NEWTON AT WARREN BROADCAST/NEWTON WINS 51-0!

WOSgrad

We have taken it easy on you guys for years and now your wanting to talk about class? If Newton had beaten you as badly as they could have, this year as well as years past, you would be on here whining about being abused like a rented mule. Class is seen differently by different people, but I don't think you can accuse Newton of not having class based on all the years these two teams have played, including this one. WT was schooled by Coach Barbay for years on how to not embarrass teams with less ability and I take exception to your implications of him doing such. If you don't like what you got, get a better program and become more competitive and quit blaming other people for your lack of success.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1286648" timestamp="1348957910"]
We have taken it easy on you guys for years and now your wanting to talk about class? If Newton had beaten you as badly as they could have, this year as well as years past, you would be on here whining about being abused like a rented mule. Class is seen differently by different people, but I don't think you can accuse Newton of not having class based on all the years these two teams have played, including this one. WT was schooled by Coach Barbay for years on how to not embarrass teams with less ability and I take exception to your implications of him doing such. If you don't like what you got, get a better program and become more competitive and quit blaming other people for your lack of success.
[/quote]
I am not concerned on how you feel newton has treated warren in the past. If this statement is true; "With less than 45 seconds left and the ball they drove and scored again", then that is driving the score up. I respect a coach that takes a knee when he can run the clock out with the game won. No need add another 7. Coach's that have class (sportsmanship) would have taken a knee under a minute. With the final score 51-0 did he need to drive down the field with 45 seconds left? Did he just want to break the 50 point mark? I am not talking about the whole history of Newton. Just this one example.

Your making a mountain out of a mole hill. Did the coach in fact call a play to score or did he call take a knee. You or I will never know that because we weren't in the huddle. If he did call take a knee and the players on the field changed it, your taking someone's word and accusing a coach of no class. Do you know WT Johnston personally? Does warfan? I do and I can tell you that there was no way he done anything to embarrass Warren or their players. Your eager to jump on the boat and condemn someone, are you just as willing to admit you have no idea what your talking about or anything about the person your accusing? And if the play was changed, I can guarantee you there will be repercussions (extra running, etc.) to assure that it don't happen again. If you think you know the entire situation, I say you don't know what your talking about. As far as Warren goes, their program is better than it has been in years. Take that and go home and quit whining.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1286700" timestamp="1348961467"]
Your making a mountain out of a mole hill. Did the coach in fact call a play to score or did he call take a knee. You or I will never know that because we weren't in the huddle. If he did call take a knee and the players on the field changed it, your taking someone's word and accusing a coach of no class. Do you know WT Johnston personally? Does warfan? I do and I can tell you that there was no way he done anything to embarrass Warren or their players. Your eager to jump on the boat and condemn someone, are you just as willing to admit you have no idea what your talking about or anything about the person your accusing? And if the play was changed, I can guarantee you there will be repercussions (extra running, etc.) to assure that it don't happen again. If you think you know the entire situation, I say you don't know what your talking about. As far as Warren goes, their program is better than it has been in years. Take that and go home and quit whining.
[/quote]
If what you are saying is true, that they ran a play when he called for them to take a knee. Then if I were the coach, I would come as close to hazing as possible to teach my team a lesson. I am sure the Coach was embarresed.  If not, then my statement stands. Like I said, I was going by the comment from above.  Thanks for your reply.

Exactly, in other words, you have no idea what your talking about and you did not answer my question. Do you know WT? Were you or anyone else other than players in the huddle? Yet you still want to condemn without knowing anything based in reality. Would you take anyone's comment at face value without knowing more? Kvillecats makes all kinds of statements, do you believe them? Jump off the bandwagon before it wrecks and causes you further embarrassment.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1286711" timestamp="1348962674"]
Exactly, in other words, you have no idea what your talking about and you did not answer my question. Do you know WT? Were you or anyone else other than players in the huddle? Yet you still want to condemn without knowing anything based in reality. Would you take anyone's comment at face value without knowing more? Kvillecats makes all kinds of statements, do you believe them? Jump off the bandwagon before it wrecks and causes you further embarrassment.
[/quote]
Apparently you do not know what was called or said in the huddle neither. You also have no idea what you are talking about. My last comment still applies. Re-read it please.

I did read it and comprehended what your attempting to say. I'm saying you need to keep your comments accusing someone and their entire program of no class to yourself unless you have proof to back it up. As far as hazing the entire team, your nuts. Especially if it was one kid (the QB) that called it without the rest of the players knowing. I'm not saying this is what happened. I'm saying it is as much a possibility as anything you have said. Your hazing statement shows you know very little about high school kids and how to handle them. The play could have been called by the offensive coordinator and if it was, WT will deal with that. I'm saying your accusing a person you know nothing about of a very bad deed and have nothing to go on other than one persons observation which could be totally flawed. Grow up.

[quote name="jenks" post="1286733" timestamp="1348964011"]
[quote author=Soothsayer link=topic=103817.msg1286731#msg1286731 date=1348963963]
There's only one way to keep a team from running up the score and it's not the next day on this thread.
;D
[/quote]
Or how about Sportsmanship.
[/quote]
Did your mama ever let you play with the big kids or just kept you in the yard to play with your little sister?

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1286737" timestamp="1348964223"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103817.msg1286733#msg1286733 date=1348964011]
[quote author=Soothsayer link=topic=103817.msg1286731#msg1286731 date=1348963963]
There's only one way to keep a team from running up the score and it's not the next day on this thread.
;D
[/quote]
Or how about Sportsmanship.
[/quote]
Did your mama ever let you play with the big kids or just kept you in the yard to play with your little sister?
[/quote]
So, you do not believe in sportsmanship? By your comments I guess not. Therefore I guess my first comment is confirmed. Good Luck

I don't think jenks is from Warren. I think he has no idea of what he speaks and wants to condemn a coach that I have respect for. Classy left a long time ago. This has turned personal and I will defend Newton and the coach there. What he thinks of me doesn't matter one iota. What he says about Newton and their coach, matters a great deal. His warped idea of what is right should be questioned as long as he keeps insinuating that Newton's program and coaches are somehow dirty. As far me personally, I could care less what he thinks. I'll sleep quite comfortably tonight without worry.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1286824" timestamp="1348969008"]
[quote author=88Warrior link=topic=103817.msg1286802#msg1286802 date=1348967751]
This thread needs to go away...Nobody is coming off as being "classy"...[b]Game is over..Newton won..Warren lost..let's move on to next week...[/b]
[/quote]
I agree Warrior.
[/quote]
All you have to do is quit reading it.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1286850" timestamp="1348970426"]
I don't think jenks is from Warren. I think he has no idea of what he speaks and wants to condemn a coach that I have respect for. Classy left a long time ago. This has turned personal and I will defend Newton and the coach there. What he thinks of me doesn't matter one iota. What he says about Newton and their coach, matters a great deal. His warped idea of what is right should be questioned as long as he keeps insinuating that Newton's program and coaches are somehow dirty. As far me personally, I could care less what he thinks. I'll sleep quite comfortably tonight without worry.
[/quote]
Ok champ. Sleep well. Then tomorrow please re-read all my comments before over reacting. I have a nephew that plays for Warren. Not sure why you feel its personal. If you say the coach called for the boys to take a knee then I believe you. Good Luck Newton.

Guest EagleFan01
I dont think he told them to take a knee i think WT is trying to get his team ready for the playoffs. If you dont want them to score then stop em. Newton only ran 28 plays last night in offense so he was taking advantage of what he could get warren should of tackled better. Newton wasnt trying to show anyone up just trying to get better and make a run at another title

This won't come as a surprise but Newton has one of the best 2-a programs in the state and has had for years.Warren on the other hand has struggled with only a handful of playoff appearances in their history.Neither statement has anything to do with class.Newton did what it should do, play to the last whistle with the kids that are on the field.The kids from Warren should also be commended.They have gone 0-20 over the past 2 seasons but have managed to win 3 ballgames this year and continue to play hard whatever the score.Success isn't always measured on the same scale.Good luck to both clubs the rest of the way.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder