about as wide as dinner plates. They always thought King of the Hill and Friday Night Lights were exaggerations. There are 5A schools here in Tuscaloosa with stadiums that look about the size of Buna's, and they don't always fill them.

We've got it lucky when it comes to high school football.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1306155" timestamp="1350795692"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=104986.msg1306064#msg1306064 date=1350789126]
[/quote]

This is exactly right. I know I tout PN-G's community support a lot (and I still think we're king in that department ;D), but in reality, it's not just us - it's really the entire area. The schools in Southeast Texas, from 1A through 5A, really enjoy more support and fan attendance than most schools anywhere. I can remember being at the DCTF classic in San Antonio and seeing 5A schools play that brought maybe a few hundred fans. Our opponent, Gregory-Portland, only had about a hundred miles to travel to get to the Alamodome, yet they might have had 300 fans in the stands at their peak compared to more than 6,500 that made the 350 mile drive to sit on the PN-G side. High schools here in Alabama have a similar problem. Friends who attended 6A schools in Birmingham with 2,000 or more students will bring up high school football from time to time, and they consider two hundred fans to be a good turnout. I start talking about regular season games like MCM or the Vidor game with 13,000 fans packed into Indian Stadium or 11,000 at Bulldog Stadium or 10,000 at Croak Field or playoff games with 39,000 fans at the Astrodome and their eyes get about as wide as dinner plates. They always thought King of the Hill and Friday Night Lights were exaggerations. There are 5A schools here in Tuscaloosa with stadiums that look about the size of Buna's, and they don't always fill them.

[/quote]
my sister in law lives in muskogee, ok. she was down last year for the vidor/angleton playoff game. i asked when the last time she went to a highschool game was and she said every game for the past two years because her daughters cheerlead for pee-wees and they let them on the field during the game. as asked if they had big crowds and she said 3-4 hundred and thinking that was alot. she was blown away at the packed house in Galena Park that night. she thought i was kidding when i said hundreds, we have thousands.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1306206" timestamp="1350798668"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=104986.msg1306155#msg1306155 date=1350795692]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=104986.msg1306064#msg1306064 date=1350789126]
[/quote]

[/quote]
my sister in law lives in muskogee, ok. she was down last year for the vidor/angleton playoff game. i asked when the last time she went to a highschool game was and she said every game for the past two years because her daughters cheerlead for pee-wees and they let them on the field during the game. as asked if they had big crowds and she said 3-4 hundred and thinking that was alot. she was blown away at the packed house in Galena Park that night. she thought i was kidding when i said hundreds, we have thousands.
[/quote]

I was at that Vidor-Angleton game as well, and I remember expecting Angleton to have a pretty good showing. The Vidor crowd easily had 1,500 more fans than they did. The Vidor side was packed.

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1306237" timestamp="1350823320"]
If my understandin is correct the record for a PNG Nederland is 16000 which brings me to wonder what a quaterfinal matchup between the two would bring fan wise
[/quote]

Two MCM in on e season WOW that would be cool

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1306237" timestamp="1350823320"]
If my understandin is correct the record for a PNG Nederland is 16000 which brings me to wonder what a quaterfinal matchup between the two would bring fan wise
[/quote]

That's correct. Those were the days when they would allow overflow crowds on the track. Fire ordinances won't let them do that anymore.

I lived in La. Last year and would make frequent, every Friday Vidor played, trips back home to watch the pirates play. During post season Vidor played on a Saturday and the local high school where I was was hosting the third round playoff game. I drove to the stadium hoping I could somehow manage to get a ticket. Not only were there more than enough tickets, I sat 50 yd line mid way up; and sat comfortably with no one closer than 5 yds to me. There was maybe 400 fans max for the home who's farthest drive was 10 minutes tops. The thing that was the kicker for me was that I, an outsider who had no dog in the fight, got more upset over bad calls than the people who had children playing. For me it looked like this was a huge social party. With that said I'm very glad I live in SETX where I am surrounded by teams with huge fan bases and like minded people who get very involved in the games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder