wo-s power running QB

skipper

with about 8 min left in the 3rd qt the mustangs changed QBs and we that were there at hooks house saw  something we have not seen in a long long time at wo-s a power running QB i belive his name is rutledge dont hold me to this lol.this kid is a horse ,on his runs it took most all of orangefield to take him down and on a closeing note it looks very good next year for the mustangs yes i know wo-s will lose some key players but as we have seen on the JV there are kids that  could play anytime but thay must pay there dues  PS sorry for the spelling

[quote name="kicker" post="1305626" timestamp="1350750565"]
Really? [b]I've been under the impression he was a true pocket passer[/b]. Something we haven't seen in a while. Would be great if he had the legs also. Didn't make the game, been out of town so didn't get to see him.
[/quote] same here. the kid can chunk it from what little ive seen of him.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1305629" timestamp="1350750835"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=104962.msg1305626#msg1305626 date=1350750565]
Really? [b]I've been under the impression he was a true pocket passer[/b]. Something we haven't seen in a while. Would be great if he had the legs also. Didn't make the game, been out of town so didn't get to see him.
[/quote]

He could have the best arm of any Mustang QB ever, he is big kid that had played linebacker and receiver. He isn't the quickest Qb but he does run with power.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1305641" timestamp="1350751814"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104962.msg1305629#msg1305629 date=1350750835]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=104962.msg1305626#msg1305626 date=1350750565]
[/quote]

He could have the best arm of any Mustang QB ever, he is big kid that had played linebacker and receiver. He isn't the quickest Qb but he does run with power.
[/quote]

Kelley Robertson had a pretty strong arm in 96.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1305674" timestamp="1350755289"]
Guys temper the expectations on Chase, right now his arm is not anywhere near where you guys think. He has some ability but he's not ready, right now his feet and running ability is better thn his arm.
[/quote]

About the arm of Rutledge...what are you basing your opinion on?  I ask because everything I know and have learned about him is the opposite of what you're saying.

and he catches unicorns, and he eats lunch with the Dos Equis guy (most interesting man in the world), and he also taught Chuck Norris karate!

EASE UP PEOPLE!! The kid is talented but let him breathe. Some of you make it seem like he walks around with a big axe and a blue ox like Paul Bunyan. Wow! The hype machine is in 6th gear!

Sit back and enjoy the talent, don't press it.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1305712" timestamp="1350758343"]
and he catches unicorns, and he eats lunch with the Dos Equis guy (most interesting man in the world), and he also taught Chuck Norris karate!

EASE UP PEOPLE!! The kid is talented but let him breathe. Some of you make it seem like he walks around with a big axe and a blue ox like Paul Bunyan. Wow! The hype machine is in 6th gear!

Sit back and enjoy the talent, don't press it.

Rake1
[/quote]

He is very talented, he will be fine when he gets the chance. He has progressed a lot the last two years. No, he is not Dan Marino. I personally saw him throw the ball 50 yards as a 7th grader. He has some things to learn to get better, but he is pretty confident and determined kid. He will be Ok, he works hard. The freshman Dillon Sterling looked pretty good against OF in JV game. I think the WOS QB position will be in good hands over the next few years.

[quote name="skipper" post="1306356" timestamp="1350838695"]
i wish i new the names of the kids  on the JVs names  thay can outride fly one is the RB the other is WR  and the OL is one of the biggest the mustangs have had in years. if someone keeps up with JV games what is there record - just asking
[/quote]

They have lost one game. There is a junior playing that would be starting on varsity if LC-M would have released him.

[quote name="venom33" post="1306349" timestamp="1350837238"]
I just hope he has quality receivers that can catch the ball!
[/quote]
In my opinion, one of the best receivers on the team is not even playing receiver right now. He's a sophomore and I'm sure he will be next year.

[quote name="VNUPE" post="1306642" timestamp="1350866612"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=104962.msg1306349#msg1306349 date=1350837238]
I just hope he has quality receivers that can catch the ball!
[/quote]
In my opinion, one of the best receivers on the team is not even playing receiver right now. He's a sophomore and I'm sure he will be next year.
[/quote]

know who your talking about and I totally agree.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder