Deweyville Pirates

Being a 2A DivII school,Deweyville doesn't get much attention.
In the past ,many times they have depended on one or two players
to carry the load.Not so this year.QB's Cody Dupuy& Brendon Waldrep,
RB's Ryan Collins,Joey Greer,Colby Hryhorchuck,& Brandon Gary are a
very talented group.Daniel Brinson & Trey Bussell are excellent recei-
vers.Bryson Davis,T.J.Johnson & Daniel anchor a solid defense.So,if
you hear a lot of noise coming out of south Newton county, it's Coach
Babin & his group of rowdy Pirates.I know I left somebody out and I
apologize for that.Good Luck against Corrigan-Camden this week!!

These Talented young men have been playing together sence they were 5 and 6 years old in flag football.They know how to win and they are hungry this year, but it took coach Babin coming in and putting each and every one of them where they need to be for our team to be successful, and coach babin is doing A great job. Deweyville is in A very tough district and that is the wins that count, so this weeks Game is A huge game for the Pirates. My Opinion The Pirates will go undefeated and Roll into the Playoffs.

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      #10 IS THE MAN

CC is always tuff. They usually get better every game and end up in the playoffs every year! Containment is always the issue when you play them. I haven't seen them this year but they always have a back or two with good speed. This should be a good game and should be for one of the top spots in this district. Before we played D-ville this year I was really not looking forward to the match up. There was alot of dirty play last year that got in the way of how yall performed. This year however, there was no comparison in the team attitude and mentality! I wish you guys the best of luck going into district! Buckle up, keep your heads up, this one will definitely be a test!

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1293912" timestamp="1349622999"]
CC is always tuff. They usually get better every game and end up in the playoffs every year! Containment is always the issue when you play them. I haven't seen them this year but they always have a back or two with good speed. This should be a good game and should be for one of the top spots in this district. Before we played D-ville this year I was really not looking forward to the match up. There was alot of dirty play last year that got in the way of how yall performed. This year however, there was no comparison in the team attitude and mentality! I wish you guys the best of luck going into district! Buckle up, keep your heads up, this one will definitely be a test!
[/quote]
Good post Jesse, you are right this team is no comparison to last year all the same players but A new coach teaching the right way to play the game. Good luck to yall up there In SA We will be pulling for yall this year.

GO PIRATES
    #10 IS THE MAN

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1293912" timestamp="1349622999"]
[/quote]
Thks Jesse and much respect to the Wolves, we will come check ya'll out in the playoffs thats for sure.  Spot on assessment of CC.  Throw the pre-district results out the window this team is built for District and playoffs they are yearly playoff participants and usually fight till the last whistle.  The Pirates are coming together at the right time, mostly injury free and learning the new offense/defense systems Coach Babin has brought along with Discipline and a winning attitude.  The difference from this year to last is we believe we can compete with the CC's and NW's of this District.  Expectations are high but results are won on the field and the players have to make the plays. This will be a VERY physical game and some of the younger players on the team that have not been involved in a game like this will have to step up.  Good luck to the Pirates, toughness both mentally and physically is a requirement from here on out through District play. Take it 1 game at a time and handle your business, respect all but fear none.

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1293920" timestamp="1349623587"]
[quote author=JesseJames link=topic=104300.msg1293912#msg1293912 date=1349622999]
[/quote]
Good post Jesse, you are right this team is no comparison to last year all the same players but A new coach teaching the right way to play the game. Good luck to yall up there In SA We will be pulling for yall this year.

GO PIRATES
    #10 IS THE MAN
[/quote]
A new coach and the Jr class.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1293994" timestamp="1349627444"]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=104300.msg1293920#msg1293920 date=1349623587]
[quote author=JesseJames link=topic=104300.msg1293912#msg1293912 date=1349622999]
[/quote]

GO PIRATES
    #10 IS THE MAN
[/quote]
[/quote]
I think is the same kids, just new coach. A parent tell me, the this group of kids of "jr and sr class" are the same the won flag, junior and sr championships years back..but please correct me if i'm wrong..

[quote name="pride86" post="1294019" timestamp="1349629696"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=104300.msg1293994#msg1293994 date=1349627444]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=104300.msg1293920#msg1293920 date=1349623587]
[/quote]

GO PIRATES
    #10 IS THE MAN
[/quote]
[/quote]
I think is the same kids, just new coach. A parent tell me, the this group of kids of "jr and sr class" are the same the won flag, junior and sr championships years back..but please correct me if i'm wrong..
[/quote]

That was what I was getting at. The Jr class has won all their games with a variety of different coaches. They will win regardless of who the coach is, they are talented and winners. They will make the coaches look good.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1294028" timestamp="1349630386"]
[quote author=pride86 link=topic=104300.msg1294019#msg1294019 date=1349629696]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=104300.msg1293994#msg1293994 date=1349627444]
[/quote]

GO PIRATES
    #10 IS THE MAN
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

That was what I was getting at. The Jr class has won all their games with a variety of different coaches. They will win regardless of who the coach is, they are talented and winners. They will make the coaches look good.

[/quote]

Even in middle school, we (the junior class) only lost 1 game in 2 years. Freshman year, we only lost to CC and New Waverly. New Waverly being our first ever district loss playin for the school.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder