Bridge City at Buna Game Thread/BC wins 28-24!!

WOSgrad

Guest Pay the piper
First off clock management at the end of the game. Key defensive players taking theirselves out of the game cause they are so tired they can't go anymore. Bridge City put 10 in the box at times cause they knew Buna wouldn't pass. Do I need to go on

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cantankerous" post="1288096" timestamp="1349118648"]
Tackling should be taught in practice and obviously hasn't been.  Adjustments should be made at halftime and Bridge City was the only team that made adjustments.
[/quote]

Not from Buna and did not watch the game. I agree with tackling issue, fundamentals seem to be a lost art at many schools not just buna. On the flipside for buna, I would think it would be hard to make adjustments when you are up 24-0 at the half. What Buna did in the first half seemed to be working.

Was not at the game, had other committments, that is why I am asking for your point of view.  As far as passing, the passing QB could not play this year due to previous injuries, losing him has really hurt this team as far as not having to be so one dimensional.  However with that being said, I am taking nothing away from Patrick, I think alot of Glen and truly know he leaves everything he has out on the field every Friday night.  Breaking him and a number of others out every few series might help as the game gets into the 4th quarter, especially on the offensive side of the ball.  Once again not arguing your points, just getting your side. 
Riding Solo, you just made my other point.  Your up 24-6 at the half...why not stick to the game plan, it's working.  Hats off to the BC coaches for making the adjustments that a team who is behind 24-6, should make.

Guest Pay the piper
Patrick pulled hisself when the game was on the line at the end cause he was so tired. IMO he is a must have on defense. There has to be someone that can run punts back or kick field goals or hand the ball off.Do we even have a backup QB? Patrick is our best athlete and we have to have him on D when we play passing teams for sure. The other cornerbacks just don't have the speed except 42. As far as adjustments the plays we scored on seems like we ran them a 100 times after that. Our secondary is suspect to start with and we over no help over the toplike maybe 2 safeties

[quote name="cantankerous" post="1288125" timestamp="1349120401"]
BC was already making adjustments before the half.  Buna last scored with over 8 minutes left in the half. Buna was being shutdown long before halftime got there.  Defensive backs couldn't cover BC receivers just as they haven't covered receivers all year.
[/quote]
I agree, teams can light us up when they go to the pass.   
I also agree on the Patrick being our best overall athlete, and in a running offense, surely there is a Soph or Junior that can get the ball to Ford and Biddle.  Could not agree more.
See, you thought I was going to argue with you and here I am agreeing.

Guest Pay the piper
Don't know the Richarson kid but Clark is starting Defense I think he is in the same boat as Patrick. Don't know why Clark is starting D not my idea of a strong safety maybe a corner

Guest Pay the piper
I agree with that statement. Edwards is the only sophomore who should be playing all the time. He is the only one who should be starting all the others should be backups.

Guest Pay the piper
Some of the sophomores are benefiting from lack of skill position players in the upper classes not having very many. It's good they are getting experience now though

I know these coaching are getting paid but coaching is not as easy as it looks. Lots of coaches from the stands. To be honest, the offense Buna runs gives them the best chance to win just like Orangefield. Simply because they do not have the numbers or the skill people to pass more than run. JMO of course!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I think both schools should pass more. They both need balance but the wing-T is a very deceptive offense. But again the problem is fundamentals is not being taught anymore in high school sports at all levels. ;)