Spring Westfield 44, Atascocita 17

SFA85

WOW!  Some of you guys who post on here are dillusional and quite hilarious.  Like in a previous post on this topic, some of you want to be coaches so bad it is rediculous but it is obvious you could never be.  WB does not have the numbers like other 5A powerhouses due to the simple fact that they have an enrollment of 2300 where the others have 4200 plus.  The talent pool is only so deep.  There has been talent at WB, this is true.  But, where WB had talent in several positions on the field, teams like Katy, Westfield, and North Shore have it across the board and on the sideline waiting to get in the game!  Also, there have been several times when WB playes those teams that there were injuries at key positions and other issues that they had to face.  Playing favorites?  This is true, a coaches favorite players are the ones that are going to give him the best chance to win.  Period.  Nobody said Stump was Nick Saba, but he is one HELL of a coach.  He has a way building a program and is one of the best of putting kids in position to win.  With that said, the game still has to be played, he can't play it for them.  Although, look at what he did when he did play.  Not too bad.  Yes, he did get knocked out of the playoffs int he second with one of the best backs in the state.  What did he do the following year with less talent?  Went deeper and knocked off a powerhouse in Hightower.  If he is an underachiever because he got knocked out of the playoffs and didnt win state, then you can call 98 percent of the coaches in the state that.  Against teams with equal or better talent, he may not have one them all.  But he never lost to Central or Ozen and only lost to PAM once.  But, I guess they had less talent.  He may or may not make the playoffs this year and may not win state at Atascocita. But he WILL turn them into a winning and competitive program.  He is a coach, not a magician, and a damn good one.  Some of you claim to be Bruin fans and supporters, but never have anything positive to say about the program. I have no problem with a little trash talking, but either get on the bandwagon or off, don't ride the fence.  Or better yet, get a job as a coach.  But you can't.  You either can't take the paycut, or don't have a degree and knowledge of football to do so.  Last, 82-5A, when and what were you doing on a sideline to almost get kicked out of a game?  Taking pictures or filming the band?

[quote name="baddog" post="1287318" timestamp="1349036920"]
Yep, forget what Stump did for WB after the underachieving Rabb years. He moves to Atascosita and has them on the upswing, but let him lose a game to Westfield, and the bashing begins. SFA85 must be a wannabe coach. All he does is bash other coaches. Wow, what a guy. Never coached a down in his life.
[/quote]

Are you clutching your skirt as your type?  I can do what I want per the rules of the board.  Stump isn't all that and has some more arse whippin' coming before the season ends.  Period....

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1286994" timestamp="1348977454"]

Nope! Just a loyal fan to the program  that calls it how I see. I'm a WB graduate and lifetime Bruin. Now out of my curiosity which statement, made by me, is inaccurate?
[/quote]

It's not that. I genuinely thought you may have been a coach during the stump era. That's all.

I used to play for WB myself. Of course, I've implied it quite a few times in the past.  ;D

[quote name="baddog" post="1288612" timestamp="1349179430"]
The skirt is fine. How's that tampon? Roid rage keep you from thinking clearly? Read the post above your last one.

Guess X-Box Kenny proved you wrong. Now you have to go after another coach? Is it ever the players? You could do better at Atascosita?
[/quote]

Never was on roids but you seem to have an extra X chromasome or 2 running around.  Anyway, Stump's lack of playing defense will be exposed big time in this tough district.  The kids only do what the coach tell them.  Xbox is still relying on personnel vs. scheme.........

[quote author=zeroturn link=topic=103793.msg1288318#msg1288318 date=1349133898]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=103793.msg1287759#msg1287759 date=1349099056]
I think Stump was an adequate coach what do conxider bs from Stump

I agree that Stump was a pretty good coach, in his first few years at Brook. But, if you read any of my posts from last season, you should know why. As I said, favorites were being played, and those favorites did not give WB the best chance to win. That is all I will elaborate on this subject.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1289625" timestamp="1349278342"]
[quote author=zeroturn link=topic=103793.msg1288318#msg1288318 date=1349133898]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=103793.msg1287759#msg1287759 date=1349099056]
I think Stump was an adequate coach what do conxider bs from Stump

I agree that Stump was a pretty good coach, in his first few years at Brook. But, if you read any of my posts from last season, you should know why. As I said, favorites were being played, and those favorites did not give WB the best chance to win. That is all I will elaborate on this subject.Well according to who you consider favorites...
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder