Ec vs Woodville.

wackpack

[quote name="goldenarm" post="1280210" timestamp="1348446921"]
EC can bring their jv for this one O LINE is Horrible for WDV.
[/quote]
You, my friend, are extremely naive. Yes, they've had a lot of o-line problems. I agree. But horrible has not been determined yet, because there are bright spots. And with a deeper backfield than any team in the district, and the best middle linebacker in the district, who also was a first team all-district running back, anything can happen. Woodville was leading EC 9-0 at half last year, when everyone thought it'd be a blowout. It ended 21-9. Not a blowout. So give credit where credit is due. We learned EC is obviously not invincible when they got outplayed by a usually weak HJ team. Just don't be so quick to form a conclusion about this one.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1280219" timestamp="1348447417"]
[quote author=goldenarm link=topic=103587.msg1280210#msg1280210 date=1348446921]
[/quote]
You, my friend, are extremely naive. Yes, they've had a lot of o-line problems. I agree. But horrible has not been determined yet, because there are bright spots. And with a deeper backfield than any team in the district, and the best middle linebacker in the district, who also was a first team all-district running back, anything can happen. Woodville was leading EC 9-0 at half last year, when everyone thought it'd be a blowout. It ended 21-9. Not a blowout. So give credit where credit is due. We learned EC is obviously not invincible when they got outplayed by a usually weak HJ team. Just don't be so quick to form a conclusion about this one.
[/quote] Stop living off the past. Kirbyville went 2-9 in 3A last season, but not the case this year just watch and see. "Deeper Backfield".....naw i doubt it. I cant wait to see these wideouts from Kville have a track meet on that Woodville defense considering all the junk you talked earlier in the season.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1280230" timestamp="1348447846"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=103587.msg1280219#msg1280219 date=1348447417]
[quote author=goldenarm link=topic=103587.msg1280210#msg1280210 date=1348446921]
[/quote]
[/quote] Stop living off the past. Kirbyville went 2-9 in 3A last season, but not the case this year just watch and see. "Deeper Backfield".....naw i doubt it. I cant wait to see these wideouts from Kville have a track meet on that Woodville defense considering all the junk you talked earlier in the season.
[/quote]
Really? I talk junk? Lol okay. And yeah and Kville is 1-2 this season. Not much of an improvement buddy. Yes, deeper backfield than KIRBYVILLE too. Before you come talking mess on a forum that doesn't have very much at all to do with Kville, please get your grammar straight. I want to be able to at least understand you.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1280261" timestamp="1348449927"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=103587.msg1280230#msg1280230 date=1348447846]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=103587.msg1280219#msg1280219 date=1348447417]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Really? I talk junk? Lol okay. And yeah and Kville is 1-2 this season. Not much of an improvement buddy. Yes, deeper backfield than KIRBYVILLE too. Before you come talking mess on a forum that doesn't have very much at all to do with Kville, please get your grammar straight. I want to be able to at least understand you.
[/quote] Grammar?? Learn how to spell the word "Dimensional" before you call YOURSELF correcting me...smh

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1280292" timestamp="1348451466"]
[quote author=KingJames123 link=topic=103587.msg1280284#msg1280284 date=1348451191]
Buna??... are they supposed to be good?
[/quote]

Well, if we were to compare Buna to Kountze, I may have to go with Buna. ;)
[/quote] Me too! Kountze havent showed me NOTHING!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1280292" timestamp="1348451466"]
[quote author=KingJames123 link=topic=103587.msg1280284#msg1280284 date=1348451191]
[/quote]

[/quote]
And what has buna shown?? Ive seen kville they definitely aint showed me anything.. aaw you will pick anyone over Kountze anyways

[quote name="KingJames123" post="1280303" timestamp="1348452222"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=103587.msg1280292#msg1280292 date=1348451466]
[/quote] KINGJAMES...Kountze need to increase their level of competition. If you think yall gonna beat Kirbyville this year you're gonna be really upset...lol

[/quote]
And what has buna shown?? Ive seen kville they definitely aint showed me anything.. aaw you will pick anyone over Kountze anyways
[/quote]

EC 28
Eagles 14

i just picked the numbers out of the air.

Reasons for:
1. EC was 1-2 against 3A competition in non-district last year and won the district championship. I'm not ready to throw them under the bus after one pre-district loss.
2. If EC was missing 3 starters last week it should help if they are back. I am not saying that is the reason for the loss to HJ, only that if you are missing a frontline player you naturally expect a little boost when they get back.
3. Nothing like a loss to wake you up when it looks like you can put it on cruise control. The posts last week made the HJ game out to be as close to a cruise control game as EC was likely to see. Not saying EC did that, but the case for a just-show-up-and-win was more or less made in the forum.
4. Having read how little chance HJ was going to have last week and enduring a loss, EC players will not put any stock in assertions that Woodville has no chance this week.
4. Woodville seems to have struggled comming out of the gates. Not saying they can't right the ship, just appears to me that it may take a bit longer to do so.
5. Finally, since I live in South Texas and don't get an opportunity to see the teams play I can plead lack of knowledge if I'm wrong...LOL.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1280219" timestamp="1348447417"]
[/quote]
[/quote] lol deepest backfield in the district that's hilarious!!

[quote name="oldbuc77" post="1280330" timestamp="1348455062"]
EC 28
Eagles 14

Reasons for:
1. EC was 1-2 against 3A competition in non-district last year and won the district championship. I'm not ready to throw them under the bus after one pre-district loss.
2. If EC was missing 3 starters last week it should help if they are back. I am not saying that is the reason for the loss to HJ, only that if you are missing a frontline player you naturally expect a little boost when they get back.
3. Nothing like a loss to wake you up when it looks like you can put it on cruise control. The posts last week made the HJ game out to be as close to a cruise control game as EC was likely to see. Not saying EC did that, but the case for a just-show-up-and-win was more or less made in the forum.
4. Having read how little chance HJ was going to have last week and enduring a loss, EC players will not put any stock in assertions that Woodville has no chance this week.
4. Woodville seems to have struggled comming out of the gates. Not saying they can't right the ship, just appears to me that it may take a bit longer to do so.
5. Finally, since I live in South Texas and don't get an opportunity to see the teams play I can plead lack of knowledge if I'm wrong...LOL.
[/quote]  why would ec have even been on cruise control its not like they were blowing out the competition so far.

Im my opinion, i think EC needs to go for two after every TD...  Before we attempted the PAT at HJ, we were discussing it in the stands that going for the tie was like going for the loss with our lack of ability to kick the PAT.  On the road you have to go for the win and means going for two... We have missed at least 50% of our PAT this year and that is what killed us Friday.. 

I won't even go into our passing attack......  it was bad..

Again, not taking away from HJ because defensively they played very well.  HJ hit us harder than any other team so far... They ran to the ball well and kept the big plays from happening.

If we can throw the ball against Woodville that will open the running game.. If not, history could repeat itself again Friday Night.

[quote name="Back2swag" post="1280467" timestamp="1348491315"]
[quote author=oldbuc77 link=topic=103587.msg1280330#msg1280330 date=1348455062]
EC 28
Eagles 14

Reasons for:
[/quote]  why would ec have even been on cruise control its not like they were blowing out the competition so far.
[/quote]

There was no reason for EC to be on cruise control and I specifically pointed out that I wasn't saying EC did that (that refering to being on cruise control). What I intended was to point out that it appeared that many (not all, but many) of the posts in the prediction thread for the EC/HJ game suggested that HJ had no chance to beat EC and basically all EC had to do was show up. That proved to be wrong thinking as HJ won the game. Thus I am not buying that, as posted earlier in the thread, all EC has to bring against Woodville is the JV. There was no intent to disparage either EC by believing they were on cruise control or HJ by suggesting that EC being on cruise control was the reason for their victory.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder