Dayton at C.E. King Game Thread/Dayton wins 24-6!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dayton" post="1285648" timestamp="1348890291"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=103845.msg1285624#msg1285624 date=1348889961]
Better tighten up I would hate to see you boys in 3rd ;) I can tell you now after watching SC tonight we are all playing for 2nd.
[/quote]

did you watch Dayton vs. Crosby as well?
[/quote]

Nope, but i did read the stats the next day which told me that Crosby out gained the Bronco's by 60 yards. in Fact they beat you in every stat of the game except of the score. Crosby has a mental block against Dayton.... I can't explain it. ;)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1285654" timestamp="1348890418"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=103845.msg1285648#msg1285648 date=1348890291]
Better tighten up I would hate to see you boys in 3rd ;) I can tell you now after watching SC tonight we are all playing for 2nd.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope, but i did read the stats the next day which told me that Crosby out gained the Bronco's by 60 yards. in Fact they beat you in every stat of the game except of the score. Crosby has a mental block against Dayton.... I can't explain it. ;)
[/quote]

and the miscues against creek? mental block as well? We won the field position game a lot of the night. You don't get bonus points for driving 75 yds vs. 40

[quote name="dayton" post="1285663" timestamp="1348890505"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=103845.msg1285654#msg1285654 date=1348890418]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

and the miscues against creek? mental block as well? We won the field position game a lot of the night. You don't get bonus points for driving 75 yds vs. 40
[/quote]

3 turnovers helped a little too. SC turned the ball over 3 times and still one like they did. I'm just saying I think SC will be hard to beat. Not impossible ,but not probable either

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1285674" timestamp="1348890742"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=103845.msg1285663#msg1285663 date=1348890505]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

3 turnovers helped a little too. SC turned the ball over 3 times and still one like they did. I'm just saying I think SC will be hard to beat. Not impossible ,but not probable either
[/quote]

I understand what your saying. All any of us can do is go week to week. KP is up next, Broncos will be ready. Good luck with them tomorrow night. Big game for ya'll.

Everyone back off of the edge.  This is a hard week to play a team that is not very good.  After a very emotional win against a rival, CE king proved to be dangerous.  Dayton is very young and it is hard to get those kiddos to play at a high level every week.  It is a learning process.  I remember in the past some of Dayton's sloppiest offensive games have come at CE King.  This team will be fine.  Take a deep breath and let the coaches do their job.  Don't give the district championship away just yet.  Lots of ball to still be played.

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="1285691" timestamp="1348890962"]
Everyone back off of the edge.  This is a hard week to play a team that is not very good.  After a very emotional win against a rival, CE king proved to be dangerous.  Dayton is very young and it is hard to get those kiddos to play at a high level every week.  It is a learning process.  I remember in the past some of Dayton's sloppiest offensive games have come at CE King.  This team will be fine.  Take a deep breath and let the coaches do their job.  Don't give the district championship away just yet.  Lots of ball to still be played.
[/quote]

good post.

[quote name="dayton" post="1285688" timestamp="1348890944"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=103845.msg1285674#msg1285674 date=1348890742]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=103845.msg1285663#msg1285663 date=1348890505]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I understand what your saying. All any of us can do is go week to week. KP is up next, Broncos will be ready. Good luck with them tomorrow night. Big game for ya'll.
[/quote]

We will test them out for you tommorrow ;) If we go down tomorrow I am moveing toward the ledge ;D Should be a good game and the weather looks like it is going to be bad, so anything can happen.

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1285534" timestamp="1348888620"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=103845.msg1285513#msg1285513 date=1348888426]
Well heres what i think.. Dayton came into this game thinking it was gonna be a snap.. easy win.. cause they sure didn play tonight like they did last week. JMO
[/quote]

That's one view.  I think the more populare view is Dayton is not as good as they think they are........just sayin.  By the way, remind me what the BH and CE King score was last week....... ;) ;)
[/quote]And what was the crosby score versus ya'lls score with them.

[quote name="DaytonBaseball101" post="1285283" timestamp="1348886047"]
I have been a bronco fan for many years , never have u seen the broncos not take a knee for an injured player . I have seen it tonight . I am embarrassed to be a bronco fan at this point . Broncos deserve what ever it is they get .
[/quote]
I have to agree with SETXFan on this.  If you are that embarrassed stop going to the games and wait for baseball season.  Save yourself the grief and the 6 bucks.  I can promise you that no one will notice if you stop going. 

The offense for the Broncos was ugly tonight and mostly went in reverse. A good effort by the defense kept the Broncos in the win column. I agree that the former Bronco coach now working for the Panthers might have had something to with making our offense sputter. We have plenty of talent on offense but no consistency. Hope this gets worked out. 

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1285726" timestamp="1348891507"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=103845.msg1285534#msg1285534 date=1348888620]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=103845.msg1285513#msg1285513 date=1348888426]
Well heres what i think.. Dayton came into this game thinking it was gonna be a snap.. easy win.. cause they sure didn play tonight like they did last week. JMO
[/quote]

That's one view.  I think the more populare view is Dayton is not as good as they think they are........just sayin.  By the way, remind me what the BH and CE King score was last week....... ;) ;)
[/quote]And what was the crosby score versus ya'lls score with them.
[/quote]

Don't know, was in Washington State playing golf and fishing.  ;) ;) ;)

[quote name="Bronco/Cat Fan" post="1285886" timestamp="1348894105"]
The offense for the Broncos was ugly tonight and mostly went in reverse. A good effort by the defense kept the Broncos in the win column. I agree that the former Bronco coach now working for the Panthers might have had something to with making our offense sputter. We have plenty of talent on offense but no consistency. Hope this gets worked out.
[/quote]

I am sure you will get it worked out before the BH game.  We want to earn that 2nd place win.......... ;D ;D

It has always baffled me that when a fan posts an observation about their team that is not 100% homer positive, they get the "don't panic...breeeeeath" speech. Or the "get back from the ledge" talk. Give me a break.

Dayton's offense is not very good right now. I'm still breathing and very relaxed. Nor am I blind and deaf. Why is it like some taboo subject we as Bronco fans are not supposed to approach? Are we not here on a football forum (more than I should be) to talk about our teams strength and weaknesses?

Anyway, back to the point. The offense is flat. It has become very predictable. It looks to me like they just want to get the ball to a play maker the easiest way possible and hope he "breaks" one. Counter, bubble screen. Counter, jet sweep. Repeat if necessary. How about a pass play that's designed to get only 8 - 10 yards for those third and longs. A simple curl for gosh sake! Why does it always have to be a 40 yard bomb? I said it was sad because I believe this offense has enough weapons that they could be scary good. I hope they work the kinks out soon so I don't have to kill myself!  ::) ::) ::)

P. S. Don't come on here and be captain obvious and tell me about how we're undefeated. My sights are set a little farther down the road. And yours should be too.

[quote name="DaytonBaseball101" post="1285283" timestamp="1348886047"]
I have been a bronco fan for many years , never have u seen the broncos not take a knee for an injured player . I have seen it tonight . I am embarrassed to be a bronco fan at this point . [b]Broncos deserve what ever it is they get .[/b][/quote]

What we deserve?
Please go to your mirror, look at that person and tell him, "I'm an idiot".
You are the embarrassement. Please remove the word [b]Dayton[/b] from your screen name.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1286049" timestamp="1348918487"]
It has always baffled me that when a fan posts an observation about their team that is not 100% homer positive, they get the "don't panic...breeeeeath" speech. Or the "get back from the ledge" talk. Give me a break.

Dayton's offense is not very good right now. I'm still breathing and very relaxed. Nor am I blind and deaf. Why is it like some taboo subject we as Bronco fans are not supposed to approach? Are we not here on a football forum (more than I should be) to talk about our teams strength and weaknesses?

Anyway, back to the point. The offense is flat. It has become very predictable. It looks to me like they just want to get the ball to a play maker the easiest way possible and hope he "breaks" one. Counter, bubble screen. Counter, jet sweep. Repeat if necessary. How about a pass play that's designed to get only 8 - 10 yards for those third and longs. A simple curl for gosh sake! Why does it always have to be a 40 yard bomb? I said it was sad because I believe this offense has enough weapons that they could be scary good. I hope they work the kinks out soon so I don't have to kill myself!  ::) ::) ::)

P. S. Don't come on here and be captain obvious and tell me about how we're undefeated. My sights are set a little farther down the road. And yours should be too.
[/quote]
Hope you don't kill yourself too.

[quote name="Panther087" post="1286110" timestamp="1348927277"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=103845.msg1286049#msg1286049 date=1348918487]

Dayton's offense is not very good right now. I'm, still breathing and very relaxed. Nor am I blind and deaf. Why is it like some taboo subject we as Bronco fans are not supposed to approach? Are we not here on a football forum (more than I should be) to talk about our teams strength and weaknesses?

[/quote]
Hope you don't kill yourself too.
[/quote]

No doubt right! Now if the Titans beat the Texans tomorrow.........it's garden hose on the tailpipe time! Lol!

I've been lurking on here for a little while now, and I figured I'd make my first post this morning.

I really enjoy reading the game threads. It helps me keep up with the Broncos from Louisiana. As a former player, I'm glad this was not around when I played. Y'all would've ripped me apart. Lol

The difference between good teams and average teams, good teams find a way to win when they aren't there best. They win 2 out of the 3 fases of the game. Whether it be offense and defense, special teams and offense, or like last night defense and special teams. Only the really special teams win all 3 every Friday night.  Remember these are kids, and they are going to have off nights. Finding a way to win is what matters, especially in district play. Survive and move on.

Remember this offense is relatively young. First year QB, and a crop of sophomores at different skill positions. The passing game will come. Right now you won't see a lot of timing routes, ie. comebacks, curls, and out routes. What you are see is a QB making one read and if it is not there he is trying to get out of the pocket to scramble. He is not keeping his eyes downfield for the play to develope. Once his first read is gone his eyes seem to immediately look at the rush coming at him. This will come with experience. Unfortunately he is a senior, so the development will have to be quick as we move to the playoffs.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to get my point across. This team will be fine, and they should make a good run. A lot can be said for confidence and swagger. When a team goes out knowing they are going to win, more often than not, they do.

[quote name="BroncQB7" post="1286181" timestamp="1348932477"]
I've been lurking on here for a little while now, and I figured I'd make my first post this morning.

I really enjoy reading the game threads. It helps me keep up with the Broncos from Louisiana. As a former player, I'm glad this was not around when I played. Y'all would've ripped me apart. Lol

The difference between good teams and average teams, good teams find a way to win when they aren't there best. They win 2 out of the 3 fases of the game. Whether it be offense and defense, special teams and offense, or like last night defense and special teams. Only the really special teams win all 3 every Friday night.  Remember these are kids, and they are going to have off nights. Finding a way to win is what matters, especially in district play. Survive and move on.

Remember this offense is relatively young. First year QB, and a crop of sophomores at different skill positions. The passing game will come. Right now you won't see a lot of timing routes, ie. comebacks, curls, and out routes. What you are see is a QB making one read and if it is not there he is trying to get out of the pocket to scramble. He is not keeping his eyes downfield for the play to develope. Once his first read is gone his eyes seem to immediately look at the rush coming at him. This will come with experience. Unfortunately he is a senior, so the development will have to be quick as we move to the playoffs.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to get my point across. This team will be fine, and they should make a good run. A lot can be said for confidence and swagger. When a team goes out knowing they are going to win, more often than not, they do.
[/quote]

Thanks QB7.  Good post with good points.  I agree, they find a way to win each week and that is what counts.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin