Hull-Daisetta vs Iola Predictions/Comments

HD vs Iola: Who wins?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. HD vs Iola: Who wins?

• HD
    • Iola

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1306836" timestamp="1350911252"]
Their QB transferred in from Somerville I believe also, pretty good athlete.  Watched them on film play Anderson-Shiro and they are good but HD should be able to win with power football, minus the mistakes.

HD - 30
Iola - 22
[/quote]Yes sir your right, his dad is the Coach. #3 Iola QB Hayden Matinez is one of the best athletes in the District. Darrell Lavalais(HD), Tyler Drake (HD), Hayden Martinez(Iola) Calvin Ridge(WH) top athletes in District.

I think this will probably determine the district championship as well. Not discounting West Hardin or Colmesneil, but I think their game Friday will determine 3rd place finish in district. Every team in the district is much improved from last year with the exception of West Hardin, who was very good last season. Iola's QB Martinez is a game changer and will be a load to stop. If HD slows him down, they beat Iola. I do not think Iola will stop HD's ball control run game. Turnovers will play a role as they always do. I see it:

Hull-Daisetta -  29

Iola              - 15

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1306966" timestamp="1350920041"]
I think this will probably determine the district championship as well. Not discounting West Hardin or Colmesneil, but I think their game Friday will determine 3rd place finish in district. Every team in the district is much improved from last year with the exception of West Hardin, who was very good last season. Iola's QB Martinez is a game changer and will be a load to stop. If HD slows him down, they beat Iola. I do not think Iola will stop HD's ball control run game. Turnovers will play a role as they always do. I see it:

Hull-Daisetta -  29

Iola              - 15
[/quote]Ready for friday night! Go Bobcats! Excited to see HD run the slot t and all that misdirection. Lavalais, Drake, Edmondson and Hickman!

Have seen Iola both on film and live, Martinez is a great player that can change the game completely (only downfall is that he is a hot head and it could cost them in the long run).  As a team defensively they are very physical and will get after it (they play with a chip on their shoulders).  Offensively they will throw out numerous formations and allow Martinez to go to work both running and throwing the ball (likes to throw it up to the big TE #89 and get a couple of interference calls if possible, hopefully HD has someone that can cover him).  If HD can contain him (Martinez) they will win hands down, if they allow him to go crazy it will be a long night for the bobcats.  Not making a prediction, just saying it should be an interesting game.

You are completely right. Huckaby or Hill should be covering the tall TE, both kids have good ball skills. HD's Coach Finney and Huckaby have some cool formations they will throw out there. With HD having two weeks to prepare, gonna be interesting. HD has some big hogs on the D-line. DE's Ken Lavalais and Thomas Stanley are both 6'3 260lbs or so. HD has several giant lineman. Martinez will be hit this week, no JV stuff.  ;)

If the weather turns bad like they say it is that running game and those big hogs could make things miserable for Iola...either way its gonna be a long night and long ride home for them...give Finney 2 weeks to prepare for an opponent and look out...there is[b] nobody[/b] that studies their opponents like he does...I can promise you that!! Been there!!!

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1308495" timestamp="1351085363"]
You are completely right. Huckaby or Hill should be covering the tall TE, both kids have good ball skills. HD's Coach Finney and Huckaby have some cool formations they will throw out there. With HD having two weeks to prepare, gonna be interesting. HD has some big hogs on the D-line. DE's Ken Lavalais and Thomas Stanley are both 6'3 260lbs or so. HD has several giant lineman. Martinez will be hit this week, no JV stuff.  ;)
[/quote]

Iola has some big hogs on their lines as well, and Martinez has been hit really hard a lot this year and he keeps coming back for more believe me he is no cupcake

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asfdefsa01
    Newest Member
    asfdefsa01