SFA vs Baylor

rip2506

Can you say taken to the wood shed?  3-0 first half 4-0 final.. out gunned out manned beat up.

The old saying that when the going gets tough the tough get going surely applied here.... several of the otherwise would be stars.. just fail to show up when the competition level reaches the heights to which Baylor brings. Not knocking just disappointing when you get in a game of this magnitude those players fade.. There were three who played their butts off and I am proud to say that Zuri was one of them.. she proved to me and anyone their she can play on a High Big 12 level ( former teammate and Baylor student Claire "Bear" Dykeman said " Zuri played awesome") and there was one freshman defender and a old wily senior vet who left it all on the field they were both shutting down the best that Baylor could throw at them.... but their were some who win SLC first team and new comers who had little or no impact whats so ever.

Dukeism  when it matters most... that did not show up in the big game.

Baylor was Bigger Stronger and tenacious as I do not know what.. a competitive drive that would almost be considered nasty.. in a good way and many of our players could not match the physical attributes of the common Baylor player but what I was missing was that competitive ( although I walk through the valley of the shadow of death) spirit... Audey Murphy type stuff.. I am taking this hill if it kills me stuff... that is what was missing and disappointing... from our week to week would be stars.

The outcome of the game would not change 9 of 10 games.. but you want to see folks play their best at all times.  Look out Big 12 Baylor is for real.. and I would hate to play OSU.. it would be ugly.

so I have been returned to reality after beating Houston, Rice, TCU and being very competitive matches against Texas Tech and LSU.. the top of the Big 12 is a horse of a different color.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder