Top 4 things I love about Big Ned

NDNation

Nothing like smack talking with some facts...cant make me eat crow for that. ;D

1. They haven't had a shut-out against PN-G since 1988. (seen some predicting one this year---good luck with that...Ned has only shut PN-G out 10 times since 1925...on the other hand they have went home empty handed 21 times)

2. Their longest winning streak in MCM is 3 yrs. (just cant seem to get over that hump and make it 4 in a row.)

3. They let PN-G whip that butt 15 yrs in a row.

4. And last but not least...Nederland may have bragging rights for another year...but we have them overall. Nederland would have to beat us 15 yrs in a row to catch up with PN-Gs winning tradition. The series is 48 PN-G 33 Nederland  7 Tied  (5 years we didnt compete).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NDNation" post="1301095" timestamp="1350318470"]

1. They haven't had a shut-out against PN-G since 1988. (seen some predicting one this year---good luck with that...Ned has only shut PN-G out 10 times since 1925...on the other hand they have went home empty handed 21 times)

2. Their longest winning streak in MCM is 3 yrs. (just cant seem to get over that hump and make it 4 in a row.)

[b]3. They let PN-G whip that butt 15 yrs in a row.[/b]

4. And last but not least...Nederland may have bragging rights for another year...but we have them overall. Nederland would have to beat us 15 yrs in a row to catch up with PN-Gs winning tradition. The series is 48 PN-G 33 Nederland  7 Tied  (5 years we didnt compete).
[/quote]wow!  :o

Oh NDNation, you are hurting our feelings and we are going to need a tissue! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who cares, you know as well as I do what counts is here in the moment so if it makes the butt whooping ya'll are about get go down a little easier keep living in the past!

[quote name="godawggo" post="1301099" timestamp="1350319113"]
Oh NDNation, you are hurting our feelings and we are going to need a tissue! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who cares, you know as well as I do what counts is here in the moment so if it makes the butt whooping ya'll are about get go down a little easier keep living in the past!
[/quote]

Not trying to hurt your feelings...would never do that to our dear neighbors. Enjoy your little winning streak, but history shows...We will be back...next year is hump year for you guys. ;D

[quote name="jake94" post="1301107" timestamp="1350319375"]
Y'all do have an impressive football history and do have the upper hand overall. I will give you that. The pendulum has swung though since Neumann has been boss. I don't even think switching to leather helmets could help y'all this week though...
[/quote]

Neumann was coach in 2009? PN-G 23-7...and we had a new coach.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1301115" timestamp="1350319727"]
[quote author=jake94 link=topic=104723.msg1301107#msg1301107 date=1350319375]
Y'all do have an impressive football history and do have the upper hand overall. I will give you that. The pendulum has swung though since Neumann has been boss. I don't even think switching to leather helmets could help y'all this week though...
[/quote]

[/quote]

That win gave your new coach a 100% winning percentage against the Dogs. The next year it dropped to 50%, last year it dropped to 33%, and this year it will drop to 25%!! Impressive resume. One outta four ain't bad!

[quote name="NDNation" post="1301115" timestamp="1350319727"]
[quote author=jake94 link=topic=104723.msg1301107#msg1301107 date=1350319375]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Neumann is 13-6 vs PNG, Including  11-5 vs Burnett and 2-1 vs Faircloth.

[quote name="jake94" post="1301116" timestamp="1350319939"]
He's been coach since '93 or '94 I believe. Don't pull up the results from that time period. It's not printed in purple...
[/quote]

lol..Pulled them...3 game winning streak several times..but we always cut you off after that. Looking over the scores..most were close games, a few not so close.

I don't see this one being a big blowout either.. These two teams typically bring out the best in each other. Should be lots of fun. Both sets of fans can argue until blue in the face, but it is evident that PNG had the historical edge with Nederland enjoying the more recent success on the series. Neither of those have much impact on Friday night. If the Indians can keep the Dogs off the QB, then it will be a good game. If they can't, I don't think it will be much of a game.

1. They haven't had a shut-out against PN-G since 1988. (seen some predicting one this year---good luck with that...Ned has only shut PN-G out 10 times since 1925...on the other hand they have went home empty handed 21 times) [color=red](Shut out this Friday) Check![/color]
2. Their longest winning streak in MCM is 3 yrs. (just cant seem to get over that hump and make it 4 in a row.) [color=red]Another in a row this Friday, check![/color]3. They let PN-G whip that butt 15 yrs in a row. [color=red]The trend is heading the opposite, check![/color]4. And last but not least...Nederland may have bragging rights for another year...but we have them overall. Nederland would have to beat us 15 yrs in a row to catch up with PN-Gs winning tradition. The series is 48 PN-G 33 Nederland  7 Tied  (5 years we didnt compete).
[color=red]Would appear the future looks like this should be evened up in the very near future[/color].
[/quote]

[quote name="badndn" post="1301137" timestamp="1350321064"]
Agreed Jake. A hurried AJ is not good for the NDNs. That and some semblance of a defense!

I will say if PNG somehow pulls this out, many of you Big Ned fans are going to look like chumps!
[/quote]Same could be said about all the PNG faithful already throwing in the towel. Agree, Big Ned has the biggest crow to eat if Hell freezes over Friday night....

[quote name="badndn" post="1301137" timestamp="1350321064"]
Agreed Jake. A hurried AJ is not good for the NDNs. That and some semblance of a defense!

I will say if PNG somehow pulls this out, many of you Big Ned fans are going to look like chumps!
[/quote]

There would be plenty of crow, that's for sure. I don't think there would be any shortage of volunteers to dish it up either :-). It would be interesting, yet difficult, to look up the history and see how many times that Nederland or PNG has been heavily favored and what the results were in this years. I wonder how many big upsets there have been?

[quote name="19Bulldog99" post="1301444" timestamp="1350341406"]
This game could be close or a blowout. Stats on paper for MCM has one thing in common with camping toilet paper. Neither are worth a d**n.
[/quote]

Stats may not matter much, but injuries do. Rumors are floating around right now about three defensive starters being out for the game, and one has been confirmed (Riley, Nose Guard, out for surgery).

[/quote]

I love MCM... BUT one of your "joe Biden" facts are wrong... guess which one? Hint -Which suprises me if are truly PNG fan.

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1301467" timestamp="1350345297"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=104723.msg1301095#msg1301095 date=1350318470]

[/quote]

I love MCM... BUT one of your "joe Biden" facts are wrong... guess which one? Hint -Which suprises me if are truly PNG fan.
[/quote]

Sorry..miss counted..Nederland has only shut us out 9 times...I was at work and had to count fast.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder