PORT ARTHUR MEMORIAL AT DEER PARK BROADCAST/TITANS WIN!!!! 42-35!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="palincoln4life" post="1285859" timestamp="1348893635"]
To put it simply one team made adjustments and one team didn't! That simple! Deer Park threw one pass the entire second half and that was the one picked off at the end! Smh!
[/quote] that RB could have had 300 yds rushing tonight. i have no clue what we prepared for this week but it wasnt DP, maybe it was C'View??

We the Titans are and will be fine. DP found something that worked and did what they were suppose to do, run it till we stop it. Guess what we didn't. I think the injury on the opening kick-off of the second half ( a DP player hanging broken leg in front of our bench) had a lot to do with it. That was freaky looking!!!!!!!!!  Believe it or not we all lost focus fans and players. We just need to maintain our composure and focus the entire game. This was a good learning experince for everyone including us the fans.

[quote name="The GOAT" post="1286499" timestamp="1348947897"]
We the Titans are and will be fine. DP found something that worked and did what they were suppose to do, run it till we stop it. Guess what we didn't. I think the injury on the opening kick-off of the second half ( a DP player hanging broken leg in front of our bench) had a lot to do with it. That was freaky looking!!!!!!!!!  Believe it or not we all lost focus fans and players. We just need to maintain our composure and focus the entire game. This was a good learning experince for everyone including us the fans.
[/quote]
i agree goat with not focusing,but an injury,unless it was a near death experience,shouldn't stop you from focusing. sorry i couldn't be there last night...sounds like to me,we were prepared for DP to pass the whole night due to they were a passing offense,but they ran and we never adjusted. they seemed to adjust to the swing passes and option plays. they seem to not have done well with the zone read and that's when we were successful.

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1286510" timestamp="1348948406"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=103814.msg1286499#msg1286499 date=1348947897]
[/quote]
i agree goat with not focusing,but an injury,unless it was a near death experience,shouldn't stop you from focusing. sorry i couldn't be there last night...sounds like to me,we were prepared for DP to pass the whole night due to they were a passing offense,but they ran and we never adjusted. they seemed to adjust to the swing passes and option plays. they seem to not have done well with the zone read and that's when we were successful.
[/quote]DP isn't a "passing offense" and never has been. Their head coach is the former OC from Katy. DP runs a balanced O and takes what they're given--run or pass. They've got a great staff that makes halftime adjustments like few others. If they had a little more speed, they'd be deadly. Especially, with 4,000 enrollment.

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1286531" timestamp="1348949712"]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=103814.msg1286510#msg1286510 date=1348948406]
[/quote]
[/quote]DP isn't a "passing offense" and never has been. Their head coach is the former OC from Katy. DP runs a balanced O and takes what they're given--run or pass. They've got a great staff that makes halftime adjustments like few others. If they had a little more speed, they'd be deadly. Especially, with 4,000 enrollment.
[/quote]
in the pregame report, this years DP team likes to pass the ball alot. from the panews-The Deer have the most passing yards of any team in 21-5A this season, but have just the fifth-best offense by average yards per game. The Deer are averaging 322 yards per game.

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1286551" timestamp="1348951435"]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=103814.msg1286531#msg1286531 date=1348949712]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=103814.msg1286510#msg1286510 date=1348948406]
[/quote]
[/quote]
in the pregame report, this years DP team likes to pass the ball alot. from the panews-The Deer have the most passing yards of any team in 21-5A this season, but have just the fifth-best offense by average yards per game. The Deer are averaging 322 yards per game.
[/quote]Did you ever stop to think they're doing that to work in their first year starting QB for 215 play in games that mean nothing? I believe PAM met their RB...
Sorry, LP learned long ago never to underestimate the Deer. Their coaching makes up for a lot of talent issues. If PAM hadn't converted on the fake punt, it well could have been a different outcome.

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1286557" timestamp="1348952058"]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=103814.msg1286551#msg1286551 date=1348951435]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Did you ever stop to think they're doing that to work in their first year starting QB for 215 play in games that mean nothing? I believe PAM met their RB...
Sorry, LP learned long ago never to underestimate the Deer. Their coaching makes up for a lot of talent issues. If PAM hadn't converted on the fake punt, it well could have been a different outcome.
[/quote]DP had some plays go there way. The they got was well flukish, Fisk made the right read and made a good throw to a wide open receiver in the middle  of the field, the only problem is that it bounced off  the back of a Dp defenders helment straight into the air then was intercepted.  What bothers me more is B. Laday dropping balls all over the field. I'm moving Lott up to varsity, and moving Labrie to wideout. Laday is avereging four wide open drops a game!!!!!!!  I love the way we played the first half. We just need to finish!!!!!

[quote name="The GOAT" post="1286622" timestamp="1348956446"]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=103814.msg1286557#msg1286557 date=1348952058]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=103814.msg1286551#msg1286551 date=1348951435]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]DP had some plays go there way. The they got was well flukish, Fisk made the right read and made a good throw to a wide open receiver in the middle  of the field, the only problem is that it bounced off  the back of a Dp defenders helment straight into the air then was intercepted.  What bothers me more is B. Laday dropping balls all over the field. I'm moving Lott up to varsity, and moving Labrie to wideout. Laday is avereging four wide open drops a game!!!!!!!  I love the way we played the first half. We just need to finish!!!!!
[/quote]Lott should have been on Varsity to begin with.

oldawg, i just was going by what i read. the point was they were doing more passing than running. you are right about them adjusting and the coaching.

goat, i agree with you on that. we need someone who is going to catch the ball. what's worse is, he is the one that's open lol...rucker can get seperation using his speed sometimes. j. leday is double covered. jacobs is used on screens.

[quote name="The GOAT" post="1286622" timestamp="1348956446"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]What would bother me more is a running back that PAM knew was going to get the ball gained 10+ yards per carry, gained over 230 yards total and had 3 TD's. PAM has NS & LP on the schedule still.

I don't think this is bad on PAM. I think it's an underestimation of DP. They've had little PO success in recent years, but they've been playing 21-5A and NS a lot in the first round.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1286634" timestamp="1348957027"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=103814.msg1286622#msg1286622 date=1348956446]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Lott should have been on Varsity to begin with.
[/quote]True! But he made the decision not to play spring and not to work out this summer. On the other hand Fisk is looking really good, I wasn't sold in the spring but wow he's really doing a good job!!!!!! 

that's what i'm saying oldawg. maybe goat or ghost can shed some light on it since they was there. not taking anything from the rb,but sounds like PAM was not in position to make a play. this guy was running through HUGE holes,according to the legacy announcers. seems like by the time we got to him,he was already running full speed ahead. i think PAM didn't adjust to this very well. seemed DP threw more passes in the first half,then went to the run. then again,i think he had 150 at halftime.

The off tackle counter trap killed, and they ran a lot miss direction plays in the second half to keep the defense off balance. You coould tell Dp came into the the game intending to pass, but the defensive pressure the titans applied was too great, even when they move the pocket and rolled the QB out the defense was still dominating. Dp just used our speed with some really good ball fakes with throws to  the flats against us in the second half.   

Classic adjustments made by the Deer coaches; You see that you can get th e defense to over pusue or become undisciplined; you throw in some counter traps and trickery.

Lott is a tremendous talent but he decided football wasnt part of his future and left the program. im glad he returned but Fisk is our guy and thats how it should be. B. leday has to get in gear cause the drops are killing the Titans drives.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline