22-3A District Playoff Predictions

TROJANSWIN

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1279862" timestamp="1348420016"]
Getting Ready to start district play this week, and things in 22-3A look to have been shaken up a little.
What are your predictions for the final standings, and which teams go to the playoffs this year?
[/quote] You guys gonna have trouble with Cleveland an Shepard is what i think. How many seniors on this Trojans team?

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1279875" timestamp="1348421292"]
Here are my thoughts.

1. Coldspring 6-0 in district - playoffs 3 rounds
2. Cleveland 5-1 in district - playoffs 3 rounds
3. Huffman 4-2 in district - playoffs 1 round
4. Tarkington 3-3 in district
5. Shepherd 2-4 in district
6. Splendora 1-5 in district
7. Liberty 0-6 in district
[/quote] Coldspring seem to be slacking off like Kirbyville have...how many seniors on the squad?

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1279873" timestamp="1348421248"]
[quote author=TROJANSWIN link=topic=103585.msg1279862#msg1279862 date=1348420016]
Getting Ready to start district play this week, and things in 22-3A look to have been shaken up a little.
What are your predictions for the final standings, and which teams go to the playoffs this year?
[/quote] You guys gonna have trouble with Cleveland an Shepard is what i think. How many seniors on this Trojans team?
[/quote]
Cleveland game may be close, Shepherd won't be that close.  By my figuring, there are about 14 or 15 seniors on the team right now.  13 were starting last week, but 1 Offensive lineman was out for the season, and I think we lost another this week, possibly for the season. 

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1279888" timestamp="1348421898"]
This preseason schedule has been brutal.  Not only have we lost twice, but we have had a ton of injuries compared to the last couple of years.  Team is pretty beat up, but I think they will be fine in district.  Hopefully we heal up before playoffs, or it could be an early basketball season.
[/quote] Kirbyville have the same problem with the injuries. Cleveland have a pretty good defense, but Kirbyville had way too many chances to put them away. They gonna give yall a ball game. Sounds like next season the Trojans gonna be in a rebuilding year.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1279891" timestamp="1348422151"]
[quote author=TROJANSWIN link=topic=103585.msg1279888#msg1279888 date=1348421898]
This preseason schedule has been brutal.  Not only have we lost twice, but we have had a ton of injuries compared to the last couple of years.  Team is pretty beat up, but I think they will be fine in district.  Hopefully we heal up before playoffs, or it could be an early basketball season.
[/quote] Kirbyville have the same problem with the injuries. Cleveland have a pretty good defense, but Kirbyville had way too many chances to put them away. They gonna give yall a ball game. Sounds like next season the Trojans gonna be in a rebuilding year.
[/quote]

Maybe they are in that rebuilding year now.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1279897" timestamp="1348423019"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=103585.msg1279891#msg1279891 date=1348422151]
[quote author=TROJANSWIN link=topic=103585.msg1279888#msg1279888 date=1348421898]
[/quote]

Maybe they are in that rebuilding year now.
[/quote]
Hardly a rebuilding year.  Navasota has a great team, losing to them is something that a lot of people are going to have to learn to live with this year.  LCM has a good team, but we played bad, turned the ball over too much, and got slaughtered by the refs.  Pre-district schedule was a beast.  This week district starts and the Trojans will be fine. 
Next year's team will be fine as well.  The linebackers on this team are young, and will be back for a few years, JV and Freshman teams are slaughtering people.  Looking at the kids that are coming up, we should be good for at least the next 10 years barring any major coaching changes or some random disaster.  Coldspring is going to have the talent, it is just a matter of having the right coaches and schemes to match it.  We have a bunch of huge wood cutting country kids mixed with a bunch of speed.  Their is a 6th grader right now that is 6'1" and weighs 285 pounds.  Can't wait to see him in 7th grade football next year.  Heck, I can almost pick out the starting offensive line for the future from this year's 6th grade class.  As Barbay says, "We don't rebuild, we reload".

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1280248" timestamp="1348449270"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=103585.msg1280243#msg1280243 date=1348449096]
The winner of Huffman/CS wins the district. Splendora, Cleveland and Tarkington will compete for the 3rd spot.
[/quote] Cleveland might fight for 1st...just saying
[/quote]

No they won't, just bc they beat Kville you want to talk them up Kville is not very strong this year and niether in Cleveland they will struggle for third at best go find a Kville thread.

I would just like to see spendora capture one of the three, with the new UIL alignments they are now ranked with more students than Huffman and that would move us to the bottom bracket. Not that the bottom would be any easier but we could avoid Navasota who has players listed in every catagory in stats. Not to mention it would be a nice change to meet someone new in the playoffs besides the same teams we play every year and a chance to meet CS in one of the rounds would make for a very exciting game.Win lose or draw that game always is a good one.

I Think the top three look like this.

Coldspring
Huffman
Cleveland

I have not seen anything to change my mind on this.  I have see some better play out of some of the other district teams though.  I was a little shocked that Shepherd beat Diboll.  Also Tarkington has won a few games this year.  I dont know what is going on in Liberty.  They have completely fallen off. 

[quote name="mwm4795" post="1280453" timestamp="1348490681"]
I would just like to see spendora capture one of the three, with the new UIL alignments they are now ranked with more students than Huffman and that would move us to the bottom bracket. Not that the bottom would be any easier but we could avoid Navasota who has players listed in every catagory in stats. Not to mention it would be a nice change to meet someone new in the playoffs besides the same teams we play every year and a chance to meet CS in one of the rounds would make for a very exciting game.Win lose or draw that game always is a good one.
[/quote]

Just some food for thought:
If Splendora makes it, you better hope Huffman beats Coldspring and finishes first.  If not, then WOS will be waiting in Round 1.  Mustangs playing pretty good ball right now!  Then, if the Taylor Ducks make the playoffs, I believe that would push Navasota into Division II as well....
I know there are a lot of "ifs" there, and it's a long way down the road, but......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder