Spring Westfield 44, Atascocita 17

SFA85

[quote name="Spreadguy 7" post="1284096" timestamp="1348843806"]
A re-building Atascocita lost to a powerhouse......yea....Stump sucks as a coach...WOW
[/quote]

Westfield did not look like a powerhouse, they were beatable..they ran on Atascocita all night, that TD pass Westfield had was lucky....Ahs wasn't suppose to lose like that

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1283977" timestamp="1348837598"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=103793.msg1283969#msg1283969 date=1348836917]
Westfield has always had Stump's number. I believe he is 0-4 against the Mustangs.
[/quote] yes.  And all 4 losses were woodshed beatings...
[/quote]Not all of them. 2007, or 2008, we hung with them pretty close. In fact, I believe they had to come from behind to win. Score was something like 32-28. It was the first year we had C-Mike and Albert.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1283969" timestamp="1348836917"]
Westfield has always had Stump's number. I believe he is 0-4 against the Mustangs.
[/quote]
Any team with equal or better talent beats Stump! No wins against westfield! Katy beat him like drum every time he played them. One win against North Shore! No wins against Humble! Dude leaves a legacy of underachieving teams. One season he has the top back in the state and doesn't make it out of the second round, go figure... Smh

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1286584" timestamp="1348954235"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=103793.msg1283969#msg1283969 date=1348836917]
[/quote]
Any team with equal or better talent beats Stump! No wins against westfield! Katy beat him like drum every time he played them. One win against North Shore! No wins against Humble! Dude leaves a legacy of underachieving teams. [b]One season he has the top back in the state and doesn't make it out of the second round, go figure... Smh[/b]
[/quote] well Colbert had the best back in the Country (Jamaal Charles) and lost first round to Lamar. Dont hang your head low, trust me, i know how you feel.  ;)

[/quote]
Any team with equal or better talent beats Stump! No wins against westfield! Katy beat him like drum every time he played them. One win against North Shore! No wins against Humble! Dude leaves a legacy of underachieving teams. One season he has the top back in the state and doesn't make it out of the second round, go figure... Smh
[/quote]

Now that's a true assessment of Stump.  No playoffs for South Kingwood until the UIL gets them out of that district.  KF's good, Dekaney's the defending champs and don't sleep on Spring High.  Stump better hope the UIL is kind to him in 2 years....

[/quote]

Out of curiosity, were you ever a coach for WB?

[quote name="wbfan" post="1286975" timestamp="1348976765"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=103793.msg1286584#msg1286584 date=1348954235]

[/quote]

Out of curiosity, were you ever a coach for WB?
[/quote]
Nope! Just a loyal fan to the program  that calls it how I see. I'm a WB graduate and lifetime Bruin. Now out of my curiosity which statement, made by me, is inaccurate?

[/quote]
Any team with equal or better talent beats Stump! No wins against westfield! Katy beat him like drum every time he played them. One win against North Shore! [b]No wins against Humble[/b]! Dude leaves a legacy of underachieving teams. One season he has the top back in the state and doesn't make it out of the second round, go figure... Smh
[/quote]No, we beat then once. The last year they were in our district.....I think it may have been 08, or 09.....maybe even 07 (the year we went 10-1). It was at Durley, that I remember, because I almost got thrown out of the game for arguing with an official while I was on the sidelines. Can you believe that? LOL!

Yep, forget what Stump did for WB after the underachieving Rabb years. He moves to Atascosita and has them on the upswing, but let him lose a game to Westfield, and the bashing begins. SFA85 must be a wannabe coach. All he does is bash other coaches. Wow, what a guy. Never coached a down in his life.

[quote name="baddog" post="1287318" timestamp="1349036920"]
Yep, forget what Stump did for WB after the underachieving Rabb years. He moves to Atascosita and has them on the upswing, but let him lose a game to Westfield, and the bashing begins. SFA85 must be a wannabe coach. All he does is bash other coaches. Wow, what a guy. Never coached a down in his life.
[/quote]
First of all yes Rabb did suck! But, WB had alot of talent there at the end of Rabb's reign. Evident by all the close loses. Uninformed people keep saying "what Stump did for West Brook". Stump was losing at Kelly before he got the WB job. He wasn't this offensive guru, there. His program was taking it on the chin. The talent at WB hid his average coaching ability. Research the DI talent WB sent to college in Stump's tenure as head coach. And with all that talent WB won one district championship and never made it pass the third round of the playoffs. Now that's the definition of underachieving!

I never said Stump was the coach of all coaches. Who doesn't coach better with talent? Not his fault. Did all the talent graduate? I just don't like the way 85 goes after coaches. My post was not directed at you.

Good coaching takes several years to bleed down into the feeder schools. With Beaumont kids being able to go where they want, I feel this would be difficult to do.

And kids tend to want to go to the winning programs. WB's numbers, in the program, aren't what you would expect from a 5A program. Kids want to go where they can win, and where they can play. Unfortunately, the last few years at WB, only the favorites were getting playing time. As a result, alot of those kids elected to go to Ozen, where they wouldn't have to put up with the BS, and where they could play. Hopefully, with this new regime, we will start to see the numbers increase at WB.

Stump did a good job. They were at the bottom when he took over and he made them respectable. Rabb was a great coach at WB for many years, ask anyone who played for him. He came into a bad situation, I think his first or second year as the HC, they opened up Ozen and half of the football players went over there. That affected all sports at WB, but mostly football.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami