top 10 polls

skipper

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1279083" timestamp="1348334225"]
[quote author=coach pops link=topic=103534.msg1279082#msg1279082 date=1348334151]
pa news scores shows Angleton lost last night to a 3A school. Doubt this is correct. Can someone confirm?
[/quote]Loss 7-8 to Aleif Taylor a 5a school.
[/quote]Taylor has a very good defense this year.

[quote name="liltex" post="1279222" timestamp="1348346171"]
Everybody hates Katy and gives their best to knock em down a notch.Katy overated wait & see 8)
[/quote] I hope you're right, hope we'll see it come playoff time but right now they're good, i mean really good.

[quote name="liltex" post="1279250" timestamp="1348348273"]
They are not Shore good & would not be surprized if they get beat before the playoffs ;)
[/quote]You were right about NS being very good this year when you saw them scrimmage Hou Memorial. I dont know what they did between last year and the start of this year but whatever they did its working, totally different team from last year.

[quote name="liltex" post="1279213" timestamp="1348345353"]
Yet Taylor gave up 33 to FB Hightower in a 33-14 loss,Hightower edged Elkins 22-12  Dayt beat Elkins 17-6
[/quote]

I had a gut feeling Angleton was going to lose against Taylor. Taylor's defense was outstanding. Better than Nederland's and Nederland has a heck of a defense. Never mind that they gave up 23 and 33 points to 2 championship caliber 5A teams in Katy and Hightower, but the fact is that they only gave up a total of 130 yards to Katy and 230 yards to Hightower and outgained both of them in yardage. Turnovers were the keys to those losses. Angleton outgained Taylor in yardage and I was very proud on how the Wildcat defense played. Taylor just made the big plays late in the 4th and if it wasn't for a questionable pass interference call and the missed holding call on the DE, Angleton would have pulled it out. But that's football. Sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't. But again Alief Taylor had about 5 D1 caliber players on their defense and it showed. It was a tough, emotional loss and the good thing is that we have a bye week coming up to regroup and get ready for Lamar Cons. The bad is that we have to wait 2 weeks to get a chance to get back into the winning feeling.

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1280208" timestamp="1348446825"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=103534.msg1279213#msg1279213 date=1348345353]
Yet Taylor gave up 33 to FB Hightower in a 33-14 loss,Hightower edged Elkins 22-12  Dayt beat Elkins 17-6
[/quote]

I had a gut feeling Angleton was going to lose against Taylor. Taylor's defense was outstanding. Better than Nederland's and Nederland has a heck of a defense. Never mind that they gave up 23 and 33 points to 2 championship caliber 5A teams in Katy and Hightower, but [b]the fact is that they only gave up a total of 130 yards to Katy and 230 yards to Hightower and outgained both of them in yardage[/b]. Turnovers were the keys to those losses. Angleton outgained Taylor in yardage and I was very proud on how the Wildcat defense played. Taylor just made the big plays late in the 4th and if it wasn't for a questionable pass interference call and the missed holding call on the DE, Angleton would have pulled it out. But that's football. Sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't. But again Alief Taylor had about 5 D1 caliber players on their defense and it showed. It was a tough, emotional loss and the good thing is that we have a bye week coming up to regroup and get ready for Lamar Cons. The bad is that we have to wait 2 weeks to get a chance to get back into the winning feeling.
[/quote]wow!  :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder